Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman looks good, but the last few high-end centers (Ayton, KAT, even Embiid) haven't really moved the needle that much for their teams.

Maybe Pop and Duncan could change that trend, but to do so might require ushering in a new era -- the post three-point era?

It's gotta happen sometime (of course, the Spurs would have to somehow get Wiseman in the first place).
    That would be music to my ears.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamelo ball would be wild on the spurs, but Pop and RC wouldn't want him cause he's not "classy"
    I don't think Pop would have a problem with LaMelo. Lonzo, by all accounts is a good guy. The problem with drafting any Ball kid is LeVar. He's an already manifested Uncle Dennis.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBC Sports : 2020 NBA Mock Draft: Who is going No. 1?
    By Rob Dauster Feb 11, 2020, 3:38 PM EST

13. ISAIAH STEWART, Washington

Details: 18 years old, 6-foot-9, 250 lbs
    Key Stats: 17.4 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 2.0 bpg, 75.3% FT

What you see is what you get with Stewart. He’s a tireless rebounder that, at 250 pounds of solid muscle, is ready to compete in the paint against NBA bigs right now. He’s a good post scorer that has shown some glimpses of being able to make threes — the Washington staff will tell you he’s lights out in practice. That’s the good. The bad is that he is an undersized center at 6-foot-9 that doesn’t have the length or explosiveness to be able to protect the rim at the NBA level, and while he’ll put in the effort to guard on the perimeter, he has never really shown that ability. Playing in that Washington zone hasn’t helped quell those concerns, either. He’s tough, he has a motor, he’s really good at the things that he does well, but if he’s not going to protect the rim or guard on the perimeter, where does he fit in the modern NBA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: 2020 NBA Mock Draft 3.0: Anthony Edwards Stays At Top Post-Trade Deadline
    Jeremy Woo
    Feb 12, 2020

12. San Antonio Spurs - Nico Mannion, PG, Arizona

Height: 6’3” | Weight: 190 | Age: 18 | Freshman

As Arizona has struggled and Mannion’s issues attacking the rim have persisted, his stock has understandably leveled out a bit. He’s still an appealing option toward the back end of the lottery with all he brings to the table, although the finishing concerns for a guy with his build are legitimate, and he’s not particularly good defensively right now. Still, Mannion has always been able to figure things out on the fly, and scouts I’ve spoken with almost unanimously love his intangibles. He’s still so young that there’s plenty of time to get over the hump and work himself into a starting-caliber guard. In the worst-case scenario, Mannion profiles as a very good backup on a good team. The Spurs have too many guards, but he’s a pretty strong fit for what San Antonio likes to do offensively and culturally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nbadraft.com: 2020 Mock Draft
    Updated: 2020-02-03 22:56:07

13 San Antonio Onyeka Okongwu 6-9 230 PF/C USC Fr.
    43 San Antonio Malachi Flynn 6-2 175 PG San Diego St. Jr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA: 2020 NBA Mock Draft, Post-Trade Deadline Edition
    Jonathan Wasserman, February 7, 2020

13. San Antonio Spurs: Nico Mannion (Arizona, PG, Freshman)
    13 of 16

Scouts have started to question whether Nico Mannion can be a star NBA point guard, though most agree he's a surefire pro capable of bringing shooting, passing and compe iveness to a backcourt.

Averaging 14.2 points and 5.7 assists, he ranks in the 80th percentile as a pick-and-roll ball-handler. And he's making 1.7 threes per game and 84.9 percent of his free throws.

While Dejounte Murray gives the San Antonio Spurs athleticism and defense at the point, Mannion is the more skilled, polished point guard with a better jumper and more natural playmaking instincts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBAdraftroom.com: 2020 NBA Mock Draft
    undated

13 Spurs Isaac Okoro SF - HT: 6-6 - WT: 225 - WING: 6-9 - FROM: Auburn - Fr.
    A standout defender and excellent athlete who is a game-changer with his energy and effort. Excels in transition. faster Justin Anderson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: Pippen Ain't Easy: 2020 NBA Mock Draft Version 5.0: Post trade deadline
    by Aaron Peterson 1 day ago [AKA 13 February 2020]

R.J. Hampton Guard, New Zealand
    San Antonio Spurs
    8.8 points, 3.9 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.1 steals, 0.3 blocks, 41% fg, 30% 3pt, 21 mpg

R.J. Hampton is one of the hardest prospects in this class to get an evaluation on. He has looked solid in his time in New Zealand this year, but this time has been extremely limited. As a gifted athlete, Hampton earns his money by getting into the lane and finishing.

His ball handling and speed make him a threat to score lots inside and get to the line with ease, but his shooting touch must continue to improve. On the defensive end, Hampton shows great promise, largely in thanks to size and athleticism.

As San Antonio decided to ride with what they had at the trade deadline, despite rumors spiraling around the Riverwalk that a rebuild is on the horizon. This ignorance makes drafting here a difficult task. With Hampton, the Spurs receive a prospect with a very high ceiling that can play and guard multiple positions as a combo guard.

This way, a decision does not have to be made to win now or win later, as the New Zealand guard can help with both.
    Draft Stock Trend: -4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sporting News: NBA Mock Draft 2020, post-trade deadline edition: Warriors take LaMelo Ball; Knicks pick point guard of future
    Written By Chris Stone 1 day ago [AKA 13 February 2020]

12. Spurs — Obi Toppin, Forward, Dayton

H: 6-9 | W: 220 | Age: 21.9

Toppin is one of the best players in college basketball this season, and his upside as a power forward or small-ball center who can stretch the floor and create off the bounce is enticing.

If San Antonio is interested in finding players who could help immediately, Toppin would make a lot of sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at these prospects. Spurs chose a bad year to finally hit the lottery. Regardless of what pick they land I'd trade it for an average SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who has the best defensive potential, especially at the wing position?

My biggest concern is for us to focus on defense again. Like we used to.
    I would be proud to have the best defensive team in the NBA even if we were dead last in offense vs having it the other way around. Defense wins championships, that will not change.
    Obviously you need SOME kind of semblance of offense but defense is where its at. Focus on that Spurs and this can be a productive offseason. Whether its through the draft or through trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: Pippen Ain't Easy: 2020 NBA Mock Draft Version 5.0: Post trade deadline
    by Aaron Peterson 1 day ago [AKA 13 February 2020]
    I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of the RJ Hampton videos i've seen.

He's another guard but he is a higher ceiling guard. He's really fast and athletic, looks like he attacks the rim hard. Apparently a good play-maker and has tools on defense. Ok shooter but not great.

If he falls to the Spurs, they should strongly consider him, even with Murray, White, and Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at these prospects. Spurs chose a bad year to finally hit the lottery. Regardless of what pick they land I'd trade it for an average SF.
    There are some good prospects in the lottery man this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are some good prospects in the lottery man this year.
    Only Wiseman and Edwards are worth a damn, and even they have decent bust potential. The rest are low floor medium ceiling prospects at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who has the best defensive potential, especially at the wing position?

My biggest concern is for us to focus on defense again. Like we used to.
    I would be proud to have the best defensive team in the NBA even if we were dead last in offense vs having it the other way around. Defense wins championships, that will not change.
    Obviously you need SOME kind of semblance of offense but defense is where its at. Focus on that Spurs and this can be a productive offseason. Whether its through the draft or through trades.
    Best front court defenders IMO...

SF: Bey, Nwora, Okoro
    PF: Reed, Toppin
    C: J. Smith, Okongwu

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    toppin and nwora are the best choices

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I feel Spurs would do better if they traded their pick for something, non of this upcoming class after maybe 2 will be future needle movers , possibly career decent roll players at best.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if we are late lottery, consider trading position or just take best available talent. Don't draft for position. Should hopefully get a quality NBA player (Starter or bench person at this position). No talent to really turn a franchise around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of the RJ Hampton videos i've seen.

He's another guard but he is a higher ceiling guard. He's really fast and athletic, looks like he attacks the rim hard. Apparently a good play-maker and has tools on defense. Ok shooter but not great.

If he falls to the Spurs, they should strongly consider him, even with Murray, White, and Walker.
    Sounds like Hampton has a lot of similar traits to Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If toppin is there, thats a no brainer, but I doubt he’ll fall out of the top 5. I like Okongwu a lot as well.

Like most drafts people predict to be mediocre, there will be a couple franchise players people aren’t expecting.

I was a fan of RJ in HS, but he hasn’t shown a lot in NZ, plus to take a wing over a big in this draft...before we’ve even developed the wings we have already, would mean that wing has to be a sure fire stud. Not worth the risk right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the 13th pick the San Antonio Spurs select D’midget Shortman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a 6'2 unathletic guy with strong character who can play SF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the 13th pick the San Antonio Spurs select D’midget Shortman.
    D'midget Egghead Shortman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman looks good, but the last few high-end centers (Ayton, KAT, even Embiid) haven't really moved the needle that much for their teams.

Maybe Pop and Duncan could change that trend, but to do so might require ushering in a new era -- the post three-point era?

It's gotta happen sometime (of course, the Spurs would have to somehow get Wiseman in the first place).
    Pop and Duncan cannot change the trend. Only Silver can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch them take Mannion.

That would be a megamiss.

Thread Information