Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4810
    Post Count
    Lame, hopefully he recovers quickly.

Post Count
    Interesting for me on the depth chart:

1. Jake Majors on the sheet as a Freshman, exclude the kid from O'connor
    2. BJ Foster a backup
    3. We are loaded at DB
    4. B. Robinson 6' 222? 222 elusive Freshman?
    5. Christine Jones at RT.... some body needed?
    6. Reese L as a backup to Ossai
    7. Eagles not starting...

Edit

Christian Jones, not Christine.
    Stacked at RB too.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Interesting for me on the depth chart:

1. Jake Majors on the sheet as a Freshman, exclude the kid from O'connor
    2. BJ Foster a backup
    3. We are loaded at DB
    4. B. Robinson 6' 222? 222 elusive Freshman?
    5. Christine Jones at RT.... some body needed?
    6. Reese L as a backup to Ossai
    7. Eagles not starting...

Edit

Christian Jones, not Christine.

Jones looks like a specimen, he is like a mountain.
    Jake Majors was a very highly rated Center coming out of high school, but he jumping over Rafiti who probably needs to switch to guard or transfer, he isn't a P5 Center.
    Seeing Andrej Karic up to second team is really a good sign, I think he is our next great offensive linemen.

Agree on our DBs, I would also add we are incredibly deep at DT as well. our defensive weakness is at DE and LBs, if we get those two positions up like we have at DT and DB and we are going to have a national top defense forget the Big 12, we will be up there with Bama and Georgia.

It's a good sign that Eagles is 2nd team, he needs a kick in the pants, I know he wears his emotions on his sleeve and these political things are affecting his brain. He is in a place where he either needs to poop or get off the toilet. He wants to be both a football player and an activist, I don't think he has the ability to be both, he needs to pick.

UTEP is going to be a good game to watch, I think we will have the chance to a lot of these young guys get on the field. I am most interested in seeing if our new position coaches have improved the play of the guys we have had in the system for 3 years.

Jake Smith having a hamstring injury absolutely sucks, there are 4 injuries that can be considered less serious, but have the affect of lingering over a much longer period of time. shoulder injuries, ankle injuries, groin injuries and hamstring injuries. I hope this isn't one of those injuries because he is going to be our best receiver this year.

Random thoughts on the game.Texas should look like JC playing a HS which is good. Should get a lot of the young players in to the game.
    Over all DL looks good some times hard to seperate DE from DT some are interchangeable.
    Have 12 LBS on ships surely can fill two positions.
    Hope to see another QB by half time but doubt if I do.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm hearing now that Smith's hammy injury isn't that bad and he actually could play if this was a big game, but since it's UTEP he is sitting out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Random thoughts on the game.Texas should look like JC playing a HS which is good. Should get a lot of the young players in to the game.
    Over all DL looks good some times hard to seperate DE from DT some are interchangeable.
    Have 12 LBS on ships surely can fill two positions.
    Hope to see another QB by half time but doubt if I do.

I have a feeling we are going to be seeing a couple transfers after this season.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas offers '22 LB Sebastian Cheeks (Evanston, IL)

https://247sports.com/Player/Sebastian-Cheeks-46099187/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11167300/Sebastian-Cheeks

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Post Count
    I'm hearing now that Smith's hammy injury isn't that bad and he actually could play if this was a big game, but since it's UTEP he is sitting out.
    Thats great to hear. Wanted to see him this game, but he isn't needed against UTEP. Most important thing is that it gets taken care of completely with no lingering effects and he is good to go for conference play.

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lame, hopefully he recovers quickly.
    TFloss32
    Can we please remove the political bull ?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Stanford bound

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TFloss32
    Can we please remove the political bull ?
    Thank you

It's a good sign that Eagles is 2nd team, he needs a kick in the pants, I know he wears his emotions on his sleeve and these political things are affecting his brain. He is in a place where he either needs to poop or get off the toilet. He wants to be both a football player and an activist, I don't think he has the ability to be both, he needs to pick.

You sound like you are telling the young man to shut up and run routes... pretty much the problem

Eagles is second string bc he isn't that great. He wasn't out of high school (4 star based off speed and potential). The OC said he doesn't play at 4.4 speed all the time. Him having political views isn't preventing him from playing ball like he should as a 6'3, 200 lb receiver running a 4.4, its purely just him and his confidence in himself and diagnosing things.

Idk, just messed up that people are putting football players in a bubble of ONLY being able to play football. Thats comparable to saying somebody needs to quit there job bc they have views and they let them known on Twitter or whatever, rather political or not. Not to mention, Tarik Black isn't a young scrub, he is graduate transfer from Michigan lol not UAB or some unknown school.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

You sound like you are telling the young man to shut up and run routes... pretty much the problem

Eagles is second string bc he isn't that great. He wasn't out of high school (4 star based off speed and potential). The OC said he doesn't play at 4.4 speed all the time. Him having political views isn't preventing him from playing ball like he should as a 6'3, 200 lb receiver running a 4.4, its purely just him and his confidence in himself and diagnosing things.

Idk, just messed up that people are putting football players in a bubble of ONLY being able to play football. Thats comparable to saying somebody needs to quit there job bc they have views and they let them known on Twitter or whatever, rather political or not. Not to mention, Tarik Black isn't a young scrub, he is graduate transfer from Michigan lol not UAB or some unknown school.
    I think this was addressed in the video by our offensive of coordinator in a subtle manner. In my opinion it was subtly hinted that he is not understanding the new routes as well as Black is.

as far as why eagles is not comfortable with the new system is supposition. Black is ready, this is what counts.

Yeah, I believe/assume ppl have their own viewpoints of the young man and are saying "well he should be first string if he is making comments like he did and bc he was here last year, leading returning catcher, etc."

Like I said, from his recruitment, I understood why we offered but he NEVER showed me the great speed he possess on the field. All in all, bc he has viewpoints and plays football, doesn't mean he needs to be first string lol... there are many people that do more than just one thing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rate players by their actions on the field Not by what you think is in their head or heart. Eagles will be on field 40 to 60 percent of the time depending on his actions on the field.

Rate players by their actions on the field Not by what you think is in their head or heart. Eagles will be on field 40 to 60 percent of the time depending on his actions on the field.
    That's a naive way of looking at things in life. Someone can be your friend for 6 months, then roll a grenade into the operations center. What someone believes may be MORE important than their current actions seem to indicate.

Nonetheless, when someone threatens to sit out the season due to wokeness, or social justice, or political correctness, they could be using the political climate to disguise the fact that they are not living up to expectations in another area (ie. football field). I warned about this when it happened (maybe on another board) because it made no sense but fandom will be fandom and jock-sniffing will continue. This could be a HUGE life lesson for this young man but I doubt it will as long as people continue to tell how wonderful he is and kids will be kids.

What is the HUGE life lesson you are hoping Eagles gets?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I want him to play well enough to be on the field 90% of the time.
    He made some fantastic plays. I want those plays back and occurring while he is on the field.
    He is on the team, so I dont care about what is in his head concerning his personal political beliefs (as long as he is not thinking like a serial killer or some has strange psychosis)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2021 OL Jack Leyrer commits to Stanford.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information