Page 121 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 4810
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I don't get why the horns don't run the ball more. They have that huge line and they only use the rbs for 16 carries. Stupid, imo

☝Agree with that. It looks like they do it just to give the rb hope to get carries.

Whether or not he has any chance in the nfl is besides the point. It was obvious why we lost.
    Yes Texas was out played and out coached main reason they lost.

After watching most other teams in Big 12 play yesterday future looks bad. Unless there is a drastic turn around in defense and some changes in offense ,Texas will be favored to win only over Kansas. Sadbut IMO true.

Whether or not he has any chance in the nfl is besides the point. It was obvious why we lost.
    Yep. Horrific officiating kept the game close. But, television sponsors are happy, because all butts were in a seat watching. Blowout ? Not so much.

After watching most other teams in Big 12 play yesterday future looks bad. Unless there is a drastic turn around in defense and some changes in offense ,Texas will be favored to win only over Kansas. Sadbut IMO true.
    The last time Texas went 1-6 against the Hornfrogs was the decade of the 1930s (1932-1938) with three coaches during that span (Littlefield, Chevigny, & Bible starting his tenure). This should NEVER happen to Longhorns against any opponent much less a small private school. Next year, in Fort Worth (or again this year in CCG), Herman can either produce a turnaround or post the worst record against TCU in UT history.

1932-1938 1-6
    2014-2020 1-6
    2012-2020 2-7

Year / Result / Head coach / Yr Results
    1932 L0-14 C. Littlefield 8-2
    1933 L0-30* C. Littlefield 4-5-2
    1934 W20-19 Jack Chevigny 7-2-1
    1935 L0-28* Jack Chevigny 4-6
    1936 L6-27* Jack Chevigny 2-6-1
    1937 L0-14* Dana X. Bible 2-6-1
    1938 L6-28 Dana X. Bible 1-8

2014 L10-48* Charlie Strong 10-2
    2015 L7-50 Charlie Strong 7-6
    2016 L9-31* Charlie Strong 4-8
    2017 L7-24 Tom Herman 7-6
    2018 W16-31* Tom Herman 10-4
    2019 L27-37 Tom Herman 8-5
    2020 L31-33* Tom Herman 2-1

*=UT home game in Austin

That's exactly what I was thinking. We're going to make every qb we face look like a heisman contender.

Ehlinger is not elite, but he is a very good QB, with a complete game. He does have some accuracy issues, especially today. His receivers did drop some balls though. The OL is a mess. Our ST was better today, but still a mess. Our D was better, but couldn't get stops when needed. We play undisciplined and commit too many penalties. Our coaching staff is subpar. Injuries are starting to mount.
    Ingraham extending was not smart. Just take the down and try the next one.
    The refs were atrocious. We still should have won despite their poor game, but they really did screw us over on about 5 or 6 horrible calls.
    To blame Ehlinger for the loss is so erroneous.
    good post. It is erroneous to blame the loss on Ehlinger. He was injured during the Tech game and suffered through this week's practices with a deep leg bruise and messed up left hand, which made going under center snaps difficult and it showed during the game. As a consequence, Ehlinger had a less than good game against TCU. Ehlinger is a very good college QB (a lot like Eric Crouch or Tim Tebow, IMO) but after 4 yrs, he still has accuracy issues, esp throwing behind receivers with receivers that are not bailing him out (eg,Duvernay & Collin Johnson).

Nonetheless, if the players know that the leader is not 100%, then they HAVE to pick up the slack and play better than they have... but they didnt. Not only was the run blocking bad but there were horrible penalties on HUGE plays (how does Jones completely miss the play call and run 5 yds downfield when he should be in pass pro?). Special teams didnt help out either committing a stupid, unnecessary penalty on the best runback (Jamison's) in a very long time. And, a few very noticeable dropped wide open passes (Smith) that could have changed the game. on and on and on... it should never have come down to a predictable 1 yd power run with an OL that hasnt been able to dictate the situation

Just read this on another board and thought it was well said:
    "There’s no easy way to summarize this loss for Texas. Perhaps a comedy of errors is the only colloquial summation. The Longhorns didn’t lose because of their 12 penalties. They didn’t lose because of a pair of ill-timed turnovers. They didn’t lose because of ill-timed drops. They didn’t lose because of special teams miscues. They didn’t lose because of weird situational defensive calls, like Texas’ defensive front lining up preposterously wide on Max Duggan’s fourth-quarter touchdown run. They lost because of all of those things. "
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 10-04-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Kickoff return was Jamison Fox announcers mixed up again.
    I would have liked too have seen Thompson get a series or two. Never happen in modern football.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    I don't get why the horns don't run the ball more. They have that huge line and they only use the rbs for 16 carries. Stupid, imo
    you obviously dont watch texas games the o line can not run block they get blown up & make 0 holes

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Herman did great at UH. He'd be a perfect fit for taking UTSA to the next level. But he is not the guy that's going to ring for us.

Put Urban in the bull-pen. Warm him up.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Kenyatta Watson headed to the transfer portal

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Is he worried that Crawford is going to take his spot or is it the lack of playing time/production?

Kenyatta Watson headed to the transfer portal
    Well . Was hoping for good things from him.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    you obviously dont watch texas games the o line can not run block they get blown up & make 0 holes
    I've watched enough. Explain why the backs are averaging over 5 ypc

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The middle 3 of the oline just are not that good imo.
    Kerstetter is out of position, and our guards are just not that good.
    The one bright spot is our RT who is really gonna be good. Cosmi, the LT, is gone to the NFL next year.
    If you watched the run on the goal line where we fumbled you can see we did not get a great push and TCUs LB had a chance to jump it. We dont have a big H back type that can lead into the hole either. Thats a young TCU DL and we could not push them around when necessary. We open up some big plays, but that consistent 4-7 yards on run plays does not exist as it should playing a DL that was just not that good.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    I've watched enough. Explain why the backs are averaging over 5 ypc
    thats a fluke stat i assume you watched the texas v tech game u wouldve seen how turrible the run blocking was

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    thats a fluke stat i assume you watched the texas v tech game u wouldve seen how turrible the run blocking was
    Oh a fluke stat.

Oh a fluke stat.
    People can make stats mean whatever they want, thus, stats need to be put in some kind of context. For instance, Ehlinger was the second leading rusher (which should not happen) with only 49 net yds (6.1 av). 36 of those yds came on one play. The remaining 7 rushes were for a total of 13 yds (0.8 av); not exactly impressive in context.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    People can make stats mean whatever they want, thus, stats need to be put in some kind of context. For instance, Ehlinger was the second leading rusher (which should not happen) with only 49 net yds (6.1 av). 36 of those yds came on one play. The remaining 7 rushes were for a total of 13 yds (0.8 av); not exactly impressive in context.
    Especially since a sack counts as a rush. It's why I stated from the get go "running backs".

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Especially since a sack counts as a rush. It's why I stated from the get go "running backs".
    here bruh this will help u

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    here bruh this will help u
    Oh a 20 video of nothing but bad plays

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Oh a 20 video of nothing but bad plays
    first 40 seconds literally shows the oline missing on every block of the first possession run&pass

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    first 40 seconds literally shows the oline missing on every block of the first possession run&pass
    The video is literally led "every bad play"

Ironic that a red raider defending horns against an aggie. Lol.

Crazy addiction. I think the sport is rigged, yet cannot stop watching it !

oh well, I guess it is what it is.

Thread Information