Page 130 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4810
    I don’t think CDC will hire urban, but if Herman can’t win with senior quarterback, he’s not going to win. Barring a miracle, this season is going to be a huge disappointment. Change needs to be made

I don’t think CDC will hire urban, but if Herman can’t win with senior quarterback, he’s not going to win. Barring a miracle, this season is going to be a huge disappointment. Change needs to be made
    agree 100%... but not just a senior QB; a FOUR year starting QB in Herman's system.

something to think about: I highly doubt Ehlinger is going to make it in the NFL; maybe if he hangs around for 7-8 yrs he'll get a shot. If that is anywhere close to being true, Ehlinger might as well come back again next year (if this COVID year is written off as a free year by NCAA) and rewrite the Longhorn QB record book. I wouldnt like it as a fan but that would be something I would think about if I were him.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tell this to the NCAA
    The NCAA is somewhat parallel to the UIL in Texas and the Commissioner and crew in the NFL. But...
    Without the total backing of the big football schools and conferences. Big schools and individuals have challenged the NCAA in various ways and have done so with success. These challenges have resulted in no real teeth for the NCAA. So the NCAA big wigs sit there and make a ton of money and do not do a whole of a lot more now. They do very little policing of their own policy and rely on schools; laugher... Like the schools are not going to try to take advantage in recruiting and other rules for individual benefit...

If the Power 5 and their school presidents and ADs gave the NCAA powers that could hold up in court and all the schools respected those decisions it could theoretically work. Right now the schools tattle on each other and then the press gets involved and decisions are made willy nilly to appease the bigger schools that cry hard enough and threaten, and the outcome does not necessarily benefit the game. So the NCAA has become a parasitic bureaucratic body. Thank the schools and conference alliances and boosters who ultimately want what is best for THEIR INDIVIDUAL SCHOOL, but pretend like the NCAA is some sort of great arbiter and organizer when it suits them.

If the power 5 "breaks away" again, its going to have some sort of governing body to align some sort of agreement concerning rules. Good luck with that and the fat social contract with TV money and individuals making money off of social prominence. Really, can you see what kind of organizing body takes the place of the NCAA for the big 5?

So when you state "tell this to the NCAA" , it ultimately means tell this to the big football schools and conferences and boosters. They created a now pretend organizing rule making parasitic body who gets its $ and tries not to interfere with the powerful while doing so.

Lets Stop affiliating this game with schools, just do semi pro ball. That wont work because the school's name, fans and boosters are huge $ platform to work on.

Aside:
    So here we are. Greed and self pride. Like Alabama or UT or Notre Dame and on... would ever get the death penalty through the NCAA now.
    Its basically, what can we get away with? Urban knows that game well. In addition to being a tremendous coach. A deadly combination imo.
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-15-2020 at 06:06 PM.

agree 100%... but not just a senior QB; a FOUR year starting QB in Herman's system.

something to think about: I highly doubt Ehlinger is going to make it in the NFL; maybe if he hangs around for 7-8 yrs he'll get a shot. If that is anywhere close to being true, Ehlinger might as well come back again next year (if this COVID year is written off as a free year by NCAA) and rewrite the Longhorn QB record book. I wouldnt like it as a fan but that would be something I would think about if I were him.
    That would not be fair for the QBS in waiting Nd one of them might be better than Sam. Better passer any way.

That would not be fair for the QBS in waiting Nd one of them might be better than Sam. Better passer any way.
    I agree. I'm ready to see what Thompson, Card and JQJ can do, and even this year.

This season is already a huge disappointment. Just saying.

Re-watched the game, Sam did everything he could in the final 3 minutes.

I think the issue is playcalling on offense. We seem to be very "vanilla" (no racial undertones there) for too often/much during the game. Very sad bc I believe the talent is there.

Besides play calling the other main issue is the line. They don't seem powerful AT ALL. THEY don't not make a push at all. it looks like the backs are told to find holes from what the DEFENSE is giving them compared to what their OLINE gives them.

I don't think the locker room is divided, I think our coaches are. Texas is. The only continuity that I see is we lull ourselves to sleep watching our offense get "3 n outs" and our defense not stop anybody

I wonder if Tom s still calling most of the plays. Offense looks more like last years than what was ran at Okie St.

I’d be surprised if Jurcich stayed the season if Herman was still calling the plays. I think the problems are more a lack of the type of explosive players needed to run the Jurcich offense. Even Sam as much as I respect him isn’t a quick twitch athlete. Might be different with Thompson, Card, or JQJ. Just a guess.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2022 Offer OL Neto Umeozulu (Allen, TX)

https://247sports.com/Player/Neto-Umeozulu-46102211/

He needs to be wrapped on 20 lbs of bubble wrap

Looks like he will never reach his potential due to injuries. Shame.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    not sure who is more injury prone....

whittington or sterns.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2022 OL George Fitzpatrick (Cherry Creek, CO)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2023 OL Zay Robinson (Arlington Lamar)

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Robinson-46109841/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    not sure who is more injury prone....

whittington or sterns.
    sterns was never injury prone in high school but he sure has missed a lot of games due to injury since. too bad because i think it has limited his growth. after a stellar freshman year, he hasn't really jumped to that next level.

Thread Information