Page 132 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 4810
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another reason forUrban
    F that.

I can't remember the last QB I've seen in high school that threw the ball so well. He is just a junior...

Not even the film on Chris Simms looked as good. This kid makes a 60 yard pass look effortless.
    Maybe Dandy Don but hard to remember that sr back.

You donot think Urban would keep Ewers commited?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You donot think Urban would keep Ewers commited?
    Of course he would. Dude just doesn’t want Urb to coach Texas. And that’s fair.

Thanks for clarification Alles clar.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    after I have ragged Aggie friends endlessly about their more than questionable coaching choices in order to win. Even if he comes in for just two years and sets us straight like he did at Ohio State I would become a gigantic hypocrite.

it’s also interesting to see how much torture I can take with these completely inconsistent football teams. One of the most difficult things as a fan is to root for a team that has no excuses for doing well and performs poorly.

there Has to be another coach besides this lying cheater

and I believe at the heart of it is his desire for an in your face to Tom Herman. it’s never like I was a huge Herman fan especially after he kept that kid from Oklahoma who was caught bringing drugs into his high school

urban is on a different level of bad

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Underrated!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nice hit!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Roach over at 24/7 says Texas is still in the lead for LB Terrence Cooks at the moment. LB coach Hutzler has done a really good job with this recruitment.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This would be the nail in the coffin for Tom, no way a 1st year head coach with inferior recruiting talent should beat Texas this year.

Go Baylor, end our misery.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    after I have ragged Aggie friends endlessly about their more than questionable coaching choices in order to win. Even if he comes in for just two years and sets us straight like he did at Ohio State I would become a gigantic hypocrite.

it’s also interesting to see how much torture I can take with these completely inconsistent football teams. One of the most difficult things as a fan is to root for a team that has no excuses for doing well and performs poorly.

there Has to be another coach besides this lying cheater

and I believe at the heart of it is his desire for an in your face to Tom Herman. it’s never like I was a huge Herman fan especially after he kept that kid from Oklahoma who was caught bringing drugs into his high school

urban is on a different level of bad
    who would be your choice to replace Herman?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Outside of Urban, I can't think of another coach available with the skins to take over the job and demand the respect of both players and Boosters. As has been proven by our last 2 hires, this job isn't for everyone.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    who would be your choice to replace Herman?
    you tell meI don’t keep close enough tabs on the up and coming.
    ATM took SherrillJackie Fn Sherrill ... this guy was every bit as bad as Switzer.

preferably a younger coach who would last as long as Darrell Royal
    good luck for me I guess
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-24-2020 at 02:08 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And if possible it would be nice if no one would quote playblair.

I have him on ignore, the only poster I do this with.
    when he starts a thread with solicitations for looking for people who actually want their want their anuses licked... and he wants to do the licking. I don’t get how you can even keep him on this board honestly.

don’t quote the pervert .... please.
    just on this thread, I would ask you please don’t quote

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    you tell me

I don’t keep close enough tabs

ATM took Sherrill

Jackie Fn Sherrill ... this guy was every bit as bad as Switzer.
    Urban isn’t ideal, but we need to stop this moral brigade. The program has to win, otherwise what the are we doing here? He’s an excellent recruiter and an even better coach. If he wants to come here, ing hire him already. Who cares if it’s just to piss in Tom’s mouth? Tom Herman.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Urban isn’t ideal, but we need to stop this moral brigade. The program has to win, otherwise what the are we doing here? He’s an excellent recruiter and an even better coach. If he wants to come here, ing hire him already. Who cares if it’s just to piss in Tom’s mouth? Tom Herman.
    no you see that’s part of it for me.

Win at any cost won’t fly.
    my bad, that’s just the way it is.

and I will start and finish the moral brigade. I won’t take a Barry sweatshirt or a Cheryl
    I probably should not be watching the sport anymore.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    no you see that’s part of it for me.

Win at any cost won’t fly.
    my bad, that’s just the way it is.

and I will start and finish the moral brigade. I won’t take a Barry sweatshirt or a Cheryl
    I probably should not be watching the sport anymore.
    But you’re ing a chicken that Texas is already in bed with. Don’t think for a second that we didn’t habitually cross the line. And what has it gotten us? At least hire a coach who can actually coach, instead of these mid-major washouts. It’s just weird that Urban is where you cross the line.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ​g
    But you’re ing a chicken that Texas is already in bed with. Don’t think for a second that we didn’t habitually cross the line. And what has it gotten us? At least hire a coach who can actually coach, instead of these mid-major washouts. It’s just weird that Urban is where you cross the line.
    I will give you ONE thing only one.

Urban Meyer “helping” Aaron Hernandez (using the Pouncey brothers) to save a guy known to be incredibly violent BEFORE he even had killed anyone (maybe?) He used the Pouncey brothers as a come to Jesus cure and then when that did not work use various means to get Hernandez out of trouble after beating the out of various people.

Read about just this one kid who he tried to save and then tried to hide.

Then when you are familiar with this I will give you the rest of the list with this same fckn weasel BS help him be Christian Bs. And then lie to authorities to take care of it in house with the lord.

Why do I draw the line at Meyer... holy ... same lying come to Jesus keep the law away.

There IS more.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So do we cross this line?

This is why I was insistent on finding out about J. Moore and his little gun problem but found absolutely nothing, on this board anyway.
    I was wondering if Tom Herman was also falling into "I can help this kid out" like Hernandez (was helped out so well by Jesus and then lying to the law), well enough to kill other(s) and himself.

Guys just think this is about recruiting... lord... Its also about keeping kids on the field or team. Have we not had enough of this crap after Art Briles?
    Apparently not. People keep trying to hire him UNTIL they get a look at history. But Im sure Briles is reformed just like Urban.
    Good dudes now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

This is why I was insistent on finding out about J. Moore and his little gun problem but found absolutely nothing, on this board anyway.
    I was wondering if Tom Herman was also falling into "I can help this kid out" like Hernandez (was helped out so well by Jesus and then lying to the law), well enough to kill other(s) and himself.

Guys just think this is about recruiting... lord... Its also about keeping kids on the field or team. Have we not had enough of this crap after Art Briles?
    Apparently not. People keep trying to hire him UNTIL they get a look at history. But Im sure Briles is reformed just like Urban.
    Good dudes now.
    I'm not sure what to think of the Aaron Hernandez thing. Is there anyone here who would say no to hiring Bill Belicheck? He was Aaron Hernandez's coach when he killed his brother-in-law. I'm not saying Urban didn't make some bad decisions, and I'm one that thinks Urban is a bad guy who is a win at all costs person. There are lots of reasons to not want Urban at Texas even if it didn't have anything to do with Aaron Hernandez. I'm just saying, unless we catch lightning in a bottle, there isn't a guy out there we can hire who we know can turn this program around. I've come to the realization we aren't going to money whip anyone like Dabo, Saban, or Day. No one with credibility wants to come to this dumpster fire. We make a deal with the devil or roll the dice. Sad but true.

Good dudes now.
    Art is live and doing well up the road about 60+ miles.

"Let he without sin, cast the first stone"

Truly, it is hard to find anybody that SOMEBODY doesn't have something "questionable" in their past. Urban brings a winning culture. If you don't have the AD to make sure the coaches stay in line, your administration is messed up.

I will give you ONE thing only one.
    Urban Meyer “helping” Aaron Hernandez (using the Pouncey brothers) to save a guy known to be incredibly violent BEFORE he even had killed anyone (maybe?) He used the Pouncey brothers as a come to Jesus cure and then when that did not work use various means to get Hernandez out of trouble after beating the out of various people.
    Read about just this one kid who he tried to save and then tried to hide.
    Then when you are familiar with this I will give you the rest of the list with this same fckn weasel BS help him be Christian Bs. And then lie to authorities to take care of it in house with the lord.
    Why do I draw the line at Meyer... holy ... same lying come to Jesus keep the law away.
    There IS more.
    Let me ask a couple of questions that I dont even have the answer for: Do D1 head football coaches get any mulligans with regards to screwing up with players? Are head coaches allowed to make mistakes and grow as more effective head coaches?

I'm not an urban meyer fan and never have been... but... he's a winner with supposedly a medical condition who had two questionable stints as a head coach. If his players were uncontrollable at both places, then it would be a definite NO for me. however, in one place (UF) it was player control and in the other place (OSU) it was assistant coach control. In neither case was it systemic cheating that was the problem (ie, Briles, Switzer, Sherrill, etc). Meyer's OSU teams ddint seem to have the player control issues he had at UF. Did he learn as a coach? It would seem so. At OSU, however, he had an out of control assistant coach. Do I think that will happen again, at the next program? no, I dont. I could be wrong but I think he wants to go out as one of the best coaches in college football history as a proven winner with a clean slate, so in that regard I'm for bringing him in to right the ship
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 10-24-2020 at 11:17 PM.

Thread Information