Page 139 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 4810
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I appreciate your posts texas4ever, and everything else you do !

Burton uses a lot of words to say nothing original or insightful

Interesting to me anyway, that he blames the receivers for a lot of the problems with the offense.
    Our board consistently blames Sam. Could it be that Sam is better than we are giving him credit for ?

That's not insightful. The receivers have been a big disappointment. We are seeing the difference between Collin J. & Devin D. bailing Sam out for 3 years (along with LJH early on) and this new set of receivers that cant get separation, inconsistent hands and rarely makes an acrobatic catch to bail Sam out.
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 11-03-2020 at 04:47 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Interesting to me anyway, that he blames the receivers for a lot of the problems with the offense.
    Our board consistently blames Sam. Could it be that Sam is better than we are giving him credit for ?
    I should have added: Obviously, Ehlinger is not having a good year throwing the ball. Did he suddenly forget how to do that in his senior year? no, of course not; he's actually gotten better in a couple of aspects of the QB skill set. The revelation should be that he never was a particularly good passer.... but people didnt care. Pollyanna fan(atic)s tend to overlook the obvious because they want to be on the bandwagon that goes down the yellow brick road to the fandom mountaintop.

And if WRS get open deep Sam misses them.

And, not to pile on (well, I guess i am)... but how little confidence do you have in your receivers when in a critical third down situation, with the game on the line, you throw a deep sideline jump ball to a short TE that cant get separation or cant jump? If they were going to do that, why not use the more athletic Epps or Wiley?
    If they had a go-to receiver or two, I dont see how Brewer is put in that situation

Yeah Cade should be blocking, but Wiley should be getting the routes. Damn if he isn't a great route runner, he's wide the open most of the time. Just throw him the damn ball

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sam has lead some very big comebacks and he is not getting blocking.
    He has be very inconsistent passing though, but some of the stuff is horrible route running.
    We would have won 1 game without Sam imo. In college, the ability to convert on 3rd and 4th down via the threat of a run is huge. Sam CAN get that done without speed. He is very, very good a slight deeks while moving forward and breaking arms that result from subtle moves. But he MUST be moving forward. An oline with the middle 3 actually getting blocks would be extraordinarily helpful, its not there.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    We win out, we end up 8-2, with both losses being in OT. It seems like every week, they end up in OT....

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2...J9SEIKswCSlEVg
    New Oklahoma commit blasts Longhorns' coaching staff

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2...J9SEIKswCSlEVg
    New Oklahoma commit blasts Longhorns' coaching staff
    Did not see anything in his interview that blasted longhorns coaching staff. That le is an example of fake news

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It makes perfect sense.
    CDC was hired to fix something that is clearly broken.
    He gave Herman his chance.
    All of us see that even when we win there are so many problems to be fixed that its insurmountable that we win a bunch of tough games.
    We can stay compe ive against any team in conf, but we cant put anyone away because of lack of discipline, fundamentals, and thus consistency.

I have a feeling we will get hit hard in one of these conference games with a lopsided score and thats it. We can get worse.

I have no idea whether it is legit or not but I dont like the way it was written.

"sloppy thirds?" -- Stupid comment. Is Saban 'Bama's sloppy seconds? does anyone really care? no. results matter

"huge strain in the Herman/CDC relationship...obviously stems from CDC wanting to fire his ass and hire Urban" -- again, not accurate. Herman is not CDC's guy and the "strained relationship" stems from Herman's arrogance and disregard for leadership & guidance on top of not winning enough while conducting himself in a sop ric fashion (flipping off cameras, mocking an opposing player, etc) embarrassing the administration & boosters. And, then to top of all this, his recent disregard for CDC's guidance in abiding by and respecting the school song (EoT). If CDC is reaching out, it is due to things Herman has done and not just a sudden inquiry out of the blue.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information