Page 152 of 193 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 4810
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If by “pretty sure” you mean “completely wrong and pulling numbers out of your ass” then yeah.

https://crescentcitysports.com/size-...nemen-of-2020/

And Texas has a top 10 recruiting class every year. The talent is there.
    Stipulate that o-line size for UT is up there. I-line talent is not.
    I would be interested if d-line is. UT d-line big guys are short and slow while Bama has some monsters. Bama backs, backers and receivers are faster for sure. Anyway that’s what I think. Peace.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I doubt if Texas has a player that could start for OU little on Alabama.Maybe one OL but would be close.

Texas has talent just not that kind.
    being able to start on other teams isnt an indicator of whether they are recruiting talented players or not

its reflective of the crappy development of the players

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    IT:

A high-ranking University of Texas official on the current state of Texas’ approach to Urban Meyer:

“It is all up to Urban at this point.”

When it comes to nondevelopement of players only OL and WR comes to mind.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why then do Texas DBs seem to always be a step away/slow/behind

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Keaontay Ingram on his way out

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    When it comes to nondevelopement of players only OL and WR comes to mind.
    then how do you explain the regression of sterns and foster?

or the fact that sam has basically made no improvements since he was a sop re?

the constant issues among the entire team with miscommunications, poor tackling, and penalties?

keontays inability to hold onto a ball?

or the fact that kris boyd who was absolute trash, was the best CB they have had in years, despite plenty of 4 and 5 star recruits, even since he was here?

fact is herman has done an abysmal job of player development despite having a top 10 ranked class each year except his first. he has more than enough talent to have competed for more than just ONE opportunity to play for a conference championship

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A few thought.

On the Ingram situation. His biggest issue as I see it is between his ears. Ever since he dropped that pass in the endzone against LSU he has doubted himself. Nothing wrong with his ability or development, he needs a sports psychologist to help him work out his issue and he will be back to being a very productive player. Also keep in mind, I am starting to see some improvement on defense with our DBs, but they are a work in progress because they have barely gotten to know our DB coaches.

I don't know what to say about our oline coaching except when I spoke with some Auburn fans after Texas hired Hand, all they said was he is your problem now. They were happy to see him go. At the time, I thought it was sour grapes, but now I see why they thought this. He can't recruit, he can't develop, and he has no idea how to adjust the blocking to stop what the defense is doing. Joke is on us.

Every level of this team reeks of lack of development. The fact that there is no punishment for on the field mistakes adds to this problem. Every player needs to be punished if they commit a foul in a game, fumble a ball, drop a pass or throw an Int. This is part of taking responsibility for your actions. When players are held responsible, they will improve their concentration and improve their performance. Players will give their coach exactly what is expected of them; this is a fact.

Herman was not ready for this job, that is why he failed, he is trying to teach boys to be men, but he continues to act just as juvanile. Kids can't teach other kids how to be something they are not. One day Tom Herman will grow up and when he does, he will be a great coach, until then he will be the one holding himsel back.

As far as Texas goes, there is plenty of talent here, just not leadership and accountability. This is why UM is so badly needed, we not only need a great coach, but we need someone that everyone in the program can follow into battle.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bama's best WR this year is from Texas
    And so is Ohio State’s. Both recruitments that could’ve ours.

And so is Ohio State’s. Both recruitments that could’ve ours.
    And the Brock brothers and Ewers and on and on and on

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bobby Burton Friday:

Despite reports out of Columbus from Kirk Barton, a former player of Urban Meyer, that Meyer is not taking the Texas head coaching position, I have no new reliable news on the Urban Meyer front as it relates to Texas as of 6:50 this morning.

The last I have heard from an unimpeachable Texas source is what I shared with the board yesterday afternoon. “It is all up to Urban at this point,” is the last text I have received on the matter.

It should be noted that unlike from the Texas point of view, I do not have an unimpeachable source from the Meyer camp.

I need to share that point with the community here. I am likely to be made aware of any decision that is communicated to Texas and will share it here as soon as I get it.

How any news will become official or public is out of any person’s control, except perhaps Meyer himself.

So we wait.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    11:30 update Burton:

According to a high-ranking University of Texas official, the Longhorns continue to wait for a response from three-time national champion Urban Meyer about the possibility of becoming the next Texas football coach.

Rumors have run rampant, whether it is the potential dollar amount of a contract or who Meyer has met with from Texas, yet the coach has not given a final response to Texas brass as of Friday at 10:30 am.

In the discussions, Meyer has made clear to Texas that money will not be the ultimate deciding factor. Rather, it is primarily about the hard-charging Meyer deciding if he wants to “return to the grind” that made him so successful on the sidelines.

It is also important to note that the courting of Meyer is being handled by Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte and his staff, with the full support and oversight of Texas president Jay Hartzell and Texas board of regents chairman Kevin Eltife. No big money donors are directly in contact with Meyer, instead they are backing the efforts of Del Conte, Hartzell and Eltife.

As for an expected timeline for a response from Meyer, there is some hope it would come not later than Sunday but even that is not a definitive deadline, as the Horns have their sights on Meyer. Meyer will be given the time he needs to make a decision.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    11:30 update Burton:

According to a high-ranking University of Texas official, the Longhorns continue to wait for a response from three-time national champion Urban Meyer about the possibility of becoming the next Texas football coach.

Rumors have run rampant, whether it is the potential dollar amount of a contract or who Meyer has met with from Texas, yet the coach has not given a final response to Texas brass as of Friday at 10:30 am.

In the discussions, Meyer has made clear to Texas that money will not be the ultimate deciding factor. Rather, it is primarily about the hard-charging Meyer deciding if he wants to “return to the grind” that made him so successful on the sidelines.

It is also important to note that the courting of Meyer is being handled by Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte and his staff, with the full support and oversight of Texas president Jay Hartzell and Texas board of regents chairman Kevin Eltife. No big money donors are directly in contact with Meyer, instead they are backing the efforts of Del Conte, Hartzell and Eltife.

As for an expected timeline for a response from Meyer, there is some hope it would come not later than Sunday but even that is not a definitive deadline, as the Horns have their sights on Meyer. Meyer will be given the time he needs to make a decision.
    thanks!

I would suppose if Herman gets the boot on Sunday, Urban is probably in the fold.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Roach saying Jatavion Sanders will sign early and with us

He is a great young man and a stud on the field.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I would suppose if Herman gets the boot on Sunday, Urban is probably in the fold.
    I would think so, regardless if there is a Kansas game or not. We will probably start to hear something Saturday I bet as things start to leak out one way or the other. Early signing day is pushing the timeline on everything.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think there's agreement already. Just waiting for after this game so that Herman is given the ax properly and then Meyer can be introduced after a proper amount of time to mourn. About 12 hrs.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Could be as much as 18 hrs.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Post Count
    NASTY

This young man could be a GREAT tight end or a GREAT defensive end. It will be interesting to see what his future holds

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information