Page 154 of 193 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4810
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods is saying Urban has not given an answer and there is no bad news to report, but things are starting to get a little more nerve-racking as we wait.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Ketch’s update just seemed to reiterate what Nahlin posted. Suchomel commented in the Ketch thread that the chatter he’s heard today about UM taking the job has been negative for the most part.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So, we suck again?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So, we suck again?
    When did we stop sucking?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    When did we stop sucking?
    In my fantasy world where for one second I allowed myself to believe we would not this up.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Haha... Chip Brown.

Nobody knows shieeet. If there’s one thing we’ve learned from CDC and new administration, leaks aren’t a thing. Ship is air tight. Gotta be patient over these next several days/weeks.

But in the meantime, keep pumping up those proposed salary numbers. Total package so sweet that no is not conscionable. Throw the kitchen sink and then some.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count

Not sure that is a bad thing anyway. He had a ton of baggage. How about we make a play for the Iowa state coach.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well, back to the drawing board.

Still gotta find a coach, time for CDC to earn that salary, I have faith in him, he has been nails with other hires hopefully he will come through again. In the mean time, look for a mass exodist of players from the 2017 class any anyone with any talent is going to dump this show.

If they don't get Urban I could see them giving Tom Herman another year. $25M is still $25M and a lot of money to throw down the drain if you don't get a coach you know is going to turn the program around.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    One more year of Herman.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What is the buyout next year after Dec 1st? I believe it is lower after Dec 1st.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    One more year of Herman.

I don't think that decision has been made yet.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If they don't get Urban I could see them giving Tom Herman another year. $25M is still $25M and a lot of money to throw down the drain if you don't get a coach you know is going to turn the program around.
    This is the very difficult part.
    Aggie thinks they have it made because Jimbo has a skin on the wall and they have had a very good year in a super weak conference besides Bama. (not unexpected in any conference with this virus). Watch what happens there, there will be no natty. Our path in our current conference is much easier. But it will not happen anytime soon. We should have been in the playoffs this * year with our good record with Covid and Senior QB.

But we are not. The expectations of Herman having to win the conference was pretty obvious and now VERY obvious. Look how we lost. Every game we have played could have been easily won with a bit of consistency. The only game we played a full game on Offense and Defense was UTEP. Thats just unacceptable.

If Herman does go, any chance any of the O or D coordinator staying? Any scuttlebutt on how they actually did a good job despite Herman's leadership?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If the plan was “Go after Urban, and if that doesn’t work, just stick with Herman and assume he’ll be fine with it” then Texas may be the dumbest program in the country.
    Or immediately buy into another 4 years of Herman like quality?

Its not that easy. You cant just walk into Austin an expect players to come. Texas is raided of its best by top programs like BlowU, Bama and Ohio st. consistently because they are stable and consistently good. Too many years of mediocrity.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If the plan was “Go after Urban, and if that doesn’t work, just stick with Herman and assume he’ll be fine with it” then Texas may be the dumbest program in the country.
    He’s more than welcome to quit.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Aggie thinks they have it made because Jimbo has a skin on the wall and they have had a very good year in a super weak conference besides Bama. (not unexpected in any conference with this virus). Watch what happens there, there will be no natty. Our path in our current conference is much easier. But it will not happen anytime soon. We should have been in the playoffs this * year with our good record with Covid and Senior QB.

But we are not. The expectations of Herman having to win the conference was pretty obvious and now VERY obvious. Look how we lost. Every game we have played could have been easily won with a bit of consistency. The only game we played a full game on Offense and Defense was UTEP. Thats just unacceptable.

If Herman does go, any chance any of the O or D coordinator staying? Any scuttlebutt on how they actually did a good job despite Herman's leadership?
    i'm not so sure that aggy fans think they have anything made; the perception i get from other fans is that there is progress being made in regards to consistency and shoring up some traditional weak spots (e.g., the defensive line, size, depth and recruiting). most aggy fans i know are well aware of how much more work needs to be done if one ever has any aspirations of getting anywhere near 'bama.

The funny thing is that I thought the defense looked pretty good for most of the first half but by the end of the game KState looked like they could do just about anything they wanted. The KState defense sucked so bad it covered up a piss poor second half.

He also knows he has them by the balls because they played their hand so openly.
    I will never understand why a school like Texas feels like they need to lock coaches up after one impressive bowl win. Tom Herman was not going anywhere after Georgia in 2019. And if he did walk, most coaches would have wanted Texas after the Sugar Bowl because it looked like they were about to be on top again.

They need to let their coaches play into the last season before their contract is up and then determine whether they merit an extension.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He also knows he has them by the balls because they played their hand so openly.
    Like it can get any worse. Recruiting is already through the floor, the team consistently underachieves, and it’s not going to get better even with Urban (although the rebound would be fast as ). If Tom does anything detrimental, they’ll fire him with cause and then get out of paying him exorbitant buy out.

Thread Information