Page 166 of 193 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 4810
    My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    Man it was fun finally having a qb who can make throws down field. I know Sam is a fan favorite but the guy is inaccurate as . No way he comes back another year after seeing Thompson's performance last night.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Man it was fun finally having a qb who can make throws down field. I know Sam is a fan favorite but the guy is inaccurate as . No way he comes back another year after seeing Thompson's performance last night.
    I’ve defended Sam a lot, called him the best quarterback since Colt, appreciated his toughness and willingness to play hurt...but holy Casey just came in there looking like the second coming. I mean part of it is that Colorado probably isn’t that good but still. Sam hasn’t looked that accurate ever. Here’s to hoping that whatever coach we have next year makes it clear to Sam that Casey’s the starter no matter who is on the roster next season.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    tbh, if Sam simply had either A) a decent deep ball, or B) a quick and accurate short to medium passing game, Texas probably goes undefeated this year in the conference this year. he might actually have been a bigger problem than fans realized, simply because the QB situation has been so bad since Colt left. we've complained how badly the talent here has underperformed. maybe sam actually is a big reason for that, since defenses frequently key in on the run game and leave outside corners 1-on-1. the only receivers to shine were guys like duvernay and LJ, guys who could bail him out of bad throws. guys like Colin, Eagles and others have underperformed due to his trash deep ball

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sam maybe have been hurt shoulder longer than let on.
    Also his leadership and never give up-hopefully Thompson got some of that

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    I’ve defended Sam a lot, called him the best quarterback since Colt, appreciated his toughness and willingness to play hurt...but holy Casey just came in there looking like the second coming. I mean part of it is that Colorado probably isn’t that good but still. Sam hasn’t looked that accurate ever. Here’s to hoping that whatever coach we have next year makes it clear to Sam that Casey’s the starter no matter who is on the roster next season.

Yea man I like Sam too but he isn't a QB. I'm curious if UT should have kept Shane B and let Sam transfer or play a Taysom Hill type role in the offense.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    not so sure what will happen with the UT quarterback scenario but that CU quarterback was god awful.

not so sure what will happen with the UT quarterback scenario but that CU quarterback was god awful.
    Yep. He made our defense look good (mostly)

Yep. He made our defense look good (mostly)
    And our defense has been our biggest problem, by far.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't know that I would hold the coach responsible for the death in an accident. He is responsible for holding football practice not for the safety of the staff. If a kid died because he was run over by a golf cart driven by another staff member would it also be the football coaches fault? If I had to blame someone it would be the media coordinator who put the kid up in the tower or the person who built the tower that was blown over. They are both probably more to blame than the football coach.

I would also only blame Brian Kelly for the cheating scandle if he specifically told the manager to help the athletes to cheat. Sometimes we need to accept personal responsibility for our actions and quit acting like it's always the person in charge fault.

I wouldn't even consider those two things when looking at Kelly as a possible replacement for Herman.

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't know that I would hold the coach responsible for the death in an accident. He is responsible for holding football practice not for the safety of the staff. ....
    The story, as I understand it, was that he took his team off the practice field during a thunderstorm, then stopped to tell the kid to climb up his coaching tower and retrieve something of his. It is just one small example but people who follow him closely say it is consistent with his general behavior.

I don’t understand why Kelley would leave Notre Dame to come here. Surely they have the money to retain a coach. He already has an established program there. He would be jumping into a tough scenario here. Texas head coach is NOT an easy job.

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don’t understand why Kelley would leave Notre Dame to come here. Surely they have the money to retain a coach. He already has an established program there. He would be jumping into a tough scenario here. Texas head coach is NOT an easy job.
    It's a long shot. Kelly only makes 1.8 million as I'm told. Texas is looking to triple his salary to see if they can convince him to come. I think he is just looking to squeeze a little more juice out of Notre Dame but you never know.

Kelly no his OL coach yes.

Seems like Groundhog Day with Herman. Future looks good as usual with his bowl win. Reality will come when we lose to OU next year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Seems like Groundhog Day with Herman. Future looks good as usual with his bowl win. Reality will come when we lose to OU next year.
    Herman won't be back.

Herman won't be back.
    Hopefully he won't be back

IMO, Texas is an easier job than Notre Dame. I don't think that's debatable.

Post Count
    Herman won't be back.
    I think he’s coming back. We will see who is wrong about that.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think he is too, unless some coach comes out of the woodwork that pleases recruits, current team, and the hard-core paying alumni.

I think there might be some faith in our new coordinators that holdS this together. and if we win the conference... I don’t even wanna think about it, it’s a mess of mixed emotions.

all I ask for is consistency throughout a game. even in the bowl game where we absolutely crushed Georgia, we gave them two touchdowns due to celebration and lack of discipline late in the game
    Last edited by pgardn; 01-01-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Ok, since you think he stays, where would you rank him as a coach in our conference?

OU coach has to be ranked higher, probably Iowa St. coach too.

OK st. ? TCU ?

Im not for making a change unless it improves us, but having 3rd or less ranked coach in the conference is not good

Herman is 1-3 against Patterson. So he is definitely behind 3 for sure. I would take gundy over herman too.

Herman dropped

Post Count
    I'm here to eat crow. I wasn't expecting him to be out but he is.

Thread Information