Page 2 of 193 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    This year will be boom or bust for Texas. Either we will have a great year and we will have a top 3 class or we will have a less than stellar year and our recruiting will again be less than stellar.

There is no reason for Texas to not have a great year, we have so many returning starters it is unthinkable for us to lose more than 1 or 2 games.
    People talk a lot about how prospects and players develop from year-to-year, but there is very little mention of coaches improving their skills. When we look back at the disappointing loses during the Tom Herman era, one of TH's weaknesses has been having the team ready to play at kickoff. The slow starts have really been disappointing.

Texas has the talent and potential to go 10-2 next season, but to do so, the Horns are going to have to see clear growth by TH as a head coach.

The defense needs to work on tackling fundamentals as much as learning the new scheme. On offense, the team should be in good shape as long as they develop consistency and execute. Special teams is an area needing a lot of work. The team leadership (coaching and administration) needs to learn quickly to maintain focus, avoid petty bull squabbles, and Tom needs to learn how to have the team ready to go at the opening kickoff.

Not falling into an early hole, improved fundamentals on defense, and improved special teams play are the three things I am going to be looking for this fall. Two of three gets the Horns two more regular season wins. All three and it will easily result in a 10-2 season.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    People talk a lot about how prospects and players develop from year-to-year, but there is very little mention of coaches improving their skills. When we look back at the disappointing loses during the Tom Herman era, one of TH's weaknesses has been having the team ready to play at kickoff. The slow starts have really been disappointing.

Texas has the talent and potential to go 10-2 next season, but to do so, the Horns are going to have to see clear growth by TH as a head coach.

The defense needs to work on tackling fundamentals as much as learning the new scheme. On offense, the team should be in good shape as long as they develop consistency and execute. Special teams is an area needing a lot of work. The team leadership (coaching and administration) needs to learn quickly to maintain focus, avoid petty bull squabbles, and Tom needs to learn how to have the team ready to go at the opening kickoff.

Not falling into an early hole, improved fundamentals on defense, and improved special teams play are the three things I am going to be looking for this fall. Two of three gets the Horns two more regular season wins. All three and it will easily result in a 10-2 season.
    Excellent take. I agree.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Tom has said that the coaches grade and evaluate each other. I guess that is not shared except when he criticizes himself.

Getting the team ready to go is painfully obvious when we receive a kickoff, get to go on offense first, and then have to burn an immediate time out? Or we take a timeout and then players are obviously confused immediately after taking the field?

Special teams, especially returns, were a disaster. We had to hope that we did not fumble or put ourselves in poor field position.

Don’t f up vs. we might run this one back... or block a punt ... big difference.

Petty squabbles basically escaped me. All I heard about was Jake Smith not being happy. I would expect kids to be disappointed, especially when they don’t play and your team looks horrible.

Calling each game a bowl game would solve these problems.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB TreVeyon Henderson (Hopewell, VA)

https://247sports.com/Player/TreVeyo...rson-46049087/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9303625/TreVeyon-Henderson

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Herman and the new coaches are scheduled to meet with the media today at 2 PM. I'm not sure if this is going to be televised or not, but if I run across a recap I'll post it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Herman and the new coaches are scheduled to meet with the media today at 2 PM. I'm not sure if this is going to be televised or not, but if I run across a recap I'll post it.
    There is possibly a stream somewhere.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    S Cisco Caston of Weatherford received a Florida offer today.

The staff brought him to Austin at the end of January for a visit, but no offer yet.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cisco-Caston-46097683/
    Baylor offered today.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tech got a commitment from WR Jerand Bradley of Plano John Paul II last night.

Carrington has been following for a while, but no offer for him.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jerand-Bradley-46059409/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns