Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

https://247sports.com/Player/Terrion-Arnold-46084286/
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5146110...d9da0dfc12e865

Inside Texas has the following as the most likely OL for 2020:

Cosmi - Angilau - Kerstetter - Okafor - C. Jones
    Hope they all stay healthy as OL room is getting thin.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ouch.

Todd Orlando claims low blow.

The offensive and defensive coaches both got fired. But Duvernay played great and Roach didn’t. So why did Roach not play as well as duvernay? Because Dev Duv is better. Plus, our secondary was a mash unit.

I’m sure NFL scouts are going to love a guy who didn’t play great who blamed the scheme.

If Roach is all that and a biscuit then let’s see his measurables at combine/pro day. If he has a crappy 40 time or bench press is that the coaches fault too?

The offensive and defensive coaches both got fired. But Duvernay played great and Roach didn’t. So why did Roach not play as well as duvernay? Because Dev Duv is better. Plus, our secondary was a mash unit.

I’m sure NFL scouts are going to love a guy who didn’t play great who blamed the scheme.

If Roach is all that and a biscuit then let’s see his measurables at combine/pro day. If he has a crappy 40 time or bench press is that the coaches fault too?
    Ehhhh...To be fair to Roach, despite UT's struggles on offense at some points this past season, UT's offense was still a top 20 offense in the nation. Which is why Herman ended up hiring an OC that was going to run (& elevate) Herman's offense instead of hiring an OC that was going to install completely new offensive system. Meanwhile not only was UT's defense 1 of the worst in the entire nation, stat-wise it was the worst UT defense in the history of the program. If UT's defense had performed the way the offense did, Todd Orlando would not have been fired. So there is merrit to Malcolm Roach's excuse.

Poona Ford and Omenihu played great for us and didnt cry about the same coaches Roach has had for 4 years.

How many times did Roach make the all conference team? In a conference outsiders say plays crappy D!

When we have a bunch of ballers who take personal responsibility for the fact they can’t beat the lineman in front of them then we are going to be good again. Quit crying and work on your swim move. Quit crying and get in the film room. Quit crying and hit the weights.

Great players make great coaches. Colt McCoys offensive coordinator was Greg Davis. Blaylock and Scott’s oline coach was Mac mcWhorter. D Thomas and Scaifes TE coach was Brewster

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hope they all stay healthy as OL room is getting thin.
    Actually our depth is better right now than it's been in the last 10 years.

We have 11 scholarship linemen on campus and 4 incoming freshmen. Texas will lose about 3 next year but they will bring in about 6.

The ideal number of scholarship linemen is 18, minimum is 16. Texas has 9 guys right now I feel like they can count on for playing time.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Roach couldn't even live up to his own name.....as one of the ultimate pests this world has seen...he is more like a roly poly.

Actually our depth is better right now than it's been in the last 10 years.

We have 11 scholarship linemen on campus and 4 incoming freshmen. Texas will lose about 3 next year but they will bring in about 6.

The ideal number of scholarship linemen is 18, minimum is 16. Texas has 9 guys right now I feel like they can count on for playing time.
    Agree 100 percent on 18 being ideal but there is only 15 reason for me saying OL roon is thin. maybe they will take six and bring numbers up. Plenty of OL available this year just reel them in.

It was impossible for anyone to watch the UT defense play last year and not notice problems such as poor tackling fundamentals. Any 3* or above athlete should understand how to demonstrate proper tackling fundamentalsk if he gets recruited to play at a school the caliber of The University of Texas.

That basic fundamentals were absent from the UT defense for an entire season pretty much lies directly on the coaching staff. NFL scouts are sharp enough to figure out that if a coach can't get his 3*, 4*, and 5* players to execute high school JV concepts, the players probably aren't to blame.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Agree 100 percent on 18 being ideal but there is only 15 reason for me saying OL roon is thin. maybe they will take six and bring numbers up. Plenty of OL available this year just reel them in.
    2 grad transfers
    4 sr
    4 jr
    4 so
    4 fr/red shirt

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    So we hire a DB coach to be an offensive analyst, makes sense. He can give a defense-minded perspective to the offensive coaches.

Is Corby Meekins a big loss?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2 grad transfers
    4 sr
    4 jr
    4 so
    4 fr/red shirt
    As of now we have 84 scholarships, and we are in despirate need of another DE. I'm guessing we lose 2 or 3 guys after spring ball. But by then there might now be anyone available that can help us.

I think we are 9 deep this year with Cosmi, Angilau, Kerstetter, Okafor, C Jones, R Ghirmai, Hookfin, T Johnson, and Moore. That is a pretty good rotation group. It means we can redshirt our freshmen unless one of them is really special, but it also means we don't necessarily need a GT as long as we aren't killed by injuries as in years past.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    As of now we have 84 scholarships, and we are in despirate need of another DE. I'm guessing we lose 2 or 3 guys after spring ball. But by then there might now be anyone available that can help us.

I think we are 9 deep this year with Cosmi, Angilau, Kerstetter, Okafor, C Jones, R Ghirmai, Hookfin, T Johnson, and Moore. That is a pretty good rotation group. It means we can redshirt our freshmen unless one of them is really special, but it also means we don't necessarily need a GT as long as we aren't killed by injuries as in years past.
    Someone said 18 is ideal, so I was breaking down how we provably want that 18 to look year in and year out.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I know this is a football thread, but damn Shaka has to go. We can't beat, even compete with elite programs, and losing programs are slapping us all over the court too. I am done with his tenure. He can go back to killing it at the mid major level, just get the F out of Austin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I know this is a football thread, but damn Shaka has to go. We can't beat, even compete with elite programs, and losing programs are slapping us all over the court too. I am done with his tenure. He can go back to killing it at the mid major level, just get the F out of Austin.
    3 years ago the players were saying they were lost, and today they still look lost

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information