Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TE Thomas Fidone (Council Bluffs, IA)

https://247sports.com/Player/Thomas-Fidone-46086515/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11234829/Thomas-Fidone-II

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Herman has two years and he is gone. Hope he makes them two good years.

How can you be a Longhorn fan and send your athletic kids to bama, l$u, aggy, or oU when they could get a scholarship to UT?

If my kid was offered a scholarship to be a longhorn band member, athlete, whatever, they would be going to UT. The only exception would be like Walker Little getting a full ride to Stanford or my kid getting a free edu at Harvard.

I just don't understand how Brockermeyer is letting his kids go to Bama if that is how it winds up. How uncomfortable will he be if he goes to a UT home game, sits by the Alumni and everyone knows his kids spurned UT for Bama? These decisions are going to be the difference between being bowl bound and playoff bound.

Cosmi and Connor Williams prove our linemen can get drafted high. I realize this has been rare but if 2 three stars can make so can two 5*s.

It's even weirder that one of Brock's kids is already at UT. Maybe the kid that is there is telling daddy that Herman is a bad coach. But he's probably the third best coach we have had since Royal left in 1976. 1) Mack, 2) Akers, 3) Herman? 4) Mackovic, 5) D. McWillams 6) Strong. Amirite?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Herman has two years and he is gone. Hope he makes them two good years.
    Maybe we'll do a poll at the beginning of the season for fun and to see who ends up being right.

At the end of last year, I thought failing to make the conference game in 2020 would be Herman's downfall.

Now I question whether COVID-19 bought Herman an extra year no matter what happens in 2020.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How can you be a Longhorn fan and send your athletic kids to bama, l$u, aggy, or oU when they could get a scholarship to UT?

If my kid was offered a scholarship to be a longhorn band member, athlete, whatever, they would be going to UT. The only exception would be like Walker Little getting a full ride to Stanford or my kid getting a free edu at Harvard.

I just don't understand how Brockermeyer is letting his kids go to Bama if that is how it winds up. How uncomfortable will he be if he goes to a UT home game, sits by the Alumni and everyone knows his kids spurned UT for Bama? These decisions are going to be the difference between being bowl bound and playoff bound.

Cosmi and Connor Williams prove our linemen can get drafted high. I realize this has been rare but if 2 three stars can make so can two 5*s.

It's even weirder that one of Brock's kids is already at UT. Maybe the kid that is there is telling daddy that Herman is a bad coach. But he's probably the third best coach we have had since Royal left in 1976. 1) Mack, 2) Akers, 3) Herman? 4) Mackovic, 5) D. McWillams 6) Strong. Amirite?
    As a parent, I wouldn't force my kid to go somewhere just because I went there, but that is just me I guess.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Maybe we'll do a poll at the beginning of the season for fun and to see who ends up being right.

At the end of last year, I thought failing to make the conference game in 2020 would be Herman's downfall.

Now I question whether COVID-19 bought Herman an extra year no matter what happens in 2020.
    I feel pretty confident that the turnover in the assistants have given Herman a 2 year window to win the conference. If he can average 10 wins and at least one trip to the conference championship I think he will get an extra year. My guess is he is a dead man walking.

I have maintained this one stance, if he can't get it done this year then he isn't going to get it done.

As a parent, I wouldn't force my kid to go somewhere just because I went there, but that is just me I guess.
    I agree with you as follows. I wouldn't force my kid to go to TCU or University of Colorado if I went there. But I would make my kid go to UT if he had a full academic ride there even if I wasn't an alum.

It's almost impossible to beat UT's combo of sports, academics, lifestyle. Plus, if your parents are lifelong fans and the kid grew up as a fan?!?

USC would be similar. Same with Michigan and Stanford.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I feel pretty confident that the turnover in the assistants have given Herman a 2 year window to win the conference. If he can average 10 wins and at least one trip to the conference championship I think he will get an extra year. My guess is he is a dead man walking.

I have maintained this one stance, if he can't get it done this year then he isn't going to get it done.
    One other thing in the back of my mind is the new stadium upgrades being unveiled in 2021.

How is Del Conte going to be able to create any excitement whatsoever by retaining Herman if he can't win big with a senior Ehlinger in 2020?

Just things I think about, but we could have our final answer on Herman post OU.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    One other thing in the back of my mind is the new stadium upgrades being unveiled in 2021.

How is Del Conte going to be able to create any excitement whatsoever by retaining Herman if he can't win big with a senior Ehlinger in 2020?

Just things I think about, but we could have our final answer on Herman post OU.

Ouch, that is something I didn't take into account. You have a good point there.

How many conference les did Mack win in his 18 years? IMO number thre would be better.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I've said from the very beginning (and told CDC via twitter) that I think the glass cathedral (SEZ) will end up being a joke across the nation. The offices and player experience will obviously be better, however, that could have been done in a more reasonable manner. I dont see how this current design will help with fan experience and home field advantage. Supposedly, it wont increase the stadium size. It's not going to make the stadium noisier because the SEZ will not be enclosed and will have a lot of dead space. How does putting fans behind a glass wall help home field advantage? it doesnt. The only plus with the glass wall is that it might take some of the blue-hairs, who dont yell anyway, out of the stands and puts them behind a glass wall. There are already questions about the fans in the corners possibly not being able to see the jumbotron. This thing could easily backfire in an aggy-ish kind of way.

Stating the obvious, the only thing that likely saves any of this is 10+ win season and conference championship . Way TOO much negative recruiting out there right now.
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 06-10-2020 at 08:48 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2022 S Dasan McCullough (Overland Park, KS)

https://247sports.com/Player/Dasan-McCullough-46059433/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2022 WR Kaden Saunders (Westerville, OH)

https://247sports.com/Player/Kaden-Saunders-46081196/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11296997/Kaden-Saunders

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From the offer board...

WR Bryson Green and WR Blaine Green of Allen have committed to OK State.

https://247sports.com/Player/Bryson-Green-46051275/

https://247sports.com/Player/Blaine-Green-46051273/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I totally forgot to do this, but hope it helps everyone get through the summer.

Days Until College Football (first day is August 29th)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2022 WR Talyn Shettron (Edmond, OK)

https://247sports.com/Player/Talyn-Shettron-46084989/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11519535/Talyn-Shettron