Page 9 of 193 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A few updates from 24/7 from a 7v7 tournament last week.

- ATH Julien Simon (Tacoma HS, WA.) seems real serious about visiting Texas this Spring.
    - 2022 CB/ATH Domani Jackson (Mater Dei HS, CA.) is also very interested in visiting Texas (a Summer visit seems most likely). Apparently he's close with Chris Adimora.
    - Texas has also been in contact with ATH Ceyair Wright (Loyola HS, CA.) and an offer should be coming his way soon.
    - S Xamarion Gordon (Warren HS, LA.) is another guys Texas has been touch with. Gordon is originally from Houston, so this could be an interesting development.
    - WR Marcus Burke (Trinity Christian HS, FL.) wants to make an official visit to Texas later this year.

https://247sports.com/Player/Julien-Simon-46048439/
    https://247sports.com/Player/Domani-Jackson-46057101/
    https://247sports.com/Player/Ceyair-Wright-46049127/
    https://247sports.com/Player/Xamarion-Gordon-46095008/
    https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Burke-46093917/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    On WR Kennedy Lewis...The Football Brainiacs were able to confirm his suspension is grades related and he's currently taking classes at a junior college.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Brockemeyer #2 recruit in USA and brother on campus and = legacy.

He is a must get.

Can’t make excuses for missing on in state legacy like that. Can’t blame sec$ either if he spurns Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Brockemeyer #2 recruit in USA and brother on campus and = legacy.

He is a must get.

Can’t make excuses for missing on in state legacy like that. Can’t blame sec$ either if he spurns Texas.

His dad was an All-American for Texas
    His grandfather played for Texas

If we don't get him, then we might as well pack it in because there is something seriously wrong with this program.

Maybe the Brokermeyers have a Dad that is an OL coach and he is keeping his options open and watching programs for the best fit for his sons. If Grandad is still living, he should secure this for the horns.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Maybe the Brokermeyers have a Dad that is an OL coach and he is keeping his options open and watching programs for the best fit for his sons. If Grandad is still living, he should secure this for the horns.
    Dad didn't seem very concerned when his oldest son picked walking on at Texas vs scholarship at places like Colorado.

Here is Hand's bio

Herb Hand, a veteran offensive line coach who has helped coordinate numerous dynamic offenses in his 28 years of coaching, enters his second season as co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach at Texas.

In 2018, all five starting offensive lineman garnered All-Big 12 honors, led by center Zach Shackelford’s first-team recognition (AP) and second-team honors (coaches). Calvin Anderson, Elijah Rodriguez and Patrick Vahe were honorable mention, while right tackle Samuel Cosmi received votes as the Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year and was a freshman All-American.

Hand has worked with programs that produced six conference championships in addition to three division championships. Offenses Hand has coached on have produced all-time leading rushers at three different schools including West Virginia, Tulsa and Vanderbilt.

A three-time finalist for Offensive Line Coach of the Year by Football Scoop (2008, ‘16-17), Hand was also co-coordinator for an offense that led the nation in total offense for two consecutive years (2007-08) at Tulsa, one of which is the only offense to feature a 5,000-yard passer, a 1,000-yard rusher and three 1,000 yard receivers (2007). He has also coached five Freshman All-Americans.

Hand came to Austin from Auburn, where he served the past two seasons as offensive line coach under Gus Malzahn, whom he was previously co-coordinator with at Tulsa.

While at Auburn, Hand’s offensive line was named one of three finalists for the Joe Moore Award (nation’s top offensive line) in 2017, and the unit was a semifinalist for the award in 2016. During that time, along with his time at Vanderbilt, he coached players who earned 11 SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week Awards.

In 2017, Auburn ranked in the Top 30 in the nation in total offense (26th/451.6 ypg), scoring offense (27th/33.9 ppg) and rushing offense (26th/218.3 ypg), while ranking sixth in completion percentage (.668) and 15th in third-down conversion percentage (.455).

The Tigers balanced offense was one of only five nationally to average at least 230 yards passing and 215 yards rushing per game, along with Louisville, Oklahoma, Ohio State and South Florida. Auburn’s eight 40-point games during the season set a school single-season record.

Under Hand, RG Braden Smith earned All-America honors from all NCAA-recognized outlets including a first-team nod from the Associated Press, and a second-team selection from all others (WCFF, FWAA, AFCA and Sporting News). Smith also earned the SEC’s Jacobs Blocking Trophy, as the top blocker in the conference, along with being named first-team All-SEC by both the league’s coaches and the Associated Press.

Along with Smith, LT Austin Golson was tabbed third-team All-SEC by Phil Steele. The line paved the way for RB Kerryon Johnson to rank 15th nationally in rushing yards per game (115.9) and ninth in rushing TDs (18), while being named SEC Offensive Player of the Year and second-team All-America.

In 2016, Auburn led the SEC and was sixth nationally in rushing with 271.3 yards per game. Both the scoring offense and total offense ranked in the Top 50 in the nation.

Two offensive linemen in Smith and LG Alex Kozan garnered second-team All-America honors and both were first-team All-SEC selections. Right tackle Robert Leff also took home All-SEC recognition. The offensive line was a semifinalist for the Joe Moore Award, and Hand was a finalist for Football Scoop’s Offensive Line Coach of the Year award.

The line cleared the way for RB Kamryn Pettway to lead the SEC and rank 11th in the nation in rushing yards per game (122.4 ypg). Auburn finished 2016 with an 8-5 record and an appearance in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

Hand went to Auburn after two seasons at Penn State as the run game coordinator and offensive line coach. In 2015, the unit blocked for Big Ten Freshman of the Year Saquon Barkley as he set Penn State’s freshman rushing record with 1,076 yards. In 2014, Hand’s young offensive line steadily improved and produced second-round NFL Draft pick Donovan Smith, who was chosen by Tampa Bay.

Hand coached the offensive line at Vanderbilt from 2010-13, adding run game coordinator duties in 2013. In 2013, VU’s offensive line blocked for 34 rushing touchdowns, including a school-record 14 by running back Jerron Seymour. Hand helped Wesley Johnson earn All-SEC honors in 2012 and 2013, and Johnson earned SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week four times before being selected in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Commodores’ Ryan Seymour was selected by the Seattle Seahawks in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Hand’s 2011-12 offensive lines were instrumental in Zac Stacy breaking the Vanderbilt season and career (3,143 yards) rushing records at that time.

Prior to Vanderbilt, Hand worked three years at Tulsa, serving as assistant head coach, offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. Hand helped guide Tulsa to consecutive GMAC Bowl appearances behind one of the NCAA’s most explosive spread offenses, while mentoring four Freshman All-Americans.

As Tulsa’s co-offensive coordinator, Hand coached an offensive line that paved the way for the nation’s top ranked offense in 2007 and 2008. He was a finalist for national offensive line coach of the year in 2008.

In 2007, the offense became the only offense in NCAA history to ever feature a 5,000-yard passer, a 1,000-yard rusher and three 1,000-yard receivers. Quarterback Paul Smith passed for 5,065 yards, while RB Tarrion Adams rushed for 1,225 yards, and the trio of Brennan Marion (1,244), Trae Johnson (1,088) and Charles Clay (1,024) each topped 1,000 receiving yards. As a whole, the offense led the nation with 543.9 total yards per game, was third with 371.0 passing yards per game and was sixth with 41.1 points per game.

A year later, the offense averaged 569.9 total yards per game, while ranking in the top 10 in both rushing (fifth/268.0 ypg) and passing (ninth/301.9 ypg) offense. The scoring offense ranked second with 47.2 points per game.

Hand spent six successful years at West Virginia, serving as tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator. Hand helped the Mountaineers win three Big East Conference les and go to five straight bowl games during the span, including a 38-35 victory over SEC champion Georgia in the 2006 Sugar Bowl. In 2006, West Virginia finished with an 11-2 record and had an offense that ranked second nationally in rushing, third in scoring, and fourth in total offense.

Prior to WVU, Hand served as an offensive graduate assistant at Clemson for two seasons (1999-2000), as the Tigers participated in the 1999 Peach Bowl and 2001 Gator Bowl.

Before that, he served as defensive coordinator and special teams coordinator at Concord College in West Virginia. He also was defensive coordinator at another WVIAC program, Glenville State, where he helped the Pioneers win three WVIAC Championships.

Hand earned his bachelor’s degree in history from Hamilton College in 1990, where he was a three-year starter on the offensive line for the Continentals, serving as team captain and earning All-NESCAC honors in 1989. He earned a master’s degree in business administration in 1993 from West Virginia Wesleyan while serving as a graduate assistant.

A native of Westmoreland, N.Y., Hand and his wife, Debbie, have three children, including two sons, Trey and Cade, and one daughter, Bailey.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OL Bram Walden of Scottsdale, AZ confirmed to 24/7 recently that he will visit Texas this spring.

He mentioned he's a fan of Herman and Texas has made him feel like a priority.

https://247sports.com/Player/Bram-Walden-46055225/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OL Bram Walden of Scottsdale, AZ confirmed to 24/7 recently that he will visit Texas this spring.

He mentioned he's a fan of Herman and Texas has made him feel like a priority.

https://247sports.com/Player/Bram-Walden-46055225/
    The same west coast mod that put this article out crystal balled him to Oregon shortly after so we'll see.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying the legal matter for WR Josh Moore has been resolved, and with continued good behavior, he can have the misdemeanor charge wiped from his record in six months.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to 24/7, TE Reese Leitao is expected to cross-train with the DL once spring practice starts.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying the legal matter for WR Josh Moore has been resolved, and with continued good behavior, he can have the misdemeanor charge wiped from his record in six months.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

His dad was an All-American for Texas
    His grandfather played for Texas

If we don't get him, then we might as well pack it in because there is something seriously wrong with this program.
    I get the agitation about the possibility of not landing them. But, honestly, IF our program is still struggling particularly massively during this season, you can't blame them for not sleepwalking their way to Austin. And, it's possible at that point Herman gets replaced anyway.

Even if the season isn't that bad but still shows a program not really sell-worthy, it's also hard to blame those kids. I mean, Herman has had one good (not great) season in three, and we know how horrific Charlie's tenure was, and Mack's last several years were pretty mediocre as well.

According to 24/7, TE Reese Leitao is expected to cross-train with the DL once spring practice starts.
    his lack--to this point, and it's been awhile now--of any real progress with the program makes one double-guess Herman's decision to keep him amidst the legal troubles he had before even playing in his first year.
    All for giving a kid another shot though. It's just been a real disappointment. I thought he'd be a bona-fide TE but obviously that isn't happening

at first thought, one might think "maybe this kid makes a fairly athletic defensive end." But since one of his biggest shortcomings apparently is not mixing it up with any real aggression at TE, it seems unlikely that he'll have the tenacity at defense.

Do note that Henry Melton and some other guys who didn't make it on O' in the past became really effective on D, so there's still hope.

Thread Information