Page 93 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 4810
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I’ve been watching Denton Ryan games for several years. Bowman is plenty good. JaTavion Sanders is a bad ass !
    tell me he is Bosa good

Lie to me if you must.

If Texas could get Wheaton this year and Blue next year, they would complement each other perfectly, IMO

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LJ Johnson or Wheaton would be perfect, I think we get one of them. What Texas really needs is a guy that can get the tough yards around the 2 yard line and that is LJ Johnson. We have guys that can get to the 2nd level what we don't have is that goalline guy that can take on a tackler and run over him.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Hmmm. So does this mean we can have Ehlinger for one more season?

LJ Johnson or Wheaton would be perfect, I think we get one of them. What Texas really needs is a guy that can get the tough yards around the 2 yard line and that is LJ Johnson. We have guys that can get to the 2nd level what we don't have is that goalline guy that can take on a tackler and run over him.
    I think Ingram (2 seasons left) and Roshon (3 seasons left) are both effective between the tackles. Blue or LJ could end up being another Cedric. What they dont have is a homerun hitter. Bijan might show to be that kind of RB and Wheaton has the speed to be potentially another Jamaal Charles.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Possible QB replacement for Milroe is Maddox Kopp. Orangebloods and IT are reporting that Texas has reached out and there is interest on both sides. He's not Milroe good, but throws a very accurate ball and will be someone who's not scared of compe ion.

https://247sports.com/Player/Maddox-Kopp-46098481/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More info on Kopp.

Texas Longhorns Showing Interest in Fast Rising 2021 QB

https://www.si.com/college/texas/foo...rising-2021-qb

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2022 commit WR Phaizon Wilson

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If we want a guy to be a bulldozer every once in a while then Regis it is

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

OU mod Drumm said he spoke to sources close to Camar Wheaton and he will be in tomorrow night (Friday) for their unofficial visit, get together, .. thing.

Possible QB replacement for Milroe is Maddox Kopp. Orangebloods and IT are reporting that Texas has reached out and there is interest on both sides. He's not Milroe good, but throws a very accurate ball and will be someone who's not scared of compe ion.
    https://247sports.com/Player/Maddox-Kopp-46098481/
    I think this is the kind of guy you would want, esp as a backup. I think after wasting about 15 yrs trying to find the next VY, it's time to focus on the traits of what makes a great QB instead of being enamored with getting freak athletes as QB. It works in high schools, esp in Texas where a lot of HS coaches simply put their best athlete at QB and hope for the best... and it tends to work. Two things that should be the mark of a good QB: quick thinkers & accurate throwers. Leadership can be taught and they can grow into. Running ability helps but it isnt the most important trait. Recruit QBs that can throw accurately and manage the game; recruit athletes and RB to run the ball (they are plentiful; dont risk QB running as a fullback). I think we have enough evidence over the last decade and half to point this out...

Running QBs recruited/signed at Texas:
    Ryan Perrilloux
    Sherrod Harris
    John Chiles
    Tyrone Swoopes
    Jerrod Heard
    Kai Locksley
    Jalen Overstreet
    Casey Thompson
    Roschon Johnson
    Ja'Quinden Jackson

We dont know enough about Thompson or JQJ to make a determination but by and large, that is a list of disappointments at QB position.

Traditonal QBs recruited/signed at Texas:
    *Buechele
    *Snead
    *Barkley
    *McCoy x2
    *Kinne
    Gilbert
    Wood
    *Ash
    Brewer
    Merrick
    Gentry
    *Ehlinger
    Rising
    *Card

*= QBs that I think had enough of both traits to be successful. Gilbert could have developed into a quicker thinker with the right scheme and time to develop
    Arguably everyone on the second list is better than anyone on the dual threat list (with the exception of maybe JQJ & Thompson). Also, something I noticed: with the traditional QBs, all I have to put down is the last name and you most likely will know whom I'm talking about. With the dual threat list, I felt the need to put the first and last name or some would not know who they are
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 08-20-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Good list then maybe Texas coaches did not coach them or have a offence to suit the player.

Last decade OU has had luck with running QBS.

Maybe new offence coach will have better luck?

Sooner 24/7 mods are losing their ever loving minds tonight bc their sooner summit is going over like a fart in church. Lol. Their sub base is about to burn them down. Can’t say you hate to see it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

TCU QB Max Duggan has a genetic defect discovered during COVID protocol and may be out for the season.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Last decade OU has had luck with running QBS.
    it seems that way... but Kyler Murray is really the only dual threat QB they've had the past decade, which included Pro style QBs: Baker Mayfield, Trevor Knight, Blake Bell and Landry Jones

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sooooooo.... LJ committing soon?

Sooooooo.... LJ committing soon?
    That's probably a safe bet. Wheaton is on his way to sooners weekend function. Drumm said he doubts Wheaton commits this weekend but I think it's safe to say that Texas and OU are neck and neck for his recruitment right now and a visit will probably sway him in their direction. Most of the insiders have said they think we get LJ and OU gets Wheaton. I think the staff could probably have whichever one they're more comfortable with if they push hard enough on Wheaton after this weekend but I'm doubtful they can get both IMO. Seems like LJ is the one the staff wants just from reading what the pay sites have posted.

According to an insider on surly that seems to have legit information, we supposedly have a silent commit (maybe even 2) from the Houston area so that could be LJ.

IT is reporting Shemar Turner will be on campus tomorrow.

https://247sports.com/Player/Shemar-Turner-46055593/

Thread Information