Page 151 of 193 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 4810
    Post Count
    With Urban, we have to realize UT would be getting a coach that isn't going to stick around long but no one cares if he wins a championship. The question is: could he win in such a short period of time?

Also, is his style of play going to work in the air-it-out pass happy Big XII?

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I never cut and paste stuff straight from other sites, but it's getting tossed back and forth from every site now. I'll do so also in regards to the search of a new Coach. From Orangebloods:
    This is still a story that we're working to gain meaningful details on, but I do want to confirm that we have been told by a source with connections to the current Texas Board of Regends that chairman Kevin Eltife met with Urban Meyer in Columbus for what is being described as the "first" meeting with Meyer in discussions about him becoming the next Texas head football coach.
    Ketch has already been forced to walk that back, or part of it

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ketch has already been forced to walk that back, or part of it
    I saw that. Sounds like someone didn't like what he wrote earlier or who he said was potentially there or not.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    urban meyer

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I saw that. Sounds like someone didn't like what he wrote earlier or who he said was potentially there or not.
    Sounds.like he would have preferred to remain anonymous.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jackie fn Sherrill
    Dennis fn Franchione
    Jimbo "crablegs" Fischer

And an Aggie laughs.
    How is that big natty ring the Traggidies gave Jimbo... should be on the finger very soon in the one team SEC BAMA?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From TFB:

Their update states UM wants complete control over his staff (with 3 year contracts) as well as control over Associate Director for football ops and complete control over support staff (including team physicians and training staff). Additionally, supposedly demanding a say in updated facilities (including indoor facilities) to include a grass practice field and two artificial practice fields (with two different types of turf)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    From TFB:

Their update states UM wants complete control over his staff (with 3 year contracts) as well as control over Associate Director for football ops and complete control over support staff (including team physicians and training staff). Additionally, supposedly demanding a say in updated facilities (including indoor facilities) to include a grass practice field and two artificial practice fields (with two different types of turf)
    thats reasonable

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From TFB:

Get Benefactor in here.
    This will require some benefacting.

Let the chef control the kitchen. It’s that simple.

Give him a life time supply of free meals from Pluckers to top it off. Whatever it takes

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I commented to this effect, and it got deleted. WTF?!

I’m thinking Saban gets what he wants. Why give a guy that kind of money, and hamstring him ? Put him in a position to succeed, or get somebody that will kiss ass and keep losing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I commented to this effect, and it got deleted. WTF?!
    Someone got mod power and has had priapism thus the uncalled for deletion of posts.

Whats the concensus? Do we get him?

Whats the concensus? Do we get him?
    Does the annual flu epidemic come from Asia each year? Yes.

Provide for whatever he needs. No isn’t an option. If this is truly a football university leadership will get it done.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Someone got mod power and has had priapism thus the uncalled for deletion of posts.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well I am pretty sure Alabama has on average linemen that are 3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier and run just as or faster than anything UT has. Similar for most any position.
    To say UT has the same or similar athletes as Bama is just not true. Or Clemson or Ohio State.
    Got dam that wide receiver from Bama that ran around all over the place-UT for sure got nothing like that.

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    Well I am pretty sure Alabama has on average linemen that are 3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier and run just as or faster than anything UT has. Similar for most any position.
    To say UT has the same or similar athletes as Bama is just not true. Or Clemson or Ohio State.
    Got dam that wide receiver from Bama that ran around all over the place-UT for sure got nothing like that.

Bama's best WR this year is from Texas

Top talent from Texas high schools have NOT been going to Texas last 2 years. If u followed recruiting u would know that

I doubt if Texas has a player that could start for OU little on Alabama.Maybe one OL but would be close.

Texas has talent just not that kind.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thursday Morning Bobby Burton:

This is about as quick an update as I can write.

Here’s what I know at this hour:

Texas continues its pursuit of Urban Meyer.

I don’t want to spend my time refuting other reports, but I have not heard from any of the powers-that-be that Texas and Meyer have agreed to terms either verbally or on paper and that Meyer will return to coaching.

But I can say, in larger terms, that both parties know what the other wants and will provide.

All of this to say that Texas, as of late last night, had not been told no or yes.

So the pursuit continues.

Obviously, this situation could turn on a dime with either a definitive yes or no. Theoretically, we could get the answer at any moment or a few days into the future.

Eric will have a more detailed post later this morning.

Thread Information