Page 127 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 4810
    TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    Kermit nailed it lol.

1). Either get rid of The Longhorn Network or make big time adjustments to it. As in only use it for televising live games, replays, etc. You can’t ignore that this program went to straight ever since Longhorn Network was initiated. Bunch of 18 year old kids feeling like superstars on Day 1.

2). Back up the Brink’s Truck for Urban Meyer

You’re welcome, CDC. I’ll send you my billing information.

What happened with Jake Smith this week?

Depends on who you listen to regarding Smith. Reports yesterday was the hamstring flared up but earlier in the week there were reports he had changed his Instagram info and might be looking to move on. Given the nature of a hamstring injury, I'd tend to lean that way but what do I know?

Agree with Kermit but it seems like the QB run on the zone read has dropped off the table since Sam's sop re season.

Yeah we aren't Ohio State with a Kansas state qb

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    As much as I hate that the Brocks are going to Bama, I see why they made the decision they did. Herman and Hand are both clowns and I'm 99.999% sure Hand is gone after this season, I'm thinking I'm 90% sure Herman is as well.

If Herman is done, then I'm hoping it will be Urban. He reminds me of Donald Trump. As a person he is a complete asshole, but he gets results and will take no time to turn this program around. I'm tired of having to like someone and that be a basis of hoping they get the job done. I just want someone that gets the job done, I personally don't have to like them or invite them over for dinner. I just want to see Texas win again. Most important, I want to see Texas win conference games they are supposed to, and especially win the Big 12. The time has come for Texas to give up this dream that they are Stanford or feCal and start acting like Texas.

I dont know if this was your intent posting this picture but the real "take-away" is that Ehlinger is the ONLY player left on the field facing the band during the "Eyes".
    yeah, I have been highly critical of Ehlinger over the last four years, so much so, I took a lot of flack on the old Scout board stating that Shane Buechele was the better QB (maybe not more effective but better QB skill set)... and I still stand by that. HOWEVER, if the rest of the team had his heart, his shortcomings would hardly be noticed and they would be undefeated at this point, IMO

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I dont know if this was your intent posting this picture but the real "take-away" is that Ehlinger is the ONLY player left on the field facing the band during the "Eyes".
    yeah, I have been highly critical of Ehlinger over the last four years, so much so, I took a lot of flack on the old Scout board stating that Shane Buechele was the better QB (maybe not more effective but better QB skill set)... and I still stand by that. HOWEVER, if the rest of the team had his heart, his shortcomings would hardly be noticed and they would be undefeated at this point, IMO

Wow, that takes guts, and I appreciate that. As far as I'm concerned he is the only guy on this team with guts. The rest of this team should be ashamed. When these guys are all looking for jobs after their playing days are over, I hope Exes remember this and treat them accordingly.

I have no respect for this team, outside of Sam.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    we have another acho/boyd situation

Last edited by playblair; 10-11-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Wow, that takes guts, and I appreciate that. As far as I'm concerned he is the only guy on this team with guts. The rest of this team should be ashamed. When these guys are all looking for jobs after their playing days are over, I hope Exes remember this and treat them accordingly.
    I have no respect for this team, outside of Sam.
    yeah, I have little respect for the rest of the team. If anyone wants to protest and be a "social warrior", then fine, quit and go do that. They're ostensibly here to work as a team playing football; not cause fractures and divisions... but, it is Herman's job to keep things together. Failure as a team and individuals are what is going to be remembered.

Last edited by soldierhorn; 10-11-2020 at 03:05 PM.

we have another acho/boyd situation
    yeah, this is one of the things that was so annoying watching the game. The flexing after just doing your job (making a tackle) when the runner made a first down anyway shows these players are "hey, look at me" individuals rather than a team mindset. I'm glad to see former players point that out.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    yeah, this is one of the things that was so annoying watching the game. The flexing after just doing your job (making a tackle) when the runner made a first down anyway shows these players are "hey, look at me" individuals rather than a team mindset. I'm glad to see former players point that out.
    what makes it even more turrible is chris brown is a team captain

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yeah, I have little respect for the rest of the team. If anyone wants to protest and be a "social warrior", then fine, quit and go do that. They're ostensibly here to work as a team playing football; not cause fractures and divisions... but, it is Herman's job to keep things together. Failure as a team and individuals are what is going to be remembered.

Why accept the scholarship offer and attend UT if this is the way you feel?
    Wouldnt it be better for you, and everyone else, if you attended a different school?
    Give someone who actually wants to be in Austin the chance

what makes it even more turrible is chris brown is a team captain
    yep, and that, again, shows Herman's piss-poor leadership. it is as simple as training a dog: DONT REWARD BAD BEHAVIOR or actions you dont repeated. When you break it down to its essence, leadership is not that hard... but the will power & moral courage to back it up (enforcement) are usually the barriers people cant get to, much less past
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 10-11-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Wouldnt it be better for you, and everyone else, if you attended a different school?
    yeah, it comes down to PR, messaging, esprit de corps, etc, etc, etc. I think that they think they are sending or defending some sort of justice warrior message when, in fact, no one cares about that non-visual message. What people do care about is the overt anti-Longhorn message they are sending (intentional or not). The problem is that this will be something very difficult for Herman to fix, esp if he doesnt admit that it's a problem. The admin & boosters dont care until it affects the results, pocketbook, and negative PR. If they dont get 20,000 to the next game, that is a message from the fan base that they will understand (aint gonna happen but it should)

You accept the scholarship bc you want to play at a university like the University of Texas. You don't go for racial undertones. The song doesn't make the school. Just like people go to football games and not like the music they play there...

Not an argument, just a thought. Funny how the thought is on the players and not on how the song probably was made with racial undertones. Lol
    Also of not, even though the black players are the only ones thought about not being there, Texas has a few more white players that aren't out there as well.

Give someone who actually wants to be in Austin the chance...
    Well we are sending out scholarships, nobody WANTS to come

You accept the scholarship bc you want to play at a university like the University of Texas. You don't go for racial undertones. The song doesn't make the school. Just like people go to football games and not like the music they play there...
    Not an argument, just a thought. Funny how the thought is on the players and not on how the song probably was made with racial undertones. Lol
    Also of not, even though the black players are the only ones thought about not being there, Texas has a few more white players that aren't out there as well.
    Give someone who actually wants to be in Austin the chance...
    Well we are sending out scholarships, nobody WANTS to come
    odd that any racial undertones were 100yrs ago, if it existed at all. You know, a lot of hymns are taken from beer and pagan songs hundreds of years ago. Does it matter now? NO. People only get upset and chose to make an issue of something not relevant any longer because they want to. hhhmmm If there is something inherently wrong with a rhythm (a RHYTHM), then why wasnt it an issue decades ago? I just dont see Earl Campbell throwing a hissy-fit about a rhythm. silliness

Last edited by soldierhorn; 10-12-2020 at 12:28 AM.

I, for one, just believe the team is lost. Sam is going to miss playing that game and playing football altogether,thats probably why he's still out there. But forget the "racial undertones" HES THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE. No other teammates are out there... do you think thats because the black teammates said we are going to jump you if you do the eyes? Doubt it, he's the only one out there of 84 other players that are not all black.

This isnt fully a racial issue... I'd imagine its hard to have pride when you continually keep losing to inferior teams.

I, for one, just believe the team is lost. Sam is going to miss playing that game and playing football altogether,thats probably why he's still out there. But forget the "racial undertones" HES THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE. No other teammates are out there... do you think thats because the black teammates said we are going to jump you if you do the eyes? Doubt it, he's the only one out there of 84 other players that are not all black.
    This isnt fully a racial issue... I'd imagine its hard to have pride when you continually keep losing to inferior teams.
    I think this would have never been an issue if Herman was a good leader and had them focused on their primary purpose for being on the team (ie, worry about things you can effect and can help you meet your goals). If players think something is more important ("some things are bigger than football" was the mantra), then ok, go do that thing you think is more important but if you are here on a football scholarship, then football should be your focus. When I received new young teenage soldiers, there was a sayin' I use to tell them during their initial counseling: Be where you are suppose to be; doing what you are suppose to be doing and you will be successful in our unit (team). It's not complicated but poor leaders make it sound complicated -- "Winning is hard." Positive pride is something some people bring to a team (unit) dynamic but it's also something that should be developed by a good leader in a new environment. I dont see positive Texas, Longhorn or team pride. I think some of it is locker room cancer (using racism as an outlet), the rest dont seem to care and that is a lack of pride that positive peer pressure should address (again, leadership).
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 10-12-2020 at 01:24 AM.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    players only meeting being held today not looking good for herman

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sam mentioned the word 'splintered' twice when discussing the team in post game commentary. So they are not together on any of this

Also, supposed to have been "players-only" meeting on Sunday. That's usually not a good sign

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Should this be hidden behind spoiler coding?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    players only meeting being held today not looking good for herman
    Best post I've read anywhere in the last 36 hours.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    texas 27 yards rushing total for the game midway through the 4th but Blake says texas should run the ball because the ypc stat isnt a fluke
    Lol the RBs combined had 11 carries. Sam had 23. That's stupid.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Should this be hidden behind spoiler coding?

She made a rabbit shadow puppet on her shirt.

Or is it a unicorn

Thread Information