Page 64 of 193 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 4810
    aggie gonna aggie. Bear Bryant--many say he fled the scene before a&m got hit by the NCAA way back then. Gene Stallings (well prior to his 'Bama stint) admitted "DKR had me by the throat (due to violations) and let me up."

Then of course Jackie Sherrill--one of the most well-known cheaters in college football. Some things under his successor and former head assistant, RC Slo , and then you get a guy like Fisher, who had something of a checkered past and now has this to contend with in response.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    aggie gonna aggie. Bear Bryant--many say he fled the scene before a&m got hit by the NCAA way back then. Gene Stallings (well prior to his 'Bama stint) admitted "DKR had me by the throat (due to violations) and let me up."

Then of course Jackie Sherrill--one of the most well-known cheaters in college football. Some things under his successor and former head assistant, RC Slo , and then you get a guy like Fisher, who had something of a checkered past and now has this to contend with in response.
    Slo was basically ok.
    But leaving out Dennis Franchione... got to stick him with the worst. Not as bad as Sherrill, but a big liar.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Aggie:

Everyone does it, but we get caught.

Post Count
    I wonder who the recruit is. ATM had to end its recruitment of the prospect and can't recruit any kid from HS until 2023. Please let it be LJ Johnson

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wonder who the recruit is. ATM had to end its recruitment of the prospect and can't recruit any kid from HS until 2023. Please let it be LJ Johnson
    Anybody from a big time high school plz.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Posting this here because it's team info, but please go to other thread if you want to debate.

LB De'Marvion Overshown says he is done with playing and all team activities, but no mention of a transfer to another school.

I guess we'll see soon if there are any scholarship implications here since this is an unprecedented situation.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    If all that was uncovered after a two-year investigation was 7-extra hours of practice time in the Spring of 2018 (Jimbo's first spring), and a phone conversation with a sop re recruit (have to be a junior), than I would say he's either running a cleaner program than I thought or covering his bases pretty damn well tbqh. Apparently, one of the guys heading this investigation was the former AD at Florida State and has had it out for Jimbo. IIRC, this all stemmed from allegations of a former player (Santigo Marichoil) who transferred to Arizona after Jimbo's practices were "too hard" and was later kicked off the Arizona team by Sumlin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Posting this here because it's team info, but please go to other thread if you want to debate.

LB De'Marvion Overshown says he is done with playing and all team activities, but no mention of a transfer to another school.

I guess we'll see soon if there are any scholarship implications here since this is an unprecedented situation.
    OrangeBloods says he is not on campus.

OrangeBloods says he is not on campus.
    It's been reported that he hasnt shown up for weeks. This was DMO's year to finally live up to expectations. He hasnt done it so far and dosent look like he is focused on doing it now.

Slo was basically ok.
    But leaving out Dennis Franchione... got to stick him with the worst. Not as bad as Sherrill, but a big liar.
    Slo was somewhat disarming with his folksy nature. I don't think he was horrible, but not nearly as shiny as some might have thought.
    Franchione, I kind of forgot about; I don't know that he was that sordid, but he certainly had some questionable things about him. I just never got quite enough clarity on the guy. I know someone who's loosely termed as "friends" with him, and he has a few questions too still.

I certainly didn't respect the way he left 'Bama.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Welp...

He doesn’t want to play then on to a LB transfer I’m hoping.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Slo was somewhat disarming with his folksy nature. I don't think he was horrible, but not nearly as shiny as some might have thought.
    Franchione, I kind of forgot about; I don't know that he was that sordid, but he certainly had some questionable things about him. I just never got quite enough clarity on the guy. I know someone who's loosely termed as "friends" with him, and he has a few questions too still.

I certainly didn't respect the way he left 'Bama.
    His extra money via his booster first policy with ATM
    Ask the TCU people how they felt about his stint.
    He has a long rap sheet imo

ATM will hire Satan for laughs

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Nice add but wish we could step it up with the WR’s, LB’s, and lineman. Things seem to be moving slowly with the pandemic going on.
    Last edited by bluetrumpet; 07-03-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Yes four OL would be nice and if room a DT.

Is Blake trolling the Longhorn fan base?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yes four OL would be nice and if room a DT.
    Unless we have major attrition, DT is a wasted scholarship this year. Better to save the offer for next year.

Unless we have major attrition, DT is a wasted scholarship this year. Better to save the offer for next year.
    You coulg be right. DT is in short supply this recruiting cycle. However I donot belive in saving ships.Get best player you can at needed position and let him start getting experence.
    I donot look for much attrition short if any season.

Post Count
    Agree with this, but that Regis kid really intrigues me, much like Ojomo did. Ojomo was extremely young and raw, but you could see something. Regis is kind of similar from a raw standpoint. He is just extremely athletic and fast, the kind you don't see very often in a 300lb guy. I would absolutely take him and develop for 2 years down the road.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You coulg be right. DT is in short supply this recruiting cycle. However I donot belive in saving ships.Get best player you can at needed position and let him start getting experence.
    I donot look for much attrition short if any season.
    As much as I want to believe this, with all the things happening who knows what is going to happen. I mentioned this because we have 1 senior and about 8 solid DTs in the system. Including the 3 we just got last cycle. What we need desperately are DEs and linebackers including some Jucos.

As much as I want to believe this, with all the things happening who knows what is going to happen. I mentioned this because we have 1 senior and about 8 solid DTs in the system. Including the 3 we just got last cycle. What we need desperately are DEs and linebackers including some Jucos.
    The way I see the depth chart, Texas has 4 DTs right now (Coburn, Ojomo, Broughton, SG-W) and two of those are true freshmen. They could use a JUCO 3-Tech running a 4-man front UNLESS the coaches think that an upperclassman DE (Graham?) can be moved inside if they have gained enough good weight in the off season. You need more than 4 DTs for a decent rotation using a 4-man front; two soph and two true freshmen are not enough to battle an experienced OL. IMO, if true freshmen are the linchpins that hold a position together, then either you have future NFL phenoms or you have a real problem.

I see 9 Defensive ends right now. Obviously some DEs (possibly Collins) are going to have to become DTs at some point but that depends on weight gain and if they can keep their speed with added weight. Using Collins as an example, if he gains weight up to about 285 and can maintain his speed, he will stay outside. If he blows up to between 285 and 300 and loses a step or two, then he will be moved to 3 tech. Heavier than 300 and he will likely be moved to NT.
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 07-05-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Post Count
    The way I see the depth chart, Texas has 4 DTs right now (Coburn, Ojomo, Broughton, SG-W) and two of those are true freshmen. They could use a JUCO DT running a 4-man front UNLESS the coaches think that an upperclassman DE (Graham?) can be moved inside if they have gained enough good weight in the off season. You need more than 4 DTs for a decent rotation using a 4-man front; two soph and two true freshmen are not enough to battle an experienced OL. IMO, if true freshmen are the linchpins that hold a position together, then either you have future NFL phenoms or you have a real problem.

I see 9 Defensive ends right now. Obviously some DEs (possibly Collins) are going to have to become DTs but that depends on weight gain and if they can keep their speed with added weight. Using Collins as an example, if he gains weight up to about 285 and can maintain his speed, he will stay outside. If he blows up to between 285 and 300 and loses a step or two, then he will be moved to 3 tech. Heavier than 300 and he will likely be moved to NT.
    I really hope Collins maintains DE weight and speed and stays there. He has that rare combination of speed, quickness, strength and long arms that could make him elite...kind of reminds me of Julius Peppers. He will be special on the outside. However, you never know with kids and late growth. He could very well end up inside, but I'm hoping he doesn't.

I really hope Collins maintains DE weight and speed and stays there. He has that rare combination of speed, quickness, strength and long arms that could make him elite...kind of reminds me of Julius Peppers. He will be special on the outside. However, you never know with kids and late growth. He could very well end up inside, but I'm hoping he doesn't.
    I agree. I think Collins can be elite if he can keep the bad weight down. Another added dimension to this is his mentality and I dont know about that of course. A LOT of DEs see themselves as edge rushers and dont want to be moved inside so they can be double-teamed every play to free up someone else (LB).
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 07-05-2020 at 04:27 PM.

The way I see the depth chart, Texas has 4 DTs right now (Coburn, Ojomo, Broughton, SG-W) and two of those are true freshmen. They could use a JUCO 3-Tech running a 4-man front UNLESS the coaches think that an upperclassman DE (Graham?) can be moved inside if they have gained enough good weight in the off season. You need more than 4 DTs for a decent rotation using a 4-man front; two soph and two true freshmen are not enough to battle an experienced OL. IMO, if true freshmen are the linchpins that hold a position together, then either you have future NFL phenoms or you have a real problem.

I see 9 Defensive ends right now. Obviously some DEs (possibly Collins) are going to have to become DTs at some point but that depends on weight gain and if they can keep their speed with added weight. Using Collins as an example, if he gains weight up to about 285 and can maintain his speed, he will stay outside. If he blows up to between 285 and 300 and loses a step or two, then he will be moved to 3 tech. Heavier than 300 and he will likely be moved to NT.
    You sir have been studing the depth chart Some times I wonder if some ever look at it.
    Inside Texas list Warren as a DT. LBS are so plentyful you need more than two hands to countthem.

Since this is 2021 class we are talking about IMO the bigest need is OL.
    Last edited by Eastexhorn; 07-05-2020 at 06:50 PM.

You sir have been studing the depth chart Some times I wonder if some ever look at it.
    Inside Texas list Warren as a DT. LBS are so plentyful you need more than two hands to countthem.
    Since this is 2021 class we are talking about IMO the bigest need is OL.
    That makes sense, on the actual team roster, Warren is now listed as 6'2 290... so,yeah, I'm sure he is moving inside. Unless he's an all-time great, it's hard to keep your DE speed at 290 or above and he's only a RS freshman so he's almost certainly going to gain more weight.

VC might be correct, in that they might have 8 DTs going into August camp. I was going off of last year's depth chart but taking a quick look at this year's roster weights, four DEs were/are at 285 and heavier:

So Carson 285
    Sr Graham 300
    So Sweat 335
    RSF Warren 290
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 07-05-2020 at 09:50 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good stuff fellows.

thanks.

Thread Information