Page 158 of 193 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 4810
    DKR said angry young men win football games. Great players and coaches help.

The program went downhill when longhorn network was implemented. Increased en lement and cultivated the illusion of “we made it” mindset with student athletes.

Either get rid of it or heavily modify it.

Program went from hard work, not flashy, breeding success. Into a corporate, money making scheme, thinking on field results would just carryover overnight.

Lose the revenue driven mindset. Get back to the basics of hard work will create exposure. The success and money will be a bi-product and be plentiful

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bobby Burton this AM:

While there was a public statement of support for coach Tom Herman put forth over the weekend by Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte, high-ranking officials at the University continue to consider various coaching options and are resolved to hold a more thorough coaching search following conference championship games that are to be played this weekend, going possibly until the end of bowl season and the NFL regular season, according to two different sources within the university.

“This is not over, not at all,” one university official said of the coaching situation yesterday. A second official told Inside Texas that Del Conte made a mistake in releasing the show of support and that the final statement was “watered down” by other officials.

Inside Texas continues to report that Del Conte will not make the decision of Herman’s future in a silo, nor even have the largest sway in the decision to replace him. Instead, it is a group of three, including university president Jay Hartzell and board of regents chairman Kevin Eltife, along with Del Conte.

Other factors will contribute to any coaching change, including the money available to the university to pursue such a change created by the contract buyout of Herman and several assistants, which total to around $25 million.

While Del Conte has privately bemoaned the amount of money it would take to change coaches and used it as a political factor in any such decision, other universities seem to eschew such problems. Yesterday, Auburn decided to terminate its coach, Gus Malzahn, who is owed a $22 million buyout.

Furthermore, Inside Texas has been told that the money is there for the Longhorns to change coaches. Unlike what has been previously reported, Inside Texas is told that the money is there for any number of candidates vetted, not just for Urban Meyer, who was the initial candidate that galvanized alignment from several donors and the three university officials in charge of the decision.

Inside Texas has been told that the Horns will look at possible college coaches involved in conference championship games and in the NFL, so long as they have head coaching experience in either the pros or colleges.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ossai head to the draft.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DKR said angry young men win football games. Great players and coaches help.
    He said a lot more than this.
    He also said motivated young men can get educated and can be great football players.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The program went downhill when longhorn network was implemented. Increased en lement and cultivated the illusion of “we made it” mindset with student athletes.

Either get rid of it or heavily modify it.

Program went from hard work, not flashy, breeding success. Into a corporate, money making scheme, thinking on field results would just carryover overnight.

Lose the revenue driven mindset. Get back to the basics of hard work will create exposure. The success and money will be a bi-product and be plentiful
    So the problem has been with Charlie Strong and Tom Herman we did not work hard enough, because they gave the impression they were working very hard, but possibly not on the right stuff to win football games. Herman was criticized for working kids too hard in the summer and spring and fall and got to many kids hurt during practice. He commented you play like you practice as a reason for working hard? It was fundamentals first, one game at a time, but all along they were not working hard enough...

These excuses are all over the place. Herman clearly did get kids to play hard for the majority of his 4 years. Something that Strong and Grandpa Brown did not do.

I will give you our repe ion and ability to stay consistent were problems, but Im not sure why. Now its not working hard enough. We also did a very poor job adjusting at half time.

I wonder why we were able to win bowl games and punctuate a win with a physical statement? Why did this happen under Herman? We beat other teams up. I would rather not have the tired old answer (the other team did not want to play...)

This board may be a mirror into why we are bad.
    Bad excuses.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ossai head to the draft.

Good for him.
    he has a huge upside but is definitely inconsistent.

Post Count
    If not Urban, then who? I'm not sure I would make a move this season unless you know you're getting an elite elite coach proven at the college level. I'm not sure that will happen this year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Everybody first needs to realize they are not special.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I know we played like this year. However, 1 loss was in OT, 4th OT, to be exact. The other losses was by 2 and a fg. 2 of the 3 losses came against higher ranked opponents. 3 losses by a combined 13 pts.

Our OL was pure trash all year, causing stress on the entire team. Poor running games, Sam being forced into too many bad situations, horrible penalties, causing more pressure for defense and ST. Our OL really the bed this year.

The coaching staff screwed the pooch so often this season. Poor game plans, bad adjustments, if any at all, and bush league clock management. They failed to put most of our players in the right spots to succeed. They failed to coach up our players and advance their skill level and knowledge. They failed to take advantage of obvious mismatches.

Even with the show that was our coaching staff and OL, we still only lost 3 games, all by one score. I find that quite impressive.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I know we played like this year. However, 1 loss was in OT, 4th OT, to be exact. The other losses was by 2 and a fg. 2 of the 3 losses came against higher ranked opponents. 3 losses by a combined 13 pts.

Our OL was pure trash all year, causing stress on the entire team. Poor running games, Sam being forced into too many bad situations, horrible penalties, causing more pressure for defense and ST. Our OL really the bed this year.

The coaching staff screwed the pooch so often this season. Poor game plans, bad adjustments, if any at all, and bush league clock management. They failed to put most of our players in the right spots to succeed. They failed to coach up our players and advance their skill level and knowledge. They failed to take advantage of obvious mismatches.

Even with the show that was our coaching staff and OL, we still only lost 3 games, all by one score. I find that quite impressive.
    while its true that the situation overall is not quite as bad as it looks (with three very close losses), the bold part is just so infuriating. simply reduce the bullcrap by the coaches by just 50%, and this team is undefeated and ranked top 4. very frustrating to look at how much potential this team had, that was pissed away by poor coaching, regardless of the lousy OL. better coaching easily could have covered up some of the flaws of the OL. would they beat Bama or Clemson? probably not. but as much as its fun to joke about OU always falling short on the big stage, any horns fan would kill to be in a position where they could at least be in the playoffs. then they dont miss out on recruits like Ewers.

Why stick with an average coach at best. In every aspect of your life you should want to excel. Coaching is no different. And if coach is average at best you need to make a change. You can muddle in mediocre or go find the solution. Very simple Herman is an avg coach and should not be accepted by the University of Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why stick with an average coach at best. In every aspect of your life you should want to excel. Coaching is no different. And if coach is average at best you need to make a change. You can muddle in mediocre or go find the solution. Very simple Herman is an avg coach and should not be accepted by the University of Texas.
    he has clearly been an above average recruiter, especially when our teams make the same mistakes over and over again (recruits must see this and they came for 3 years and he had Ewers early) Herman is not an average coach. while being a very good recruiter, he has been awful at fixing mistakes. And apparently his bowl game preparation was very good. Or 3 teams we played had extraordinarily bad preparation and were overrated.

so it really is not as simple as an average coach at all.
    For instance, who do you want as H coach that will come to Austin? Because we are in a real bind here.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We are in a very unstable situation because recruits know and players know Herman is a lame duck. And we have no clear prospects for stability. Ask yourselves why recruits that are talented are sticking with this program. And then if we learn something from this we better keep using it for recruiting because our play is not impressive and has not been for a pretty good while.

He is an avg coach and was a good recruiter but that is going away. Look at the people decommitting and losing out to other schools. If he has been a good recruiter then he is failing developing them into great players. You either keep doing the lame duck coach or you go find a better option. It may take another chance at a rising coach. You might end up in the same situation or you may land the next Dabo Swinney. Its not for me to say who to get but I know you don't keep the same mistake.

25 million is why Tom is staying. Might work out a deal with Auburn swap no buy out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is just my opinion, but if/when we fire Herman, if we also fire our RB coach we will lose Bijan to transfer. Something I don't wish to see happen. It might still happen anyways, but I think we will lose a number of starters to transfer as these guys see opportunities in other places. Bijan can step in and start at Ohio State and Bama with two incredibly good olines blocking for him.

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    Why was playblair's post about JQJ transferring deleted? Man I was looking forward to seeing him play for UT.

Come on, that can't be real...

Nvrm see it on IT

Post Count
    Success breeds Success. Look at Alabama...6 freaking 5 stars and 12 four stars...just in this 2021 class...We are currently the 17th ranked recruiting class for 2021, a significant drop from previous years. Texas has had some good draft classes without turning that into a Big12 championship, much less a national championship. Combine that with a lame duck coach and sadly all we have to look forward to is more mediocre seasons and getting beat by Oklahoma every year. I will still watch and root for them, but being barely bowl eligible every year is hardly where this program should be. Freaking A&M is the new king of Texas football.
    i

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    just became official..........they hate that playblair breaks news here before it becomes public..........btw samples leaving is starting to hurt texas even more he was recruting jqj to smu while jqj was on texas roster...........he is smu bound............he was the best qb in practice all season he had surpassed both card&thompson...........herman never let him play a down this season...............
    taking credit for reposting what you read on surlyhorns

Hopefully, horns will get LJ Johnson tomorrow. Below average class for us. Herman needs to have plan to get busy in the transfer portal.

Doesn't help coach to not be able to see recruits for like 9 months and no on campus visits. Recruits probably just going off teams records and who sounds good on the phone.

Sad that game v. LSU cancelled. If Horns/Herman had won that game (we are better than they are) it would have changed the narrative a lot.

Herman has to get to conf champ game next year. Key game will be game 2 at Arkansas. If Horns win at Arky, team might go into OU game undefeated. If Horns lose that game then he's toast.

I'll be interested to see how much of offensive malaise is Sam being good but not great quarterback. Both Card & Thompson are more dynamic open field runners. Sam has an ok arm but no one will confuse him with Colt.

I know you all hate the coaches but offense looked a ton better when we had 3 bad ass wrs (dev duv, lil j (why the did he go pro early??) and cj) and a great blocking te (beck).

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why was playblair's post about JQJ transferring deleted? Man I was looking forward to seeing him play for UT.
    Probably because he is an Aggie who has always tried to destroy this forum.
    Additionally he actively solicits for sexual favors on this site.
    Owners of this site are kind to let him stay.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He is an avg coach and was a good recruiter but that is going away. Look at the people decommitting and losing out to other schools. If he has been a good recruiter then he is failing developing them into great players. You either keep doing the lame duck coach or you go find a better option. It may take another chance at a rising coach. You might end up in the same situation or you may land the next Dabo Swinney. Its not for me to say who to get but I know you don't keep the same mistake.
    Strong and Herman were both rising coaches. So give us a rising coach who will become Dabo Swinney so we dont have to go through this again.

And with the football teams we produced and the talent we got... it did not match. Herman was more than a good recruiter. Austin, the place, can only give you so much of an advantage.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    wtf is surlyhorns..........bruh only board playblair is on is spurstalk............. playblair broke the ewers news before any other site playblair has real info
    just stop pls

Thread Information