Page 150 of 193 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 4810
    At the time yes. Urban wore out his welcome as time wore on.
    So did Mack... problem is complacency is an issue... don't think it matters as long as you win especially at Texas and especially right now as we are eerily close to 2 decades of mediocrity, at best.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Longhorns secondary just got better, tbh.

Post Count
    I really didn't want Herman to get fired this season but it's hard to defend the end result of this season.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    IT is saying that if Urban decides not to come, then Texas' clear #2 is an current NFL coach. The ball is still in Urban's court, but UT can't sit idle just in case the health concerns are too much for him to take the job.
    Last edited by texas4ever; 12-01-2020 at 12:33 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I really didn't want Herman to get fired this season but it's hard to defend the end result of this season.

At the end of the day Herman did all of this on his own. Herman wasn't ready to be the head coach at Texas and the majority of the fan base was wrong about him being the next big thing. I know I was.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The current NFL Coach is not Shanahan.

The current NFL Coach is not Shanahan.
    Eric Bieniemy is mentioned as #2

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That is real interesting, one of my high school teammates played at Colorado with Bieniemy. I'll have to hit him up on this one.

Post Count
    I'm not excite about any NFL coach to best honest.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bieniemy if I remember correctly was a witch of a recruiter at USC and at Colorado. If I was going to offer a huge contract to an NFL guy I'd start a little closer to the top with John Harbaugh, Sean Payton, Pete Carroll, and Mike Tomlin. If Urban says no there is a lot more time to pick and chose the right guy.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He's probably waiting on Houston tbh. He wants to be an NFL head coach

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    At the time yes. Urban wore out his welcome as time wore on.
    When Urban stopped winning and things got too wild (this would exacerbate any illness), all the articles about his problems and his complete failure to pick kids who were not hardened criminals came forth. Along with his suspending minor squad team players for minor infractions to show what a fine disciplinarian he was.
    Wore out his welcome... okay... The Florida press was not nearly so kind. They opened him up like a Florida tuna.

I would still like to know more about the Reese Letaio situation and our wide receiver carrying a weapon to a disturbance came to some settlement (will Austin open Herman up when he gets fired like Orlando and Gainesville did to Urban?) Then the assistant coach with Herman and Urban lying constantly to his AD and the BiG. (Columbus media was a bit nicer, but still gave him a blow to the groin)

I bet Urban could get Ewers back if he turns on the religious piety to just the right channel and gets the proper assistants. But Urban is going to want control, and to get that, he will have to convince some people he has learned a lot through all of his mistakes. I am pretty sure Urban can convince the right people if he really wants to. What he accomplished at Ohio St. in such a short period of time was as good as any in the history of college football for a rerun.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They’re not going to pay Urban what’s been reported and not give him total control. That dude has Texas right where he wants them.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He's probably waiting on Houston tbh. He wants to be an NFL head coach
    I've always thought he is a good candidate to be a NFL Coach. He'll be better there than in collage, IMO.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if Texas plays another game this year.

Anyone have cliff notes from the latest Urban update on 247?

Nm Got it

Quick Urban Meyer

ChipBrown247

Three-time national championship coach Urban Meyer is still weighing whether he wants to get back into coaching, two sources close to the situation told Horns247.com Tuesday.
    The sources said Meyer, who is 56 and has an arachnoid cyst on his brain lining that has caused him health issues, is struggling with whether he wants to put himself and his family through the stress of taking on another big-time job after building national championship teams at both Ohio State (2014) and Florida (2006, 2008).
    Meyer, who coached at Ohio State from 2012-18 and at Florida from 2005-10, is currently working as an analyst on FOX's Big Noon Kickoff college football show, which runs through Dec. 19.
    One source close to Meyer told Horns247 last week the only three jobs Meyer would get back into coaching for are Texas, USC and Notre Dame. That source said Tuesday Meyer might be leaning "60-40" toward not coaching again.
    "That's a guess," the source said. "But he's pretty happy right now. His health is a big factor."
    Horns247 has reported there is a group of big-money donors at Texas who would be interested in pursuing Meyer if UT was to make a change from current coach Tom Herman, who served as Meyer's offensive coordinator at Ohio State in 2014, when the Buckeyes won the national le.
    According to sources, UT's donors are hoping to hear from Meyer soon about if he's interested in coaching again.

Three-time national championship coach Urban Meyer is still weighing whether he wants to get back into coaching, two sources close to the situation told Horns247.com Tuesday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if Texas plays another game this year.
    It's as good an excuse as any to shut it down.

$15 mill per year and call it a day. There’s a famous quote that goes like “Everyone has a price.”

Post Count
    Question: Where do you think the standards should be for this program?

Herman: "The standard should be…to be in the conversation, and to be competing for conference championships in the month of November and December."

That is NOT the standard... To be in the conversation? Give me a break. The standard he was hired for was to win conference championships and to compete for a national championship.
    Last edited by DMX7; 12-01-2020 at 10:38 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    When Urban stopped winning and things got too wild (this would exacerbate any illness), all the articles about his problems and his complete failure to pick kids who were not hardened criminals came forth. Along with his suspending minor squad team players for minor infractions to show what a fine disciplinarian he was.
    Wore out his welcome... okay... The Florida press was not nearly so kind. They opened him up like a Florida tuna....
    Your characterization is how I understand it- how the press turned on him. You left out, intentionally or not, his personnel issues with his marriage which got messy and public-if I recall correctly.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I never cut and paste stuff straight from other sites, but it's getting tossed back and forth from every site now. I'll do so also in regards to the search of a new Coach. From Orangebloods:

This is still a story that we're working to gain meaningful details on, but I do want to confirm that we have been told by a source with connections to the current Texas Board of Regends that chairman Kevin Eltife met with Urban Meyer in Columbus for what is being described as the "first" meeting with Meyer in discussions about him becoming the next Texas head football coach.

Eltife, who is from Tyler, flew back to Tyler this morning.

We're still chasing details from the meeting, but it seems like a very important step in the conversations between both parties has occurred.

The ball remains in Meyer's court. We'll keep you posted as details emerge.

In the meantime, it's probably important to learn about Eltife because a source this morning tells me that he's as important to this approach to Meyer as Chris Del Conte is. While one source told me last night that Del Conte is driving the bus, I was told this morning that Eltife is as critical to all of this as anyone.

https://www.utsystem.edu/board-of-re...kevin-p-eltife

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Same stuff from Inside Texas:

According to a high-ranking official at The University of Texas, Urban Meyer is mulling a return to coaching.

Open issues that remain are his health and whether or not he is convinced that his hard-charging approach is “still relevant in the new era of player personal freedom.”

This report comes immediately following a trip returning from Columbus to Austin of a UT emissary less than 30 minutes ago.

Meyer’s health concerns have been mentioned previously. His approach has not.

Again, it remains a fluid situation, one where we could see twists and turns and misdirection until Tom Herman is dismissed.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information