Page 148 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 4810
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    IT from yesterday after the game:

Per a very good source that was the end of the Herman era for all intents and purposes.

I do not know when the official call will be made and I won’t handicap Scenario 1 at this time.

If Urban Meyer does decide he wants the job, his Fox duties don’t end until 12-19.

Per a very good source that was the end of the Herman era for all intents and purposes.
    I do not know when the official call will be made and I won’t handicap Scenario 1 at this time.
    If Urban Meyer does decide he wants the job, his Fox duties don’t end until 12-19.
    Some people think that if it's Meyer, then Herman will be fired on or soon after 1St of December (when his buyout goes down by $5mil). And, if it's not UM, then it could be a january hiring since the best candidates are still coaching
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 11-28-2020 at 01:06 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    At the very least, Texas fans can be happy that they aren’t Michigan.
    Not by much.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    it blows my mind how incompetent this offense is in short yardage situations
    The middle 3 on the oline line are flat out awful.
    Kerstetter is out of position. And Okafor and Angulau are just awful.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They are woke though
    Woke, a joke, championship broke
    These are horrible joke excuses.
    Nick Saban led his team in a giant WOKE "parade" through Tuscaloosa.
    Boy has it screwed BAMA up. EVERY college team has had problems with this stuff.

Now if you are saying Herman is not tough enough on players and pampers them thats a whole different topic than this "joke of a woke" excuse.
    Yeah, only UT experienced this... BS. We have a coach who cannot teach any sort of consistency.

Ex.

Last drive Johnson almost forgets to get to the first down marker by making a move backwards, then actually gets the first down and somehow gets out of bounds. Did anyone fkcing tell him about the time and to get the first down first. You were FORTUNATE to make it out of bounds. A play or two later he tries the SAME damn thing and does not get out of bounds and has no way of getting the first down. NO ONE told him to get the fck out of bounds no matter what, go sideways, whatever? Did Sam tell him? Did the team leader tell him? Or is he just dumb (no he is not). Yes its fundamentals, yes its repe ion, but it is also about understanding time management during the last two minutes. EVERYONE should know how far their route is if it need to be cut off to get back in place;, dont let someone lay on top of you, get the fck up and get set on the line, on and on... THIS SHOULD be built into a team who has seen close games for almost the entire season.

No, its the woke stuff... what a crock. Its COACHING football, not social rubbish.
    Last edited by pgardn; 11-28-2020 at 03:56 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They are woke though
    At the very least, Texas fans can be happy that they aren’t Michigan.
    Or Arkansas, just because... its Arkansas.

Tom had his chance. He’s not the guy. Time to move on.

Urban Meyer brings a lot of baggage. Good and bad baggage.

He is a proven winner, and if he comes here, will probably bring a natty. We will have to put up with his . But I’m sick of losing. I hope we sign him

If Bird Flippin Herman is canned and UM is hired, do you think that Ewers will flip back to the good guys?

If Bird Flippin Herman is canned and UM is hired, do you think that Ewers will flip back to the good guys?
    There would be plenty of time for anyone in the 2022 class to flip, esp if Longhorns show good improvement in the 2021 season with better leadership. The immediate concern is the 2021 class, which is very disappointing at the moment

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another name being thrown out there today is Mario Cristobal at Oregon. However, IMO it's all in on one guy and there's no thought of second place at the moment.

You place as much $$$$ on the table until Meyer can’t say no. We’ll find out if this is actually a Football School or not.

I posted this on another board with a longer list...

My first phone call & offer would be to...

#1 Kyle Shanahan: Offer him whatever he is making at SanFran (8 digits) and make him say no. I would prefer Kyle over Meyer. I dont think he would accept at this point but he only has a .466 winning percentage in the NFL and that's including the 13-3 super bowl run; so far 2019 looks like an anomaly. I love his offenses.

#2 Urban Meyer. Just stating the obvious.
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 11-28-2020 at 09:49 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeahhhhh, think I'll just opt out for the rest of the season. Good luck guys.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeahhhhh, think I'll just opt out for the rest of the season. Good luck guys.
    No reason to risk injury for nothing

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This has been strangely hush hush. Normally you would hear rumblings or team meetings being held.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No reason to risk injury for nothing
    I like Cosmi. Just a sad statement on the current mindset of the team and that Herman lost them a while back. It's sad seeing a team collapse like this. Hopefully from these ashes will rise a stronger, more resilient team.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This has been strangely hush hush. Normally you would hear rumblings or team meetings being held.
    This is how you want things right now. From what I'm reading out there, I'd bet we all will hear something by this time next week, one way or the other on what UM is going to do. My gut says, if he wants to Coach again, the job is his for the taking. Money is no issue at all.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm sure for recruiting purposes UM will want to hit the ground running ASAP to salvage the class. So, if he is going to be the Coach we'll know something PDQ.

Herman has his weekly PC tomorrow and if that goes on as planned CDC is probably still waiting on an answer. This is all speculative on my part.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I'm going to take a wait and see approach, Saban was ready to come when Mack didn't leave and that fed the whole situation. Best for us, nosey ppl to keep the chatter down, IF, this is really going to happen.

S ey Meyer is a teacher, I believe at OSU. And I looked through her Twitter, didn't see anything yet. We will know shortly

I'm going to take a wait and see approach, Saban was ready to come when Mack didn't leave and that fed the whole situation. Best for us, nosey ppl to keep the chatter down, IF, this is really going to happen.
    S ey Meyer is a teacher, I believe at OSU. And I looked through her Twitter, didn't see anything yet. We will know shortly
    Taking a wait and see approach is prudent. Regardless what is being reported, a done deal hasnt been announced

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TFB and Nahlin said offer is up to 12mil per for 5 years.

Thread Information