Page 109 of 193 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 4810
    InsideTexas lists four potential OL takes:

Jacoby Jackson (6-6/320), OT, Mansfield Summit
    Erick Cade (6-5.5/313), OT, Denton Braswell
    Max Merrill (6-4/275), OT, Strake Jesuit
    Ty Buchanan (6-5/280), OT, Corpus Christi Calallen

Personally, I really like the 6-5/280 hard working, lunch pail type players. I remember when Cosmi was committed and I thought, oh geez, at 265 pounds it's going to take him 3 yrs just to get to playing weight or change positions; man, was I wrong. It seems to be easier to put on good weight for linemen than for already overweight linemen to lose weight.
    Good news if they can land three of them. I always thought Cade as a guard. Take him and sort it out later.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Post Count

Link to see it better: https://texassports.com/do ents/20...epth_Chart.pdf
    One thing that stands out to me on that depth chart is where is Tyler Johnson? Ok, two things, Marcus Washington? I thought he did a good job in week 1.

Two things I noticed about depth chart.Three former Walkons ansdefence was three deep at each position.
    Wish offence was that deep.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Offense
    Defense

those are the correct spellings.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Offense
    Defense

those are the correct spellings.
    THANKS for nothing. Mine was close enough for goverment work.

the MASH unit position.
    Typically that's TE for us. They spontaneously combust like Spinal Tap drummers.

Post Count
    This is Texas' best team in years and we can't even go to the games.

I wouldnt go anyway

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two things I noticed about depth chart.Three former Walkons ansdefence was three deep at each position.
    Wish offence was that deep.
    Your spelling is correct, most notably in the UK.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TV appears to be out on the LHN network for me.
    I watched the replay of the game LHN. The announcers were pitiful imo.
    So this is the year I would actually go I guess.
    I guess I can mute the replay on LHN.

TV appears to be out on the LHN network for me.
    I watched the replay of the game LHN. The announcers were pitiful imo.
    So this is the year I would actually go I guess.
    I guess I can mute the replay on LHN.
    Andre Ware has expressed his dislike of Texas in the past and should NEVER call a game on the LHN again - period. Not only is he biased against Texas but he's boring and not a good play-by-play or color commentary guy.

I listen to Craig Way while watching the game on a streaming service. the problem is the video delay and the live broadcast can be as much as 30 seconds to 2 min apart. This is something that really cant be helped since the video has to go through servers (and that happens even if you watch it on LHN) and the live broadcast audio does not go through as many impedance hardware (including the mandated 5 second delay). For almost 10 yrs I've asked the TexasSports.com if they would put a "delay" sliding scale on the site if someone selects Web audio. That would allow the listener to re the audio to match the video stream, which varies considerably. Obviously, I have not been successful.

That being said, there are also third party programs that will delay the audio coming out of your computer audio/video card. Even if it's not perfect, it works well enough that what I'm hearing is within a second or two of the video, if not better.
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 09-22-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Andre Ware has expressed his dislike of Texas in the past....
    He wanted to play at Texas. Never got the offer. He's admitted it on air.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Andre Ware has expressed his dislike of Texas in the past and should NEVER call a game on the LHN again - period. Not only is he biased against Texas but he's boring and not a good play-by-play or color commentary guy.

I listen to Craig Way while watching the game on a streaming service. the problem is the video delay and the live broadcast can be as much as 30 seconds to 2 min apart. This is something that really cant be helped since the video has to go through servers (and that happens even if you watch it on LHN) and the live broadcast audio does not go through as many impedance hardware (including the mandated 5 second delay). For almost 10 yrs I've asked the TexasSports.com if they would put a "delay" sliding scale on the site if someone selects Web audio. That would allow the listener to re the audio to match the video stream, which varies considerably. Obviously, I have not been successful.

That being said, there are also third party programs that will delay the audio coming out of your computer audio/video card. Even if it's not perfect, it works well enough that what I'm hearing is within a second or two of the video, if not better.
    Thats the Andre... I did not even know and he was boring as crud and would not shut up. Seriously some plays speak for themselves. Silence can be golden. Honestly they need to learn some language from the English soccer announcers. They know when to shut up and they have vocabularies.

God that was awful.
    Much rather have Craig Way.

I will never forget listening to a soccer game when Manchester City had bought the some of the best players in the World.
    The announcer basically said:

"Manchester City in the powder blue; confident, and lavishly assembled."

And then silence to let the roar of boos take over as they were at Manchester United. Thats all. Intro and silence.

Our guys need lessons.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I apologize.
    There was no way to make that game exciting except possibly shutting up.

But you would think they would think about how to approach this type of game by just staying quiet at times.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

He wanted to play at Texas. Never got the offer. He's admitted it on air.
    yep, and he's had a chip on his shoulder for 30 yrs. It seemed to have worked out for him but he likes to bring it up as if it really means anything.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yep, and he's had a chip on his shoulder for 30 yrs. It seemed to have worked out for him but he likes to bring it up as if it really means anything.
    The chip is not as huge as his horrible overall analysis and constant cliches.
    So if he has a big chip,,, fck, he is awful. He needs a different job.
    All these old athletes that cant speak or player speak... its so worn.

It a lucky man who has a jpb he is good at and loves.
    Meanwhile max Merrill has two CBS to Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RIP to Sonny Detmer, one of the greatest high school coaches in Texas high school football history. He was both a good father and great coach

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RIP to Sonny Detmer, one of the greatest high school coaches in Texas high school football history. He was both a good father and great coach
    Agree, he will be missed and I know my cuz will miss him the most.

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The chip is not as huge as his horrible overall analysis and constant cliches.
    So if he has a big chip,,, fck, he is awful. He needs a different job.
    All these old athletes that cant speak or player speak... its so worn.
    I would be curious how the rest of you feel about this
    Has Tony Romo made all other color commentators look bad?

I will go even one step further with something my brother-in-law and I were discussing recently.
    Having heard Romo's quick recognition and analysis of plays in real time, has it changed your perception of his career as a QB?
    Do you now think he was a better QB than you used to think?
    I say all this as never having been a Cowboys fan

Thread Information