My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LB Kendrick Blackshire (Duncanville)

https://247sports.com/Player/Kendric...hire-46042943/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to 24/7, TE Gunnar Helm of Englewood, CO will be making a trip to Austin this weekend.

https://247sports.com/Player/Gunnar-Helm-46098641/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OK State picks up WR John Paul Richardson of Fort Bend Ridge Point.

Son of former A&M QB, Bucky.

https://247sports.com/Player/John-Pa...dson-46050019/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Suchomel at OrangeBloods just posted that he's had Texas' chances of landing the Brockermeyers at 45%.

He said he feels now that's way too high, and that Alabama has a good lead.

He changed his pick to Alabama for them.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Suchomel at OrangeBloods just posted that he's had Texas' chances of landing the Brockermeyers at 45%.

He said he feels now that's way too high, and that Alabama has a good lead.

He changed his pick to Alabama for them.
    24/7 agrees here and believes their commitment to Bama will happen by end of summer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Adios, hermanos.

Signing the Brocks was Texas chance of having a top ten class. Then it not who you get irs what you do withthem.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Bye bye Brocks.

Let’s move on. At least they won’t be recruiting Milroe for Bama in Texas Recruit group chats any more.

Every longhorn fan is going to make a face from here on out when the name Brockermeyer is spoken. But daddy don’t care bout that.

Hand and Herman gotta pull a rabbit out of the hat like Cosmi.

Will be hard to find late bloomers with no h.s. Games.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sure wish they still had some Texas pride in them.

Donot know about a tackle but there is a center rated higher than Tomy that Texas has not offered yet.
    Getting in this late wont get the job done.Some how Texas does not show corcern to OLat least this year.

Sure wish they still had some Texas pride in them.
    Maybe there's more to it than that. I remember when Bruce Matthews came to one of Mack's practices and reports were that he literally laughed out loud at McWhorter's drills and practice regime. And, he ended up sending his sons to A&M and subsequently to the NFL. Maybe former NFL players know what they are looking at and know what system is best suited to get to the next level

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Do you know what kind of a F-up you have to be to not close a sure thing like the Brockermeyers? 3 generations of Brocks have attended Texas, Their older brother is a scholarship linebacker for us. This is a very sad day for Longhorn fans.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Do you know what kind of a F-up you have to be to not close a sure thing like the Brockermeyers? 3 generations of Brocks have attended Texas, Their older brother is a scholarship linebacker for us. This is a very sad day for Longhorn fans.
    Difficult to find a comparison for how big of a loss it is, considering Tommy's ranking and all of the built-in advantages Texas had.

It was a lay-up, and Coach Hand hasn't received a commitment in almost a full year (Conner was 7/23/19).

Ultimately it's on Herman, though.

I think they may have had a better chance landing Tom & James without Luke on the team. If there are questionable practice methods, or locker room negativity, or over the top "wokeness" and pandering, then having a guy on the inside letting the family know what is REALLY going on might not be in the Horn's favor with regards to recruiting his brothers. The question is: will Luke have his scholly taken away after (or if) the Brocks decide to go somewhere else (Bama)? Herman will need the scholly to recruit another LB and Luke will have exceeded his purpose.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think they may have had a better chance landing Tom & James without Luke on the team. If there are questionable practice methods, or locker room negativity, or over the top "wokeness" and pandering, then having a guy on the inside letting the family know what is REALLY going on might not be in the Horn's favor with regards to recruiting his brothers. The question is: will Luke have his scholly taken away after (or if) the Brocks decide to go somewhere else (Bama)? Herman will need the scholly to recruit another LB and Luke will have exceeded his purpose.
    I have a feeling there are a lot of layers to this that we may not know about until a few years down the road, because the twins likely would have committed to Clemson early if James had an offer (Dabo took a center from the East Coast).

Texas came in third, at best, in this race which on the surface seems unbelievable.

I don't see anything happening to Luke unless he's just not happy at Texas.

I have a feeling there are a lot of layers to this that we may not know about until a few years down the road, because the twins likely would have committed to Clemson early if James had an offer (Dabo took a center from the East Coast).
    yep. And, with Clem ahead of the Horns for the Brocks, it kind of flies in the face of those that say that Herman/Hand should have offered James with his brother instead of waiting. Swinney did the same thing and still came out ahead without any legacy connections that I know of and OOS at the same time

You're probably right about Luke but he may find it more comfortable to leave on his own. FWIW, I dont see any problem taking his scholly away regardless.

Yes take his ship and the other three former walk ons. Then sign the four best OL you can get.
    What wrong with Texas,s recruiting? They have offered every Tom and Harry at WR and let highly ranked OL go with out offers till too late just MO.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You don't take his ship out of spite. That'll come back to bite you in the ass in recruiting. Let's be honest, we're in this situation because of our performance. If our Oline didn't look like a turnstile anytime someone threw at stunt at us (OU, Baylor), then we'd probably be in better standing with the Brocks.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Brocks to Bama.

Herman better win or he is gone

Herman better win or he is gone
    Think COVID will save his job through at least 2021. Feels unlikely at best that any college football will be played this year.

Sam will be gone then. That’s the only chance he has.
    I think we should go hard after Patterson. That guy is a better coach than what we have had for the last 6 years

Sam will be gone then. That’s the only chance he has.
    I think we should go hard after Patterson. That guy is a better coach than what we have had for the last 6 years
    By most accounts, Gary Patterson has genuine hatred for all things UT.

Thread Information