WR Ketron Jackson (Royse City)

https://247sports.com/Player/Ketron-Jackson-46041149/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2023 ATH Treyaun Webb (Jacksonville, FL)

https://247sports.com/Player/Treyaun-Webb-46051384/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11406463/Treyaun-Webb

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I respect his stance, but he should understand that he is only hurting himself. If he chooses to go this route, he will be replaced and the game will go on without him and his future will be very much in question.

He has a lot of people on the team that care about him, he is hurting them more than anything. This is just another example of the me generation thinking they are more valuable than the work they do. Without football, he is just a small voice just like the rest of us. As a star athlete, he actually has a chance to be heard. True there are a lot of people that don't want to hear his message, but he has a podium he can voice it. Not to mention he is getting a free education in the process, something most of us had no chance to get.

I respect his stance, but he should understand that he is only hurting himself. If he chooses to go this route, he will be replaced and the game will go on without him and his future will be very much in question.

He has a lot of people on the team that care about him, he is hurting them more than anything. This is just another example of the me generation thinking they are more valuable than the work they do. Without football, he is just a small voice just like the rest of us. As a star athlete, he actually has a chance to be heard. True there are a lot of people that don't want to hear his message, but he has a podium he can voice it. Not to mention he is getting a free education in the process, something most of us had no chance to get.
    I'm not trying to argue with you.

That is the point.

Posted explicit agreement:

• Brennan Eagles
    • Demarvion Overshown
    • Juwan Mitc
    • Tope Imade
    • Denzel Okafor
    • Daniel Young
    • Kobe Boyce
    • Jase Febres (basketball)

Non-Longhorns posting explicit agreement

• Elijah Higgins (Stanford)
    • Bru McCoy (USC)

There are many ways to discuss this situation but I believe the best way to say this is that this is bigger than entertainment/sports. Imagine if he started a revolution for all college sports and pro? Then it wouldn't be about him losing money, (and risking his health and loading up people's pockets that don't even play but "own" the team) everybody would. From the extra rich owners in the NFL that profit from them and give a fraction of what they make, to the team doctors, coaches, etc.

Think about it, where would this country be without sports, then think about if you believe the owners of these sports teams are not nervous about the 70-90% of blacks that play sports.

What I believe he is doing is trying to push the issue. Being true to his convictions of feeling that social justice needs to be looked at. Doesn't seem like it has hit the pro level yet but if it does, there could be a quick turn-around as to what is going to happen...

I dont necessarily disagree but you may be reading FAR more into it and superimposing what you believe into what he says. I dont think it is that complicated or deep.

I dont necessarily disagree but you may be reading FAR more into it and superimposing what you believe into what he says. I dont think it is that complicated or deep.
    I can say that is a big possibility. Interpreting anything is adding a bit of personal spin to it. I will tell you it was not my intention to take away or add to. I simply wanted to express how and what Brennan is doing is more thought out than "him being replaced", bc from his post, that doesn't seem to be an issue... again, perception, though

I dont want to argue but I do believe that people should understand that he doesn't seem to be worried about being passed over by the sport... he seems to be willing to take a stand and be one of the first to make a claim like he did. I call it ball-sy. Anybody and everybody will have their own opinion though
    Last edited by woofwoof; 06-05-2020 at 12:01 AM.

maybe. IMO, it's "ball-sy" if, and only if, he actually means it of which I'm dubious at best. I would have to not only know him personally (which I dont), I would also have to talk to him intimately about whether that was a "look at me" type posting. To state the obvious: if people want to believe it and take it at face value, they will; if they dont, they wont
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 06-05-2020 at 12:41 AM.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He can sit if he wants. More power to him if he feels like this is more important than cashing in that winning lottery ticket. Personally, I'd rather be a millionaire.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There are many ways to discuss this situation but I believe the best way to say this is that this is bigger than entertainment/sports. Imagine if he started a revolution for all college sports and pro? Then it wouldn't be about him losing money, (and risking his health and loading up people's pockets that don't even play but "own" the team) everybody would. From the extra rich owners in the NFL that profit from them and give a fraction of what they make, to the team doctors, coaches, etc.

Think about it, where would this country be without sports, then think about if you believe the owners of these sports teams are not nervous about the 70-90% of blacks that play sports.

What I believe he is doing is trying to push the issue. Being true to his convictions of feeling that social justice needs to be looked at. Doesn't seem like it has hit the pro level yet but if it does, there could be a quick turn-around as to what is going to happen...

The same thing was said back in the 80's when the NFL players union went on strike, but it was the NFL who won by just bringing in scabs. The dollar will always win. These guys might agree with him, but they have families to feed and mortgages to pay. Banks don't care if you have a social stance, they want their money.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    maybe. IMO, it's "ball-sy" if, and only if, he actually means it of which I'm dubious at best. I would have to not only know him personally (which I dont), I would also have to talk to him intimately about whether that was a "look at me" type posting. To state the obvious: if people want to believe it and take it at face value, they will; if they dont, they wont
    Jim Brown walked away from a NFL Career, so it has been done before, but this is doing so with no degree and no 8 year NFL career. His heart is in the right place but it's a risk that might destroy his future.

We would probably see a pretty large increase in population growth.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From the offer board...

WR Troy Stellato (Fort Lauderdale, FL)

https://247sports.com/Player/Troy-Stellato-46059004/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count