Page 81 of 193 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 4810
    I certainly could be wrong but for discussion purposes I think it's a better bet that Eagles or Foster leave early or transfer more so than Ingram. And, it wouldnt surprise me if Overshown's schtick wears on everyone including himself leading to a transfer
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 08-08-2020 at 02:18 PM.

One less ship Alexis commited.

texas4ever missed your post while posting.

Texas adds speedster WR Jaden Alexis to the class.
    Even though Alexis Texas hasnt received the recruiting acclaim that others have, Herman has mentioned that he wanted more speed and Jaden helps out in this regard.
    Does this commitment put pressure on other WRs and does it rule out others like JJ Henry?

Lets hope that Texas is done at WR recruiting. With no one leaving there will be 12 back next year. Only one less than returning OL.

I think they take at least one more WR. There is no way they refuse a JJ Earle if the decides to flip (and that could happen if the Horns have a great season while LSU struggles) but getting Alexis makes missing on Earle far less an issue. I think they will pursue Ketron Jackson if he is willing to commit soon. I'm also not going to rule out Quaydarius Davis (USC) flipping back if the PAC doesnt have a season.
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 08-08-2020 at 02:17 PM.

You are proabily right on taking another WR. Seems like new coaches want thier recruits
    At least they are going after speed. OU been killing teams for years with speed.
    However all the great WRS will not help if QB is on his back due to lack of blocking.
    Maybe more speed at QB will help in this as Card,Jackson and Milroe are faster and more agile than Sam.

rumor starting to gain traction that big10 will cancel season in 72 hours & big12 will add nebraska ohio st penn st & michigan for a season........
    bruh big12 dont fook this up
    yeah, It would be fun but it's likely too late in the season for something like this. I wold LOVE for Texas to crush Cornnut hearts again. hahaha or relegate nebbie to playing ISU, KSU, KU and oSu LOL

There was a LOT of positive talk about Lengyel to Texas for the past week or two but today he chose Baylor. Something happened rather suddenly that changed the momentum.
    Nonetheless, I think this is a good thing for both schools and the player. It does seem odd that Baylor is putting together a better OL class than Texas at this point

There was a LOT of positive talk about Lengyel to Texas for the past week or two but today he chose Baylor. Something happened rather suddenly that changed the momentum.
    Nonetheless, I think this is a good thing for both schools and the player. It does seem odd that Baylor is putting together a better OL class than Texas at this point

Not too suprising Tom got in late two weeks ago have to show interest early. Brocks cost Horns more than just losing them.Highland Park still has a uncommited OL. By some rated higher than Lengyel. Cadeis still around but rest are commited or leaning else where.

Not too suprising Tom got in late two weeks ago have to show interest early. Brocks cost Horns more than just losing them.Highland Park still has a uncommited OL. By some rated higher than Lengyel. Cadeis still around but rest are commited or leaning else where.
    Here's how bad it has gotten with Herb Hand recruiting: Hand just started following another BAYLOR OL commit, Tate Williams. Let me say that again, he just FOLLOWED a 3* Baylor commit.
    https://247sports.com/college/texas/...iams-46101634/

Another 3* OL player from Corpus was just offered by USC...
    https://247sports.com/Player/Ty-Buchanan-46100516/

The state of Texas was stacked with top OL talent this year and Texas was expected to get their share of talent in the 2021 class. But Hand is showing that he desperately needs recruiting help right now and that's a hurdle Herman cant afford to jump every year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any word on Tony Fields possibly ending up at Texas?

Can Tony block?
    Have not heard any thing on Fields commiting. Texas was in his top three and leading. Old infro proabily.

Here's how bad it has gotten with Herb Hand recruiting: Hand just started following another BAYLOR OL commit, Tate Williams. Let me say that again, he just FOLLOWED a 3* Baylor commit.
    https://247sports.com/college/texas/...iams-46101634/

Another 3* OL player from Corpus was just offered by USC...
    https://247sports.com/Player/Ty-Buchanan-46100516/

The state of Texas was stacked with top OL talent this year and Texas was expected to get their share of talent in the 2021 class. But Hand is showing that he desperately needs recruiting help right now and that's a hurdle Herman cant afford to jump every year.
    If Tom does not win big this season conference and bowl wins, he proably wont have to worry about recruiting.Maybe a gteat offence will save him.

Any word on Tony Fields possibly ending up at Texas?
    Before the visit, apparently his decision was down to Texas and Minnesota. I think the consensus now after his visit Wednesday is that Texas leads and he should commit soon.
    A huge positive here, IMO, is that I think PJ Fleck is a good evaluator of talent as is Herman and his staff and both programs want Fields, which is a good sign. I think a big assist is due Chris Adimora who was Fields sponsor on the visit and both were already friends from the left coast. However, he needs to commit soon so that he can make it back to Austin for the fall camp if he expects to compete for the two-deep LB positions
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 08-09-2020 at 11:49 AM.

the Brocks were suppose to be in the nest by the end of last year or at least by the spring to go along with Hyden. Foster really liked Texas (mother is an aggy) and Byrd was leaning Texas so the expectation was that either would commit before the season started. wow... how things have changed... At this point, Hand is being out-recruited by former Longhorn OL coach, Joe Wickline, who is at Baylor. what a kick in the nuts
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 08-09-2020 at 12:22 PM.

What else is there to say OL recruiting can get no worse. I belive Hand can coach but if you can not get them how do you expect to coach them up.
    Some thing is wrongwhat I have no idea.Lack of detail to OL recruiting? Does Hand need help? RB coach has been getting help so maybe Jay can help Hand. It all falls on Tom maybe he should step up.
    Meanwhile they will go for another WR and LB.

Post Count
    Before the visit, apparently his decision was down to Texas and Minnesota. I think the consensus now after his visit Wednesday is that Texas leads and he should commit soon.
    A huge positive here, IMO, is that I think PJ Fleck is a good evaluator of talent as is Herman and his staff and both programs want Fields, which is a good sign. I think a big assist is due Chris Adimora who was Fields sponsor on the visit and both were already friends from the left coast. However, he needs to commit soon so that he can make it back to Austin for the fall camp if he expects to compete for the two-deep LB positions
    I'm probably wrong on this, but couldve swore that Fields is still taking a class or is very close to being done. Maybe that is the holdup?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Transfer Tarik Black

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I certainly could be wrong but for discussion purposes I think it's a better bet that Eagles or Foster leave early or transfer more so than Ingram. And, it wouldnt surprise me if Overshown's schtick wears on everyone including himself leading to a transfer
    I'd be really surprised at this stage if Eagles left. I think there was some chatter awhile back about a possibility of that, but things have gone well for him since. He's considered possibly the top wideout (especially outside spots) that we have and is expected to be a real star.
    'Course, we may not have a season--at least for awhile--so we'll see

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I'm probably wrong on this, but couldve swore that Fields is still taking a class or is very close to being done. Maybe that is the holdup?
    That makes a lot of sense based on the tight timeline.

Thread Information