Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Murray staring is one of the reasons this team is garbage. This dude can't run an offense, doesn't know how to run in transition and is reluctant to shoot. White is much better and coming into the season I thought that was laughable but when watching the Spurs I feel so much more comfortable watching White run the show. Then you have Spurs fans on twitter that defend DJ like he's god but he sucks right now and if he's your starting PG you will be in the lottery for years. If the Spurs don't get a top 5 pick I'll be glad when they Draft Nico Mannon as the PG of the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this pos got an extension so quick compared to other current/former spurs after their rookie contracts, hasnt proven

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still a trade able asset, keep playing him. I'm thinking it's very likely he'll be traded because he's just not good enough around

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a selling point to Kawhi. Maybe that’s why Kawhi left.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think he will be a good player. Pop is holding the young players back. I think if Pop was letting him play we would see him more like he started the season. Once Pop is gone he will be better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree that he’s been bad tbh. Can’t run offense bc can’t dribble and can’t shoot. Start White tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only thing his good at is being IG kent and opening his big mouth about kawhi, only not to back it up..

patfo fail when they extended him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been bad but so has White, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mans is coming off an ACL injury. the sniffer squad needs its targets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok when is the coming off an injury (more than a year ago) no longer an excuse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok when is the coming off an injury (more than a year ago) no longer an excuse?
    Takes a season regardless. But in saying that, Pop had used him differently. Spurs should be playing faster and he should be going after offensive rebounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So next year when he is all healed up his basketball a en will improve?
    I hope so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness the two studs on the Spurs DDR and LMA want to play at a plodding one on one pace and that does not suit Murray’s game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So next year when he is all healed up his basketball a en will improve?
    I hope so.
    Zach Lavine tore his ACL but when he returned he still l=knew how to play basketball. Then you have weirdos on Spurs Twitter claiming that Murray is a better player than DeRozan smh!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man so many drama queens in this board were the did they all come from?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be a reason the spurs are struggling. With him out a whole year, the spurs had a great season last year. It was in fact one of my favorite seasons. The team had little talent but played cohesively and significantly overachieved. Murray was one of the main addition and this year the spurs struggled tremendously. The two things could be coincidental but they could also be related.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be a reason the spurs are struggling. With him out a whole year, the spurs had a great season last year. It was in fact one of my favorite seasons. The team had little talent but played cohesively and significantly overachieved. Murray was one of the main addition and this year the spurs struggled tremendously. The two things could be coincidental but they could also be related.
    Exactly the 2nd half of last season was fun as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically this. I wanted to (and did) pay to watch games in person last year bc the team was more fun. This year it’s , and Murray being shoe horned into the offense is a big reason. That and Bert is gone, who always was around to hit big shots. Now we rely on Forbes who sucks ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wish Derozan wasn't banged up in January last year. It really took off some of the momentum he built in a great start to the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched all 82 games that season and even though there were some terrible games, there were a lot more thrilling victories that really brought optimism going into the playoffs. This season, even though we did beat some teams, including good ones, I have yet seen one victory that gives me any optimism. When we win, we barely squeak past the opponent and when we lose it is in an embarrassing fashion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray will improve but his issues are obvious and he's a player who needs specific types of players around him to cover for his weaknesses, while not being good enough to warrant having a team built around him. In the right situation he could grow to have a Draymond Green type of impact but the way this current team is constructed he'd really be better off coming off the bench if he wasn't so insecure and pouty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been bad cause he's not a PG. He's a 3-and-D SG and can be a better one than Danny Green

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This year, Bryn, Marco, and rudy suddenly forgot how to shoot. But let's blame the poor kid who's coming off a torn acl . I give dejounte until next februarys trade deadline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Came on guys, its impossible to say the thread le is not true...
    The fact is that:
    1) DJM just came back from a season ending injury that takes usually an entire season to be forgotten;
    2) DJM has always had limited court vision and limited outside shooting...otherwise no way he was available with our pick;
    3) What he had was athletic skills notb that easy to find and a strong will to learn and develop...that's what has made him precious in the patfo eyes...
    4) before the injury he showed improvement in his court vision and after the injury he has shown improvement in his shooting skills
    5) that said what he probably will have very limited chance to improve is his feel for the game...and that is bad, very bad for what should be considered our starting and finishing pg...

DJM is a poor's man Westbrook, whose skills are more oriented in the defense than in the offense...he relies on his athletic skills and not in his feeling for the game skills.
    That's why I think he's gonna improve a lot next season (till the vhance to be an al star player), but that's also why I would never give him the reins of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been bad cause he's not a PG. He's a 3-and-D SG and can be a better one than Danny Green
    Disagree - his best defense comes against PGs, not against wings. And a 3-D SG shoots. Murray is extremely reluctant to shoot. He's at his best being an off the ball PG with a point forward type of player next to him, but he still needs to shoot and hit a lot of 3s and he's a long way off right now.

Thread Information