Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you groom him into a PG he has to work on too many things at once
    do you think he can come off a pick and read when the big is laying off and make a simple foul line pull up?

Until he can do that, wont matter how athletic he is, he will not be our guy going forward.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This video is an example that when Murray handles the basketball, the Spurs' offense just looks discombobulated. These are full highlights.

looking at these highlights murray does not read coverages well.

murray gets two on ball screens the first one at 2:22. does not preliminarily space his defender prior to coming off the pick to stretch out the passing window to his big and open the floor up more which would have looked like this.

as result dribbles into congestion with poetl attempting to roll but not having the spacing for it. that is not poetl's fault. goes 1v1 and throws the ball away.

if he initially requests a higher pick from his big he could have had more space to operate with and if he pulls out the defender prior to coming off the pick poetl gets a bigger passing window to receive the basketball than he was given. did not read the defense well here.

the other on ball screen is later on in the video.

curls around aldrige with the defender on his hip. passes up the best shot in basketball after the lay up, the foul line pull up, and hits aldrige late without drawing his defender away from him first forcing him to go 1v1. if he hits aldrige earlier it lets him catch it in stride and in rhythm to the basket which would have looked like this.

needs to work on reading coverages, opening up his passing windows, and making the foul line pull up the defense is going to give him. if these highlights are indicative of the entire season it means he is not working off screens a lot which means he has been trying to score on his own a lot. there is your problem.
    Last edited by Tragedy; 02-14-2020 at 04:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking at these highlights murray does not read coverages well.

murray gets two on ball screens the first one at 2:22. does not preliminarily space his defender prior to coming off the pick to stretch out the passing window to his big and open the floor up more which would have looked like this.

as result dribbles into congestion with poetl attempting to roll but not having the spacing for it. that is not poetl's fault. goes 1v1 and throws the ball away.

if he initially requests a higher pick from his big he could have had more space to operate with and if he pulls out the defender prior to coming off the pick poetl gets a bigger passing window to receive the basketball than he was given. did not read the defense well here.

the other on ball screen is later on in the video.

curls around aldrige with the defender on this hip. passes up the best shot in basketball after the lay up, the foul line pull up, and hits aldrige late without drawing his defender away from him first forcing him to go 1v1. if he hits aldrige earlier it lets him catch it in stride and in rhythm to the basket which would have looked like this.

needs to work on reading coverages, opening up his passing windows, and making the foul line pull up the defense is going to give him. if these highlights are indicative of the entire season it means he is not working off screens a lot which means he has been trying to score on his own a lot. there is your problem.
    Thanks for taking the time to put together this excellent video tutorial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this pos got an extension so quick compared to other current/former spurs after their rookie contracts, hasnt proven
    Truth nuke per par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who is the "anyone" the sees his growth as Compe ion?
    spurstalk

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kid is just a natural leader and he clearly wants to be great. He's gon kill it next season, but I'm really curious to see how he plays the next 28 games

just like he was gonna kill in this season? xd he wont be much better

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just like he was gonna kill in this season? xd he wont be much better
    What does Spurspl mean anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been bad cause he's not a PG. He's a 3-and-D SG and can be a better one than Danny Green
    Idk about that...do you see him ever shooting 55% from 3 in a Finals series (as Danny did in 2013)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Forbes. Only on the spurs will he be able to actually keep his role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, the Anti Pop schtick crowd think this kid has real potential, just like Pop does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^I'm anti-Pop and I've been saying that the Spurs should have drafted Brogdon since the moment they selected Dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^I'm anti-Pop and I've been saying that the Spurs should have drafted Brogdon since the moment they selected Dejounte.
    I was skeptical of Brogdon tbh bc of his pussy mentality in the playoffs but he no doubt has better skills than Murray. If he had Murray’s (IG) confidence though he would be the best guard in the East.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who is the "anyone" the sees his growth as Compe ion?
    Hes dumber than a rock. Worst pg. Worse than lonzo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was skeptical of Brogdon tbh bc of his pussy mentality in the playoffs but he no doubt has better skills than Murray. If he had Murray’s (IG) confidence though he would be the best guard in the East.
    I think he's a gamer, tbh. Statistically, he takes and makes clutch buckets. Honestly, I didn't see much of him in the playoffs though. Still, I would rather have him over DJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's a gamer, tbh. Statistically, he takes and makes clutch buckets. Honestly, I didn't see much of him in the playoffs though. Still, I would rather have him over DJ.
    It’s a small sample size so it’s not like I base his whole career on it but he shrinks in the postseason. Last year he was coming off an injury and maybe that’s why he struggled but when I watch him play, it seems like the moment is too big for him. It’s fixable for sure and I agree about having him over DJ but if DJ were to hit then you’re looking at the same type of player anyway. The injury really cost Murray in his development. But him and White look good together in the few minutes they do share to court

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current nba fans call a 6 foot 8 player who can dunk an athelete... lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's actually getting there. You'd know if you had watched the last 3 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's actually getting there. You'd know if you had watched the last 3 games
    It's amazing how good ALL of our young players look, sans Demar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you think he can come off a pick and read when the big is laying off and make a simple foul line pull up?

Until he can do that, wont matter how athletic he is, he will not be our guy going forward.
    I always feel that he should be the 2 guard with White being our PG especially with Murray improving at the 3 ptr. Plus I somehow feel that the 2 of team are genuine friends rather than just teammates. Their back court would be very good and I hope it happens when DDR and Forbes leave in the upcoming off season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always feel that he should be the 2 guard with White being our PG especially with Murray improving at the 3 ptr. Plus I somehow feel that the 2 of team are genuine friends rather than just teammates. Their back court would be very good and I hope it happens when DDR and Forbes leave in the upcoming off season.
    Oh...You poor deluded bas .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh...You poor deluded bas .
    One can always hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One can always hope.
    The dude is getting a 3 year $21 million deal in the summer. I can’t wait to browse this forum when it happens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude is getting a 3 year $21 million deal in the summer. I can’t wait to browse this forum when it happens
    That's a best case scenario. I can easily see them throwing more money at Fobbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ just commented on Lonnie’s IG post “I swear we gone take over this when we get the OPPORTUNITY Brother” The post was struggling together and eventually reaping the benefits of it. It’s a pic of Lonnie and Dj embracing.

Shade at DeRozan ???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, but they almost there though.

Thread Information