Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop doesn't leave this post-season, then by definition, we have not hit rock bottom yet.
    I think missing the playoffs is rock bottom but I feel if Pop stays it's pretty much the equivalent of the alcoholic dying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think missing the playoffs is rock bottom but I feel if Pop stays it's pretty much the equivalent of the alcoholic dying.
    The alcoholic dying would be a much too permanent condition. It's more like he gets a one-year, all-you-can-drink gift card from Budweiser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?! You are arguing that the players that PATFO chose to complement Leonard don't compete, don't hate to lose and are happy to collect checks...
    That's exactly my contention. Yes.

no, it's all about Pop
    He is definitely responsible for the failure we're seeing on the floor. His stubbornness when it comes to rotations is easily his biggest fault. Just once, I'd like a reporter ask Pop if he believes "compe iveness" can be coached. This team takes losing way too easy & there isn't one winner on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is "the future" of Spurs?
    Lonnie against the Kings

And people on ST blame Forbes....

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still triggered by fellow spurs fans and Lonnie. Haha

Focusing on the 21yo rook who has the shortest leash . You used to have good takes . They all seem redundant and have gone to .

Let the fanatism go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's not some cool and collected thing on his part. My guess is that Pop is in his ear telling Lonnie to be three-and-D, and it makes Walker hesitate on any shot other than the corner-three. In reality, Pop needs to run plays for Walker, because with Gay and White on the court, the offense won't naturally allow for a third ball-handler. Lonnie definitely presses when he gets the ball. He's not going to ruin the possession running into a brick wall, but he will try to exploit any crease he finds with no real ability to finish. If he got more plays called for him, not only would he be better in situations where he has the ball and needs to attack, but he'd be less likely to try to attack just to get a touch.
    Yeah, I believe Lonnie hears Pop's voice every time he touches the ball.. If his first couple shots don't fall he's gonna have a game. One of these young players we draft or drafted needs to have a willingness to be "the man" and it just seems like a bunch of wimps deferring to vets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I believe Lonnie hears Pop's voice every time he touches the ball.. If his first couple shots don't fall he's gonna have a game. One of these young players we draft or drafted needs to have a willingness to be "the man" and it just seems like a bunch of wimps deferring to vets
    I watched one game where Lonnie checked in...fouled someone like a minute into the game, then started looking over at the bench to see if he was gonna get subbed...the kid is completely neutered...it's super sad to see

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    I tried to tell spurfan these young players are nothing special. career role players with no business starting on a le team. if this team was relying on them instead of LMA/DeFrozan the way other teams are relying on their rookie contract players, they would be at the bottom of the league with the knicks and hawks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried to tell spurfan these young players are nothing special. career role players with no business starting on a le team. if this team was relying on them instead of LMA/DeFrozan the way other teams are relying on their rookie contract players, they would be at the bottom of the league with the knicks and hawks.
    We already at the bottom of the league lmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fine but they wouldn't do that if both DeMar and Aldridge were gone like most people want. The reason the team looks better is because the team has went back to playing through Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fine but they wouldn't do that if both DeMar and Aldridge were gone like most people want. The reason the team looks better is because the team has went back to playing through Aldridge.
    I'm not a DeRozan or LMA hater. I dont think either White or Murray can carry an offense for an entire season like those guys have throughout their careers.

The point of the tweet was that usage matters. It's not an excuse its just facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    49 points, 17 rebounds, 11 rebounds and a W.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And of pop didn't have a fetish for forms and nelli the spurs probably go 2-0 with out derozan stunting the growth

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a DeRozan or LMA hater. I dont think either White or Murray can carry an offense for an entire season like those guys have throughout their careers.

The point of the tweet was that usage matters. It's not an excuse its just facts.
    No get what you're saying but the dude who's tweet you used is a serious sniffer. H e sniffs Murray jock strap all day long but I agree they have talent and can play better than they have and I hope they do. I really want Derrick White to explode because I remember playing with him on the basketball courts of Aurora and dude could ball back then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No get what you're saying but the dude who's tweet you used is a serious sniffer. H e sniffs Murray jock strap all day long but I agree they have talent and can play better than they have and I hope they do. I really want Derrick White to explode because I remember playing with him on the basketball courts of Aurora and dude could ball back then.
    Both sides are wrong.

Why hate on the young guys or blame the older stars when we have Brent Forms starting? DD, LMA, White, Murray, Lonnie are the five best players on the team. This should never be a young guys vs. older stars argument. They all need big minutes. These guys should be sharing the court often. Simplest way to do that is to throw Brent in the trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever we would trade them for would be here...and would probably be a better more modern fit

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever we would trade them for would be here...and would probably be a better more modern fit
    I take nothing you say seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both sides are wrong.

Why hate on the young guys or blame the older stars when we have Brent Forms starting? DD, LMA, White, Murray, Lonnie are the five best players on the team. This should never be a young guys vs. older stars argument. They all need big minutes. These guys should be sharing the court often. Simplest way to do that is to throw Brent in the trash.
    this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. LMA can easily set the table, and also score close in when DD is not playing. He plays MUCH better off of the triplets than off of DD, no matter who else is in there. When DD plays, LMA is ineffective if his long jumper isn't falling. He just checks out. There was one beautiful fast break where Derrick, with his head up, spotted LMA just burying his man on a seal in the paint, and DW put a perfect over the top pass right on the mark for a dunk. DD would have just kept dribbling into the paint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the FO was competent enough to make good trades

Thread Information