View Poll Results: The Spurs bottom will be:

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rainbows burst out of Pop’s butt; how dare you!

4 14.81%
  • Spurs will earn a record 23rd straight playoff appearance and keep going

2 7.41%
  • Spurs may or may not make the playoffs this year, but a nosedive is imminent

4 14.81%
  • Spurs will be last in their division within the next four years

2 7.41%
  • Spurs will be bottom three in the western conference within five years

1 3.70%
  • Spurs will be bottom three in the NBA within six years

3 11.11%
  • Spurs will be the worst team in the league at some point in the 2020's

8 29.63%
  • Present

3 11.11%
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Predict when and how bad the Spurs bottom will be....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will lose 50 games this year.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    "Spurs will be last in their division within the next four years"... i wouldn't be surprised if the spurs finished this season last in their division. they're already pretty close as it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs' bottom is entirely dependent upon how long Pop sticks around, so there's no way to really vote on the selections provided.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs' bottom is entirely dependent upon how long Pop sticks around, so there's no way to really vote on the selections provided.
    It's called a prediction for a reason, bruh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predicted 30 wins soo ill stick with it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The year the Spurs hit bottom will be the year immediately prior to the departure of the Old Asshole. I'd like to think it is this season, but I am not optimistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about rock bottom, but by the end of the RRT only GS and Minny will be below us in the West. Unfortunately there will still probably be 6 if not 7 teams with worse records in the East. I don't know how hard those teams will tank after the ASG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to have a floor beneath you before you can hit the bottom. This streak could carry over to next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People fail to realize this Spurs team has absolutely no future. We’ll be bottom feeders of the NBA for the next 20+ years, like the Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People fail to realize this Spurs team has absolutely no future. We’ll be bottom feeders of the NBA for the next 20+ years, like the Knicks.
    Certainly possible. But I think the Spurs are historic enough of a franchise that they will be able to attract good coaches and front office people - unless ownership sinks to the Dolan level - again, given the current malaise, certainly possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certainly possible. But I think the Spurs are historic enough of a franchise that they will be able to attract good coaches and front office people - unless ownership sinks to the Dolan level - again, given the current malaise, certainly possible.
    We couldn’t even attract talent when we were elite. Now that we suck, ain’t no way we’re attracting anyone to come here. No one wants to be in San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We couldn’t even attract talent when we were elite. Now that we suck, ain’t no way we’re attracting anyone to come here. No one wants to be in San Antonio.
    You are talking about players. We have had all kinds of coaching talent, and I think a historic franchise like the Spurs will not have a problem attracting an excellent new regime - IF ownership recognizes it and acts accordingly. Some excellent coach looking to make a name for himself will jump at the opportunity to resurrect this franchise. It will be in ashes when Pop finally departs. Plus, the Spurs ownership obviously prizes continuity and stability. They'll give a new coach a lot of rope. Coaches are much less interested in exciting night life than young athletes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are talking about players. We have had all kinds of coaching talent, and I think a historic franchise like the Spurs will not have a problem attracting an excellent new regime - IF ownership recognizes it and acts accordingly. Some excellent coach looking to make a name for himself will jump at the opportunity to resurrect this franchise. It will be in ashes when Pop finally departs. Plus, the Spurs ownership obviously prizes continuity and stability. They'll give a new coach a lot of rope. Coaches are much less interested in exciting night life than young athletes.
    I also meant coaches. Who did we attract? Jim Boylen? Everyone else jumped away from the Spurs the moment they could.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also meant coaches. Who did we attract? Jim Boylen? Everyone else jumped away from the Spurs the moment they could.
    Everybody got a better gig, dude. Maybe last season the coaches left for different reasons, but historically Spurs guys have stayed a long while, learned their craft and gotten better gigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is actually a thread that you gotta wonder about with the trajectory we are on. I had a long conversation with some Spurs fans in Austin, Texas tonight with the basic premise being 'we are pretty ing spoiled' that last 20 years. I don't think we'll necessarily be any worse than we are now next year, but that's not exactly a high bar. I'll need to re-read the prediction options, but we are out of the playoffs for the first time in 22 years and barring some miraculous turn around that's where are staying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing i see is that this team isn't any worse than last year. It's the same team this year and will be next year. LAst year's team got lucky because i think more teams tanked in what looked like another warrior cake walk. So the spurs got lucky and Derrick White played well.

I think "worse team in the league" is subjective. The warriors are the worse this year but are obviously fine in the long run. the spurs aren't the worse now but don't have a future.

I don't think they'll ever bottom out into a top 5 pick. They'll get another set of "nice" players and try again. The odds of finding a kawhi or getting a lottery win be too temptingfor a team not used to true tanking.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing i see is that this team isn't any worse than last year. It's the same team this year and will be next year. LAst year's team got lucky because i think more teams tanked in what looked like another warrior cake walk. So the spurs got lucky and Derrick White played well.

I think "worse team in the league" is subjective. The warriors are the worse this year but are obviously fine in the long run. the spurs aren't the worse now but don't have a future.

I don't think they'll ever bottom out into a top 5 pick. They'll get another set of "nice" players and try again. The odds of finding a kawhi or getting a lottery win be too temptingfor a team not used to true tanking.
    Gay and LMA were more spry. Players like White have actually regressed. Gregg starting Lyles and Forbes; I don't think the players are exactly motivated that the guys who should be about 11 and 13 in the pecking order are getting such perks either.

It would be nice if the Spurs got a top five pick for all their dysfunctional, but as I said, Pop's ego won't allow him to do a true tank job. Maybe in a few years if we suck enough regardless though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Darius Bieber;10063592]I also meant coaches. Who did we attract? Jim Boylen? Everyone else jumped away from the Spurs the moment they could.

Do you mean all the coaches who left the Spurs for professional advancement opportunities earned as a result of their time Here?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are definitely finishing with a bottom 3 record in the Western conference this year.

The pop s couldn't have been more wrong about this team and should never be heard from again.

Imagine building your team around an antiquated, perennial loser like DeRozan, then making Butt Forbes the main supporting piece.

What a dumb organization.

Thread Information