Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

this offseason, what underwhelming and disappointing moves do they make / not make?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    hopefully the spurs' offseason doesn't consist of maxing demar and resigning forbes for $8 million a year... then running it back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF is wrong with Brian Wright's Eybrows? Alopicia? It can't be from fighting that Urkel doughy lookin isn't gettin into scraps.
    He try to get AD from free agent market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of the four he and pop have the most punch-able faces

Id def say rc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wrights track record has been pretty bad. The Kawhi trade is case and point tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Brian Wrights track record has been pretty bad. The Kawhi trade is case and point tbh.
    the dude spent two years working for the pistons and worked for the magic before then

front offices usually take members from somewhat successful / up and coming organizations... wtf...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh, get serious. Brian Wright is nobody. As long as Pop is around, Wright can't go to the men's room without raising his hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, get serious. Brian Wright is nobody. As long as Pop is around, Wright can't go to the men's room without raising his hand.
    Its been reported by several people that he took the lead on the Kawhi trade...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is scary is that Peter Holt is so young and inexperienced that he will be played by Pop and RC, and buy into their rebuild plans. He's not like some grizzled self made billionaire who came up learning how to discern bull ters and fire people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get Jae Crowder and bench him for a year. That sounds like a good off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its been reported by several people that he took the lead on the Kawhi trade...

No, it has not. It's been reported in a media puff piece that he was allowed to answer the phone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most bad teams like sacto and NYK have a powerful owner and it's probably a punch in the gut to see spursfans berate their historically successful front office. The only real influence of Holt has been "go cheap" which is the same as phoenix yet SA made it work the Suns have not yet. The teams who can improve through trades are those who know what they need and are willing to pay the price to get trades. SA doesn't know what's going on, and wants to be cheap.

The first role of the team is to sell tickets, which requires "stars" and you can see this team panic about having to sell tickets through a down period. But i don't think they are being obtuse about their place. Right now there's no real need to do anything drastic, the moves they can do are the same as what happens in the summer and even the difference between letting the big two leave without a trade and "blowing it up" are pretty similar.

Finally, we should talk about what "blowing it up means" because to many people it means trading derozan for some sad sack player to continue the muddled direction of the team. Blowing it up should mean trading murray, white, poertle, and maybe lonnie. I see few people trying to minmax a true tank. So anyone who wanted a trade for non-all star, non lottery talent should use "spinning the wheels" instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly the sky isn't falling as much as the forums think it is. It's becoming evident we're not going to be a playoff team this year, but if we miss the playoffs then the wheels might as well fall off as the season comes to an end then we get a higher draft pick and it should be CLEAR who we can and can't keep. Not into the idea of resigning Forbes but at the very least he's played himself out of any kind of real payday.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    What is scary is that Peter Holt is so young and inexperienced that he will be played by Pop and RC, and buy into their rebuild plans. He's not like some grizzled self made billionaire who came up learning how to discern bull ters and fire people.
    agreed. pop has all the leeway in the world...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Honestly the sky isn't falling as much as the forums think it is. It's becoming evident we're not going to be a playoff team this year, but if we miss the playoffs then the wheels might as well fall off as the season comes to an end then we get a higher draft pick and it should be CLEAR who we can and can't keep. Not into the idea of resigning Forbes but at the very least he's played himself out of any kind of real payday.
    a higher pick is good but i haven't seen optimistic signs of PATFO doing things better in general going forward...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    changes have to be coming this offseason, right? or is pop gonna rely on internal improvement again?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    la will ask for a trade this summer.

inb4 PATFO move him for mason plumlee and will barton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    changes have to be coming this offseason, right? or is pop gonna rely on internal improvement again?

But after two games everyone was sure dejounte was a beast and we were on our way to the post season again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ll run this same team back next year...minus Poetl as they won’t want to pay him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ll run this same team back next year...minus Poetl as they won’t want to pay him.
    dont forget the possible bryn and derozan exstensions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont forget the possible bryn and derozan exstensions
    Geez. Pop will probably give them their extensions, then retire and then give the fans the bird as he walks out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this offseason, what underwhelming and disappointing moves do they make / not make?
    I predict RC will chew through his bindings with those rodent teeth and escape the franchise. Then Gregg will do the USA basketball thing and try to coach another season but maybe step back near Christmas to let Becky take over. The other two will be basically props.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the record of other "playoff streak keepers"?

Anybody looked into it?

Utah had 20

Philly/Syracuse(total bull to me) with 22

each franchise entered into a 4-5 year period of

Even if you count the teams periods of dominance where they missed one or two years within that time span, once its over its followed by a long period of being CRAP. Dallas, Lakers, Boston all became bottom feeders.

As others have pointed out the fickle Cowboys Cultist who've been masquerading as spurs fans in FatAntonio ain't gonna support a loosing period off 4 years...
    ergo, it is SKY IS FALLING the Spurs Franchise is on the Precipice looking down into a period where they will become sit loose support of the Cowboys Cultist and LEAVE the city.

You even using the "if we miss the playoffs"
    These other teams allow their Gangrene infected limb to be amputated and they qualified for medicaid which eventually netted them some pretty good solutions. The Spurs keep dragging that dead limb along trying to show up to a party when they cannot dance because hey, post season tickets! The demise of the big 3 and then Danny and Kawhi's departure should have initiated the self destruct sequence but the hobbled franchise keeps trodding along like a ing zombie waiting for some living being to put an arrow through its head.

Patty Mills is the only one left from the 2014 team. Everyone else was either foisted upon us or some obscure acquisition or hopeful due to someone else retiring or being forced to retire due to injury. I mean, Tony was starting with some of the worst playing of his career. How can you expect a Frankenstein team like that to do anything? It seems like a sham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict RC will chew through his bindings with those rodent teeth and escape the franchise. Then Gregg will do the USA basketball thing and try to coach another season but maybe step back near Christmas to let Becky take over. The other two will be basically props.

Spurs should of hired bud when atl let him go but pop wasnt ready. Rc is now head of spurs sports and whatever so were left with brian 5'4 wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This franchise is so ed right now

Thread Information