Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Just didn't jell" with the genius on court, is code for he thinks he's a low IQ player. This was obvious early on, when he went out of his way to compliment Lyles' IQ.

That begs the question, why was he signed in the first place then? It's not like he was wasn't a known commodity. It either speaks to front office dysfunction or the extent and longevity of the genius being out of touch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st, pop if he did indeed let some personal power trip affect the team's performance or trade value of an asset
    2nd, isn't it gel??
    3rd, if Carroll was so low iq then why the was he signed in the first place - to 3 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad... and ugly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure that I believe that it's a b-ball thing at all (low b-ball IQ seems a bit of an excuse with some of the people we have played over the years...). "Just didn't jell" sounds a lot more like personalities - did Demarre wear a MAGA hat to practice one day?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Just didn't jell" with the genius on court, is code for he thinks he's a low IQ player. This was obvious early on, when he went out of his way to compliment Lyles' IQ.

That begs the question, why was he signed in the first place then? It's not like he was wasn't a known commodity. It either speaks to front office dysfunction or the extent and longevity of the genius being out of touch.
    The dysfuntion would be more disconnet between the new Gm and coach who also doubles as the boss of the gm as president.

So we now know. Not surprised. In pop doghouse from get go. Why sign him?

Demarri not playing and his comments now isnt a good look for the spurs. Wtf is lord pops plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, this looks really bad on the Spurs part. He can still play but he can't because the coach and him don't "gel". Its not like he has a rep for being a headcase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs also nuked his trade value by not playing him. Teams think he's done because Pop isn't playing him but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the quality of his game but because of Pop's preferences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the Spurs sign him to make sure the Lakers or Clippers didn't?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious to see how much he'd be asked to give back. Also, Spurs better waive Belinelli too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why Pop needs to step down and sniffers gotta stop with the “5 rings” crap. Pop’s dictator style does not fly in today’s NBA and it’s not surprising anymore that no one wants to play here and we’re stuck with high character G League scrubs that “fall in line.” I won’t be surprised if majority of the young guys decide to pull a Nephew and bail on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why Pop needs to step down and sniffers gotta stop with the “5 rings” crap. Pop’s dictator style does not fly in today’s NBA and it’s not surprising anymore that no one wants to play here and we’re stuck with high character G League scrubs that “fall in line.” I won’t be surprised if majority of the young guys decide to pull a Nephew and bail on the team.
    nobody is saying 5 rings at all. It's just that it's not worth jerry sloaning pop for ing demarre carrol. It think Carroll was brought to be a mentor and to gell with derozan and LMA as a similar age player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody is saying 5 rings at all. It's just that it's not worth jerry sloaning pop for ing demarre carrol. It think Carroll was brought to be a mentor and to gell with derozan and LMA as a similar age player.
    It’s been going on before Carroll. If you don’t fall in line with Pop’s mind games and dictatorship, you’re out. Just look at the talent we’re left with now. All washed up vets and high culture g league scrubs that know how to follow orders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s been going on before Carroll. If you don’t fall in line with Pop’s mind games and dictatorship, you’re out. Just look at the talent we’re left with now. All washed up vets and high culture g league scrubs that know how to follow orders.
    Who's around to challenge pop? no one that i can see...becky is of course too respectful and deferential to a senior and a legend, and timmy aint the type we all know.
    He knows his team sucks and he's just phoning it in

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's around to challenge pop? no one that i can see...becky is of course too respectful and deferential to a senior and a legend, and timmy aint the type we all know.
    He knows his team sucks and he's just phoning it in
    I agree. Popovich does not have the veteran coach on his staff to sound off or be challenged. Ettore Messina is really missed, and would have been great to take over. Sometimes when you have unchecked power, you dont see the mistakes you make. I dont think the Carroll situation would not be as it is if Messina was here. If you could integrate Trey Lyles quickly, then Carroll could have been also. Check AND balances.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Pop is a legend but he like Sloan tried to stay to long he can not relate to the #MeTo movement kids today he needs to retire. The thing that pisses me off I don’t think we have any plan of what we are going to to when the old goat hangs it up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, pop was Duncan, and you and most of the NBA respected Duncan. So anything pre 2016 is Duncan, because Duncan supported pop. If Duncan wanted to save a player they'd do it.

These days? I guess but the front office needs pop to sell tickets. Don't expect any killing of the golden cow until the cost becomes absolutely too high. So even if you think pop is harming the team, you can't expect any relief. The man will retire when he wants. Sometimes bad guys win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish they'd stage a mutiny - individually or collectively pay a visit to RC. I know RC is only a figurehead, but such a mutiny would have to arouse the attention of ownership. Pop has got to go ASAP. I live with the increasing dread that the Old Asshole will actually reign through this draft and next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Coach Pop is a great individual to me,” Carroll said. “Outside of basketball, we talk about family, all kinds of stuff. But with the basketball thing, we just didn’t jell.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Pop is a legend but he like Sloan tried to stay to long he can not relate to the #MeTo movement kids today he needs to retire. The thing that pisses me off I don’t think we have any plan of what we are going to to when the old goat hangs it up?
    Not like he has people coaching by committee when he gets ejected...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish they'd stage a mutiny - individually or collectively pay a visit to RC. I know RC is only a figurehead, but such a mutiny would have to arouse the attention of ownership. Pop has got to go ASAP. I live with the increasing dread that the Old Asshole will actually reign through this draft and next season.
    At a minimum, he’ll be here for the draft and all of next year IMO. And because of it the spurs will have a horrible draft and a horrible offseason. Hopefully pop doesn’t give out any huge long term contracts during the offseason so that the new coach can try and recover the team quicker.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great guy, talking family and life but sabotaging your worth. Great Guy. I'm sure Poop doesn't know that not playing him is ruining his earning power. Great Guy Poop is innocent as a Reverend at Sunday sermon.
    c‘mon. It‘s not the coaches job to make a player happy or to care about his worth. These guys are multimillionaires.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Carroll out there giving us rebound and hustle thanks y’all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 points and 2 boards,not bad for a halfs work

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He definitely provides rebounding in the limited minutes he was in and boxing out

Thread Information