Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is your thoughts different from ours?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one gets it fwiw tbh.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor guy. What a fuking embarrassment for the spurs tbh.

Pop needs to explain it and own it. Or his puppet in Brian. Reporters have every right to ask why did you sign this guy if you never intended on playing him.

It's a legit question.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I would try benching Jakob more and playing DeMarre instead. Might help this team at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive Always given Pop the benefit of the doubt up until this season. As fans we are emotional and passionate, we get high and low depending how the teams performing. No one here would have a true idea of the mindset of the locker room at any given time, win or lose.

in saying that, this season has been so hard to comprehend on so many different levels that you just can’t help but wonder how the players are feeling.. the Spurs don’t have the cattle to truly challenge yes but so many baffling decisions- and completely unpredictable. The Spurs are like a vault when it comes to keeping things in-house but I feel the goings on of this season may come to light once Pop calls it quits at seasons end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so puzzling. And we dealt with the Leonard show. It's prolonged too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so puzzling. And we dealt with the Leonard show. It's prolonged too.
    A few days ago, I said this was like the Kawhi situation but in reverse. You would think after having been through that, things would be different.

This is just more proof that it wasn’t all Kawhis fault as many, like myself, stated when it all went down. Pop has some real issues dealing with / handling players. Once you know that, it makes so much more sense why pets like Bonner, Mills, Forbes get so many underserved minutes. The dude has some real issues man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds like we can't reach an agreement on a buyout to me. If that's the case we really should play him simply to establish that he can still play and increase his trade value this summer (even if we just increase it enough to move him for cap space).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have contacts (and expirings) for a player like Beal next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have contacts (and expirings) for a player like Beal next year.
    shame they don't have a Bertans to throw in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel sorry for DeMarre. I've watched him cheering from the sidelines, appearing, at least, to be a true team guy. Our FO signed him up, you would think he'd at least get a shot to prove himself, or, at the very least, that the team would have the decency to buy him out so he can possibly salvage his season/career.

Puzzling all the way around.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a ing disgrace. Pop is the coach and gets to decide who plays. But cut the man loose if you don't want him. If I was a FA, there's no possibility that I would take a chance on walking into this asylum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp - thoughts on Carroll liking tweets with this strong of language and how SA is being viewed here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine Carroll is more liking the complimentary language toward him than the disparaging language toward the Spues. No SA shouldn't buy him out until next off-season at the earliest. Only was it makes sense is if DMC is willing to forego almost all of his remaining guaranteed money. I think the Spurs should be playing him behind DeRozan and starting Walker for Forbes. But the alternative to that isn't eating a whole bunch of dead cap to "do right" by a role-player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine Carroll is more liking the complimentary language toward him than the disparaging language toward the Spues. No SA shouldn't buy him out until next off-season at the earliest. Only was it makes sense is if DMC is willing to forego almost all of his remaining guaranteed money. I think the Spurs should be playing him behind DeRozan and starting Walker for Forbes. But the alternative to that isn't eating a whole bunch of dead cap to "do right" by a role-player.
    In a bubble I agree, but for how SA has operated? They have given out loyalty deals, harmed the franchise (Pau) in the name of doing right. What they are doing to Carroll is wrong and it’s odd that they are now taking the hard line especially when a guy is being a pro unlike Kawhi/Iggy/others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a bubble I agree, but for how SA has operated? They have given out loyalty deals, harmed the franchise (Pau) in the name of doing right. What they are doing to Carroll is wrong and it’s odd that they are now taking the hard line especially when a guy is being a pro unlike Kawhi/Iggy/others.
    Pau wasn't a loyalty deal. It was the price of him opting out. Jefferson's deal was the same. The issue wasn't even really the compensation. It would've even been a useful albeit still-negative asset had the team not schlepped some of the guaranteed money into the final year. Had that just been a $38M/2 deal, the Spurs would've been done by now and still dodged the tax. Horrible planning for the FO for sure, but not a loyalty contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau wasn't a loyalty deal. It was the price of him opting out. Jefferson's deal was the same. The issue wasn't even really the compensation. It would've even been a useful albeit still-negative asset had the team not schlepped some of the guaranteed money into the final year. Had that just been a $38M/2 deal, the Spurs would've been done by now and still dodged the tax. Horrible planning for the FO for sure, but not a loyalty contract.
    No, it was a loyalty deal in the context of them doing something really stupid and honoring that vs knowing it was bad for the team because they gave their word at the time. I am glad they did that too in context because that is what small franchises need to do.

Other teams I think would have said, look, sorry, this is unreasonable we will make sure you are made whole but not get pillaged by you (even after the fact)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL. That's the perfect righteous position to take... if you don't mind the message it sends to future FA's. Maybe they don't have any obligation to "do right" by a role-player. But ing up the remainder of a man's career goes a bit beyond that. I gave PATFO the benefit of a doubt when it came to the handling of the whole Kawhi situation, and I blamed a lot of it on Uncle's bad influence. like this makes me question that. I know it makes a lot of other people question whether SA is a desirable FA destination anymore.

At the very LEAST, committing that "dead cap" you talk about to a player who can't get any minutes is incompetence. (They did the same basic thing when they gave Gasol that big contract, but they gave him a big payoff - not the pittance you insist they should toss to Carroll. But that's a whole other story.) The way Pop handled the NT this summer was incompetence. The way he's handled rotations this year is incompetence. If I was trying to tear down a franchise, the plan would look a lot like this.

You can be as pompous as you want about Carroll, but don't think that other players in the league will see things the same way as you. They actually have skin in the game, and to anyone looking in from the outside, this place is a ing dumpster fire. , if I was a guy declaring for the draft, I would seriously hope the Spurs didn't call my name on draft night. But FA's have a choice. The team needs role players too. They aren't going to want to risk getting treated this way - not to mention the way YOU want to handle things -

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Makes you wonder if something has changed, doesn't it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Makes you wonder if something has changed, doesn't it?

Taking into account the sale of the Rampage, it would almost look like ownership has become sensitive on the subject of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. That's the perfect righteous position to take... if you don't mind the message it sends to future FA's. Maybe they don't have any obligation to "do right" by a role-player. But ing up the remainder of a man's career goes a bit beyond that. I gave PATFO the benefit of a doubt when it came to the handling of the whole Kawhi situation, and I blamed a lot of it on Uncle's bad influence. like this makes me question that. I know it makes a lot of other people question whether SA is a desirable FA destination anymore.

At the very LEAST, committing that "dead cap" you talk about to a player who can't get any minutes is incompetence. (They did the same basic thing when they gave Gasol that big contract, but they gave him a big payoff - not the pittance you insist they should toss to Carroll. But that's a whole other story.) The way Pop handled the NT this summer was incompetence. The way he's handled rotations this year is incompetence. If I was trying to tear down a franchise, the plan would look a lot like this.

You can be as pompous as you want about Carroll, but don't think that other players in the league will see things the same way as you. They actually have skin in the game, and to anyone looking in from the outside, this place is a ing dumpster fire. , if I was a guy declaring for the draft, I would seriously hope the Spurs didn't call my name on draft night. But FA's have a choice. The team needs role players too. They aren't going to want to risk getting treated this way - not to mention the way YOU want to handle things -
    Exactly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man... this poor dude... I'm sure that he's frustrated & disappointed in how this season has gone down for him. And now, since the trading deadline has passed without being traded and no one seeming to have an interest in him, I'm sure that he & his agent are trying to figure out his options now... either cut ties with the Spurs & cross his fingers & hope that some contending team will have interest in him & sign him. Yeah, I'm sure that this has him all messed up in the head that Pop is refusing to play him for some reason & now at the same time, no other contending team is reaching out to utilize his services.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An absolute mess of an organization. Timmy/Manu really covered up a lot of the garbage behind the scenes.

Sucks for Demarre, he's been a pro. Shame he's stuck with such a terrible coach and front office tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp - thoughts on Carroll liking tweets with this strong of language and how SA is being viewed here?

Ol Uncle LJ has gone dark besides the Game Grades unfortunately. I'm assuming it's hard coming to terms with just how bad his guy Pop has screwed over the franchise both short-term and long-term.

Thread Information