Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have nothing to hang their hat on right now. They are below average in just about every category aside from free throw percentage. I don't know. I'm just not used to seeing a Spurs team that has no clue. And yet - here we are.
    Average?! Dude, that's up on the curb and we are in the gutter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so tilted.
    I'm so freak'in tilted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Average?! Dude, that's up on the curb and we are in the gutter.
    "Below Average". Please read what I actually posted. They ain't cuttin' it. Am I clear to you now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel bad for LJ having to grade this hot mess of a team. The website content is really improved this year with the game by game grades and other stuff - then the the team is in the dumpster. Too bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take the eighth seed almost every lottery pick. But I'll take a high lottery pick over a low one. I don't believe SA can beat enough teams to get to the playoffs at this point, so I'm not really interested in them winning games. If they can manage to tank without trading away any of their better players, that's only a good thing. I was actually pretty annoyed to see them up in this game, because it's not worth beating good teams but losing to bad and mediocre ones. Realistically, the Spurs have a chance to get to seventh or eighth in the pick order. That would give them an okay chance at a top-four pick. That's the goal at this point. Should have traded Gay and Carroll. But nothing to do about that now.
    You were up in that other thread about the Spurs winning 35 games and how that was easier to get up from to 45 or whatever and I was thinking and told DPG you can’t assume they will even win 35 while being mostly healthy all season. This is not a good team.

Having said that, Spurs FO should have recognized that a rebuild is required and acted accordingly. At this point I don’t know what is on their minds. I assume resigning Forbes bc he is so key (to the tank).
    Last edited by SAGirl; 02-11-2020 at 01:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We haven't even gotten through a quarter, brah.

Although it is pretty funny Mah Touches is playing like Portland Aldridge now.
    Keep telling u guys LMA can't play well with another star...he needs to be traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Below Average". Please read what I actually posted. They ain't cuttin' it. Am I clear to you now?
    I've been going off half- ed tonight. Yeah, we are on pretty much the same page. "Below average" seems pretty euphemistic, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take the eighth seed almost every lottery pick. But I'll take a high lottery pick over a low one. I don't believe SA can beat enough teams to get to the playoffs at this point, so I'm not really interested in them winning games. If they can manage to tank without trading away any of their better players, that's only a good thing. I was actually pretty annoyed to see them up in this game, because it's not worth beating good teams but losing to bad and mediocre ones. Realistically, the Spurs have a chance to get to seventh or eighth in the pick order. That would give them an okay chance at a top-four pick. That's the goal at this point. Should have traded Gay and Carroll. But nothing to do about that now.
    I will take the 8th seed if it’s a team worth investing into with a positive trajectory and winning record. I will no take the 8th seed by being a bad team that happens to be less worse.

Both 8th seed scenarios yet very different with regards to what you should value IMO.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty quiet around spurstalk when facts are used...
    Don't confuse quiet for most spurs fans ignoring you especially with anything to do with basketball. Your boxscore watching rants are what i would call "low IQ"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just watching the highlights and it seems that Forbes played most or all of the 4th as the Spurs lost 38-27. I don't understand Gregg starting Forbes. But I especially don't understand him playing down the stretch when stops are as valuable as buckets if not more so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, and he outplayed Lonnie.
    What do u expect from a young player that hardly ever plays? To light it up everytime? The dude took like 4 shots...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That didn't happen
    Yes it did...they have a -18 +/- while Murray and others were in the positive...the lead evaporated when those guys were in the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me thinks Pop is doing this in purpose. Because I can't think of a more plausible one.
    Nah...he lost it... evidenced by him leaving Bam off the national team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah...he lost it... evidenced by him leaving Bam off the national team
    Never forget. Plumlee over Bam and White over Fox.

Thread Information