Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do ...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i stopped watching before last season even started and was 100% right to.

i hated demar before the spurs traded for him, and said the spurs would be irrelevant for years to come after they acquired him. people like timvp and dpg thought demar with the spurs might actually lead to something

even this past summer, i mentioned the spurs should move demar for cp3 or westbrook... and those two bozos laughed it off

meanwhile, cp3 is leading the league in clutch time points by a mile and westbrook is the MVP of the rockets. both will be in POs while demar is the leader of a .415 team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than the start of the game, whenever Brent is in the game I switch the channel then I will switch back if I even remember too. It's not so much that he isn't very good than more so that there are better options not getting enough minutes or rotting on the bench that irks me. During the Charlotte game he got benched and White and Murray played extended minutes together and came back and helped win the game, that should of been a turning point but the senile seemingly just wrote it off. Pop most likely won't go with Murray and White this season because if they had even a small amount of success then it would look bad on Pop and crater face needs to save face somehow.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When it was Duncan/Manu/Kawhi and even great role players like Boris and Golden God it was must-watch TV for me. I think I missed only a couple games in a few years. I still try to watch enough. It's became more painful to watch, not because of the results but because of the wasted talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're tanking, there's no doubt about it. Running LMA with 3 weak defenders late in the third for the 2nd time in a handful of games, they're absolutely doing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I usually watch the first half of the games. Like others, I watched almost every game in the past, but now I usually find something else to do when halftime arrives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant even watch highlights on yt

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in tank mode......if I watch, I'll end up rooting for my boys.....almost there, 29 more to go..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team does not inspire. I didn't want DeRozan either, but watching the development of Spurs youngins kept me interested enough to occasionally tune in. I live in the east and so its only the rare nationally televised game that I would have a chance to watch anyways. I don't do streams anymore and I don't pay for LP (I did in the past to watch the Spurs.. Timmy's last season was the last time I paid for LP).

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least tank for a good pick lmao we're gonna end up with the modern day ball equivalent of Shareef Abdur Raheem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in tank mode......if I watch, I'll end up rooting for my boys.....almost there, 29 more to go..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are still charging outrageous ticket prices for this ty basketball. Clippers tickets are, on average, way less expensive yet for a way better product on the court.
    They have to make money somehow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least tank for a good pick lmao we're gonna end up with the modern day ball equivalent of Shareef Abdur Raheem
    We already do. His name is Lonnie Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so used to seeing competence and execution and this "collection" of players cannot put together anything resembling quality basketball. The Spurs have played maybe 2 or 3 solid basketball games the entire SEASON. If I recall, SA lost ONE home game three years ago (to Golden State team with a ginned up roster built on tampering and collusion). It's hard to watch. I'll keep watching I suppose, but the feeling of being invested in this current group is gone.

The Spurs have rarely given the fan base a truly bad product. Unfortunately, we are in one of those rare times. It will take a Herculean effort to right this ship in the next 2-3 years. I'm not sure the current FO as it is cons uted is capable of turning this thing around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so used to seeing competence and execution and this "collection" of players cannot put together anything resembling quality basketball. The Spurs have played maybe 2 or 3 solid basketball games the entire SEASON. If I recall, SA lost ONE home game three years ago (to Golden State team with a ginned up roster built on tampering and collusion). It's hard to watch. I'll keep watching I suppose, but the feeling of being invested in this current group is gone.

The Spurs have rarely given the fan base a truly bad product. Unfortunately, we are in one of those rare times. It will take a Herculean effort to right this ship in the next 2-3 years. I'm not sure the current FO as it is cons uted is capable of turning this thing around.
    it starts with our “there are bigger things than basketball” coach and two career loser “best” players. how could anybody wanna team up with these jokes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had a chance to go to the Portland game where Pop was ejected. The tickets were free, about 4 rows up from the floor, almost mid court. I turned them down.

This team doesn’t bring any entertainment value. Pop has always liked the team to be as bland and under the radar as possible. He hates the NBA media and always wants to keep them out, and all the players talk like robots. He tried his very damndest to handcuff Manu (a modern poor mans pistol Pete) but Manu wouldn’t let him.

This current team is his baby all the way around. He is responsible for every bit of it, even they unwatchable aspect. Winning cures all, but not winning at least requires entertainment value to keep fans engaged, or a youth movement fans can get behind. The Spurs are doing neither.

Fans aren’t watching or going to the games because Pop has sucked the life out of the franchise. Has he earned that right with the success? Probably. But I don’t have to watch it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been watching since the late 90s and for the first time ever I have stopped watching and now only watch the highlights Not bc we are losing. I understand that will happen. But out of frustration of Frustration of the construction of the team, so hard to watch. I would watch if we went the hornets route and just benched the vets for the young players just out of intrigue for the future but this team we run out is like purgatory. The only time I watch is if I am interested in the opponents.
    Last edited by Prose; 02-11-2020 at 12:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been watching since the late 80s. Quit watching sometime in January and now just check the box score and catch the highlights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not worth watching if i know forbes and marco are going to get 40 minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The repeated 4th quarter meltdowns and Pop's insistence on playing Mills, Bryn and Belli make it hard to watch. I've tried, in frustration, multiple times. But yeah, lately I've moved on to something else early in the second half. At least if we had the young guys out there we could be cheering on the future. The ship is sinking and Patty, Bryn and Marco are running around punching holes in the hull. Not "must watch TV" by any means.

Lame.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    westbrook is the MVP of the rockets
    Worst take since my homeboy said UCONN's women could hang with the 12-70 Nets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fair weather thread. of course, i still watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst Spurst team since 96. Lakers back on top. Its a time to be alive.
    at least Kobe is dead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't been able to see many games this season. For some reason Directv stopped broadcasting NBA TV so I have no other choice than to watch internationally televised games, and needless to say the Spurs didn't have many of those this season.

Thread Information