Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been a die hard fan since the 1988-89 season, but I stopped watching at the beginning of last season. I just check the box scores after every game. The team as currently constructed is just unwatchable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been a die hard fan since the 1988-89 season, but I stopped watching at the beginning of last season. I just check the box scores after every game. The team as currently constructed is just unwatchable.
    disagree. this team is fun to watch.

but their regular 4th quarter meltdowns are unwatchable. Sadly NBA league pass keeps renewing my membership automatically even after I cancel it every season. But I think I've had enough. I cannot watch this, it's not healthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i stopped watching before last season even started and was 100% right to.

i hated demar before the spurs traded for him, and said the spurs would be irrelevant for years to come after they acquired him. people like timvp and dpg thought demar with the spurs might actually lead to something

even this past summer, i mentioned the spurs should move demar for cp3 or westbrook... and those two bozos laughed it off

meanwhile, cp3 is leading the league in clutch time points by a mile and westbrook is the MVP of the rockets. both will be in POs while demar is the leader of a .415 team
    Has nothing to do with DeMar. I mean sure, replacing Nephew with DeMar dropped the Spurs out of elite status but it's not what made the team the joke it is today.

The real reason is Pop abandoned defense. Guys like Green, Fathead, and even Simmons were replaced by Brent and Marco. Wombat became his closer and he gave away a redheaded 6-11 Klay Thompson too. He's an old fool who thinks adapting to today's NBA means he has to play three Wombats (3 and no D guys) instead of one. Apparently he isn't aware of the fact that there's shooters out there that also play D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has nothing to do with DeMar. I mean sure, replacing Nephew with DeMar dropped the Spurs out of elite status but it's not what made the team the joke it is today.

The real reason is Pop abandoned defense. Guys like Green, Fathead, and even Simmons were replaced by Brent and Marco. Wombat became his closer and he gave away a redheaded 6-11 Klay Thompson too. He's an old fool who thinks adapting to today's NBA means he has to play three Wombats (3 and no D guys) instead of one. Apparently he isn't aware of the fact that there's shooters out there that also play D.
    Giving away Danny Green was the stupidest thing they could have done. We were going to lose our best defender in Kawhi and the spurs just said "here you go, you can have our 2nd best defender as well while we're at it. We have Forbes, we'll be okay." just plain stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Giving away Danny Green was the stupidest thing they could have done. We were going to lose our best defender in Kawhi and the spurs just said "here you go, you can have our 2nd best defender as well while we're at it. We have Forbes, we'll be okay." just plain stupid.
    plenty of high IQ takes here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I've watched maybe 2 games all season. I don't mind losing, but losing because Pop refuses to make the obvious adjustments to at least stay compe ive. that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember during Danny Green’s last year as a Spur when so many sniffers were saying he looks done, only for everyone else to play like in the system once nephew was gone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know this team is kind of what you spurstalkers asked for...get green out hes icy hot, get fathead out he sucks, get bertans out hes inconsistent n cant play d...so everyone blaming patfo but a lot of this is what yall asked for

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WE’RE BACK SNIFF SNIFF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watch off and on. Most of the games have been tight, but they just have fallen short. The recent weeks have been hard to stomach.

If Pop would have loosened up and prioritized playing the best defenders, bringing Bellini and Forbes in for needed bursts like gunners, and keep Aldridge and DeRozan's minutes low down the stretch, this team might have been the 4th seed and having fun. Pop squeezes the life out of the team, you think he'd have more fun on the way out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have better ways to waste time!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not worth watching if i know forbes and marco are going to get 40 minutes
    It's the 4th quarter minutes killing me with Forbes. Some here think Spurs are doing a soft tank. I dunno.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like many of us here, I used to watch every Spurs game of the season and it would be the cant miss event of my day...

Nowadays, I still watch the games when I can. But because of the losing, it hasn’t really made me not want to watch the games because I still do watch them when I remember. But that’s the key point...when I remember...

There have been numerous times this season where I’ll get an alert on my phone with the Spurs final score and I’ll be like, “Oh, the Spurs were playing tonight?” I guess you could say the losing has made me more apathetic to the team...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is me too, except my first game was in 1978. I use to have season tickets and was there for game 7 against Detroit. Don't like stupid ball much. They way the rules are today invites stupid ball. I use to know the stats on all the players and who played on every team. I would watch any NBA game. Now, its like being use to watching a chess match but all there is to see is checkers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is me too, except my first game was in 1978. I use to have season tickets and was there for game 7 against Detroit. Don't like stupid ball much. They way the rules are today invites stupid ball. I use to know the stats on all the players and who played on every team. I would watch any NBA game. Now, its like being use to watching a chess match but all there is to see is checkers.
    Except for your first 2 sentences, this is my exact state of mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't been able to see many games this season. For some reason Directv stopped broadcasting NBA TV so I have no other choice than to watch internationally televised games, and needless to say the Spurs didn't have many of those this season.
    Most all the games are broadcasted on Directv on Fox Sports Southwest FSSW on channel 676-1. Might need an extra sports package beyond basic cable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't been able to see many games this season. For some reason Directv stopped broadcasting NBA TV so I have no other choice than to watch internationally televised games, and needless to say the Spurs didn't have many of those this season.
    I can't be mad at fox for removing fox sw when it kept me from watching the Spurs in a down year, but I also lost fs2, and briefly fs1. It's all greedy licensing.

The difference this year is that there's no hall of fame talent to root for. Even when d-rob didn't have talent it was still good to watch him, Ice, or Kawhi. Both LMA and DeRozan are mercinary seconds class stars whose best years are behind them. This team can't get better by surrounding them with talent.

The young talent is meh, but the team isn't marketing them as the face of the league. If they did, it'd be a bit more compelling,

Basketball is a team sport but the NBA is a star driven reality show, the Spurs are poor in a team building and star power. They're going to lose more games this year, and likely next year. As soon as they bottom out, they'll be worth watching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, exactly. It is often said (mostly, it seems by apologists of stupid ball) that fans pay to see players play not to see coaches coach. Perhaps I am just in the minority. When I was first introduced to basketball as a kid, I was just as captivated by the strategic elements of the sport as I was the athletic elements. In effect, I was as interested in watching coaches coach as I was in watching players play. Basketball based on spreading the floor for a drive and kick, and 3-point chucking have really minimized the modern playbook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't be mad at fox for removing fox sw when it kept me from watching the Spurs in a down year, but I also lost fs2, and briefly fs1. It's all greedy licensing.

The difference this year is that there's no hall of fame talent to root for. Even when d-rob didn't have talent it was still good to watch him, Ice, or Kawhi. Both LMA and DeRozan are mercinary seconds class stars whose best years are behind them. This team can't get better by surrounding them with talent.

The young talent is meh, but the team isn't marketing them as the face of the league. If they did, it'd be a bit more compelling,

Basketball is a team sport but the NBA is a star driven reality show, the Spurs are poor in a team building and star power. They're going to lose more games this year, and likely next year. As soon as they bottom out, they may be worth watching.
    Exactly right, except where I made a small fix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have watched all of the spurs games so far this season but sadly I have only been to 6 spurs home games so far. It sounds bad but it’s hard to justify spending money on tickets to watch this team play in person.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. NBA catered to casual fans. No integrity in the game. S bag players with no fundamentals. It is AAU or rec league at best. Players literally get signed due to ig accounts.

Thread Information