Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hield in a draft day move. Would be a good fit with DD and LMA, and young going foward with White/Murray/Walker. Kings are probably a team that would sign Forbes as well.
    Why would they need to? His contract is over this year.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen several Cardinals' games this season, and Nwora doesn't jump out at me like, say, Chuma Okeke or DeAndre Hunter last season. Maybe you are right about Nwora, though.

Here's something you might not notice if you aren't tracking him. The link below is to his game logs. Have a look at his 3P% in each game. Anything stand out to you?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...1/gamelog/2020

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen several Cardinals' games this season, and Nwora doesn't jump out at me like, say, Chuma Okeke or DeAndre Hunter last season. Maybe you are right about Nwora, though.
    He’s a good player and a safe pick. He’ll be a great 3 and d player off the bench...6th man type guy. He’s not going to be a top 3 or 4 player for a team. But you could start him if you had 2 other great offensive players that would take the heat off him. He’s a great shooter, rebounder and defender. But he’s not going to take people off the dribble or create his own shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start with 3P shooting and work backwards. The boy can flat stroke the long ball. I think he's at least good enough elsewhere. And he has legitimate SF height/length. He's not flashy, but he's solid. Consistent.

Two weeks before the NCAA last year, there were still a lot of people questioning whether Okeke would go in the first round, and most were talking about Hunter going around 10. Nwora was the second Most Improved Player in the nation last year (MIP in the ACC), and he's better this year. And his biggest improvement is from the 3P line.
    If he finishes the season strong, he could go higher than the Spurs pick. A 6'7" SF who shoots .440 from 3P is the kind of player every team is looking for in the New NBA.

I'm not afraid to stick my neck out before everyone else reads the headlines. I think he'll go somewhere around the Spurs pick, but not much lower. Unless he has a breakout Tournament, and then we'll be crying in our margaritas.

I think he is a good prospect, but I want to see his combine measurements. At times he doesn't seem to play up to 6'7". That's my concern. But you're the one with the bronze neck - it's okay for you to stick it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he is a good prospect, but I want to see his combine measurements. At times he doesn't seem to play up to 6'7". That's my concern. But you're the one with the bronze neck - it's okay for you to stick it out.
    Both my parents went to Louisville. I went to a different college but I’ve been watching Louisville since I was little. I’ve watched a lot of his games. He plays much bigger than 6’7”. Defending, rebounding. His weakness is dribbling and creating his own shot. He’s a spot and shoot scorer and needs someone to draw the d and then kick out to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a good player and a safe pick. He’ll be a great 3 and d player off the bench...6th man type guy. He’s not going to be a top 3 or 4 player for a team. But you could start him if you had 2 other great offensive players that would take the heat off him. He’s a great shooter, rebounder and defender. But he’s not going to take people off the dribble or create his own shot.

I think that's pretty accurate, except that I don't think he has to have two great offensive players with him, any more than most. He'd be fine in a motion offense - possibly very good. But if the Spurs are looking for a standout iso-ball forward with the 13 pick, good luck.

Both my parents went to Louisville. I went to a different college but I’ve been watching Louisville since I was little. I’ve watched a lot of his games. He plays much bigger than 6’7”. Defending, rebounding. His weakness is dribbling and creating his own shot. He’s a spot and shoot scorer and needs someone to draw the d and then kick out to him.
    Yep. That's all pretty fair. Really a pretty damn good profile, unless you're looking for the next Kawhi. And even Kawhi wasn't that great off the dribble right out of college. No, I'm not saying Nwora is going to be as good as Kawhi. Just that he's looking pretty good to me for the Spurs' pick.

Edit: He pulls down 7.4 rebounds per game, which isn't bad for a 6'7" player. He goes to the FT line 4.7 times per game, which is pretty damned good for a guy who isn't supposed to have handles.
    Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 02-12-2020 at 09:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's pretty accurate, except that I don't think he has to have two great offensive players with him, any more than most. He'd be fine in a motion offense - possibly very good. But if the Spurs are looking for a standout iso-ball forward with the 13 pick, good luck.

Yep. That's all pretty fair. Really a pretty damn good profile, unless you're looking for the next Kawhi. And even Kawhi wasn't that great off the dribble right out of college. No, I'm not saying Nwora is going to be as good as Kawhi. Just that he's looking pretty good to me for the Spurs' pick.
    With a good PG he could be a deadly 3pt shooter. His ceiling with the right environment could be Middleton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's something you might not notice if you aren't tracking him. The link below is to his game logs. Have a look at his 3P% in each game. Anything stand out to you?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...1/gamelog/2020
    Yeah, a few things. .441 on 143 attempts is good. He only shot less than .400 in 7 games, and except for the Akron and Texas Tech games his attempts in those games were below his average - which could be an indication of pretty good judgment, refraining from jacking up 3s when they aren't falling instead of trying to shoot yourself out of a bad night. What stands out to you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, a few things. .441 on 13 attempts is good. He only shot less than .400 in 7 games, and except for the Akron and Texas Tech games his attempts in those games were below his average - which could be an indication of pretty good judgment, refraining from jacking up 3s when they aren't falling instead of trying to shoot yourself out of a bad night. What stands out to you?

The variance. He's about as consistent as you ever see from the 3P line. Most 3P shooters are a lot more streaky. They're great on the nights they're on, and on their off nights they're painful. (The good ones find other ways to contribute.) NBA coaches would kill to have a guy who shoots his average every single night. Nwora is coming closer to that than just about anyone I can remember looking at.

That doesn't mean it will translate to the NBA, but outside of guys like Zion or Ja Morant, it's always a guessing game.

I don't know if you saw my edit above, but he gets to the line almost 5 times a game, which is pretty damned good. Like I said, he's not flashy, but he gets it done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The variance. He's about as consistent as you ever see from the 3P line. Most 3P shooters are a lot more streaky. They're great on the nights they're on, and on their off nights they're painful. (The good ones find other ways to contribute.) NBA coaches would kill to have a guy who shoots his average every single night. Nwora is coming closer to that than just about anyone I can remember looking at.

That doesn't mean it will translate to the NBA, but outside of guys like Zion or Ja Morant, it's always a guessing game.

I don't know if you saw my edit above, but he gets to the line almost 5 times a game, which is pretty damned good. Like I said, he's not flashy, but he gets it done.
    Yeah, of the 7 games I noted only 2 were 0-fers. Some good consistency. And 4.7 FTs a game is gravy for a guy who is a big 3-point threat. I saw the Texas Tech, Virginia, Kentucky and Duke games. I'll try to catch some more. Such a player would definitely fill a need on the Spurs' roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Cleveland make that trade? They'd be giving up a top 3 pick.

Two possible trades could be;

Aldridge to Miami for Olynik and their 1st round pick (They could agree to the deal before they make the pick and then wait till July 1st to complete the deal) or

Aldridge to Portland for Ariza, Hood, Collins and a 2021 lottery protected 1st round pick.
    If the Portland trade will stop signing back Forbes and Beli, I am all for it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs would need 1 or 2 players who do not need to have the ball in their hands most of the time (a Green type player).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Portland trade will stop signing back Forbes and Beli, I am all for it.
    I kinda feel like the concerns about PATFO re-signing them is overblown.

Beli is likely gone and I think Forbes probably is too. Walker would replace Forbes in the starting lineup and KJ taking Belinelli's role behind DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they need to? His contract is over this year.
    Forbes? Sign and trade so they can use a mle on someone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Beli is likely gone and I think Forbes probably is too. Walker would replace Forbes in the starting lineup and KJ taking Belinelli's role behind DDR.
    in your dreams. Pop will resign both

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs had such bad picks for so long, I got in the habit of always looking for draft sleepers/bargains. Jordan Nwora - Louisville. I think he may be the best all-around forward that shoots the 3 well. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes in right around the Spurs' pick.
    interesting prospect for sure. How is his defense though?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Probably you are right about Beli, but I am not too sure about Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting prospect for sure. How is his defense though?

He's a good defender, and Chris Mack's system has been good for him. They don't gamble a lot, and they have to be aggressive on D. He's actually got some defensive fundamentals as a result, which is rare in most college players. If you remember, a lot of the "experts" were questioning whether Thybulle's defense would work in the NBA, because he "only" played zone in college.

I started watching him because of his size and 3P shooting. He's made some BIG improvements, and you can see that it's the result of targeted work. He wasn't much of a rebounder his freshman year, but he came back the next year and was solid on the glass from the very start. I thought he was going to declare, but he came back for his junior year - and the story has been that it was because he really wanted to shore up his defense. I think he's done a good job of that, too. The defense doesn't show up much on a stat sheet, so most people want to overlook it, but he's solid and steady.

Google some interviews of him. He's smart and he's confident. He's got a little bit of an at ude, which wouldn't be bad for this team at all. (I saw him get a chase-down block against Pitt, and then stare the guy down on the way up the court, just to let him know who's boss. Pop might bench him for it, but I loved it.) I don't want to sound like a lot of the mindless drones on this site, but I really do worry whether Pop will see it as a negative. But as of right now, he's the guy I want to see the Spurs pick. There are a few guys we know are going higher than the Spurs will pick. He won't be one of those. I think he's a good fit here (assuming Pop is still Pop somewhere in there), and I think he'll be available when they get to pick.

All that being said, Louisville just got their asses kicked by Georgia Tech, and a big part of their game plan was to shut down Nwora. He played good defense, IMO, but they held him to just 2 points. It was a well-executed game plan by GA Tech, and the other starters didn't do much to make up the difference. I'm really anxious to see how he bounces back next game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks

I’d lol if we get 1st pick somehow. Imagine how annoyed the rest of the nba would be. Finally we miss playoffs and we get another 1st pick.

the only thing missing is a generational talent like Drob or Timmy
    Wiseman could be, but not immediately like 4 year collegians DRob and TD. He's not quite 19 yet, and is averaging 30.8p/15.7r/4.7bl per36 for D1 Memphis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His variance looks good, but what actually stuck out to me was that his bad nights appear to happen against "name" opposition at the college level. 7 games where he was < .400 : Youngstown State, Miami (OH), Kentucky, Texas Tech, Duke, NC State, Georgia Tech. All of those teams (bar Youngstown), are big dance regulars... Can he shoot with NBA level defenders/pressure?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I love your optimism. I really do. But if that is the case, why is Bryn still starting and Beli not bought out? There is every single reason for that to happen yet? Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love your optimism. I really do. But if that is the case, why is Bryn still starting and Beli not bought out? There is every single reason for that to happen yet? Nope.
    To increase their value? Think outside the box, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His variance looks good, but what actually stuck out to me was that his bad nights appear to happen against "name" opposition at the college level. 7 games where he was < .400 : Youngstown State, Miami (OH), Kentucky, Texas Tech, Duke, NC State, Georgia Tech. All of those teams (bar Youngstown), are big dance regulars... Can he shoot with NBA level defenders/pressure?

I think you're really trying to talk hoops, so I'm really going to try to say this without sounding like a smartass:

Personally, I think people read too many internet "scouting reports". Those guys love to say things like that, without considering what it really means. Is Nwora going to be capable of going right at the heart of a defense when their priority is specifically to stop him? No. Anybody who can do that isn't going to get drafted with the 13th pick. , there aren't many NBA players who can do that, and all of them will be playing this weekend while the other 400+ NBA players watch on TV. He's not going to walk in and be the first option in the NBA like Zion. I think he'll be fine as part of an NBA team.

Look at some of those "off" games you listed, and he had lines with like 14 points and 9 boards. Duke has only lost 3 games so far, and one of them was Louisville. They made a point of stopping Nwora, but it probably cost them the game. The only real surprise for me was that last game against GA Tech. Their next game is against Clemson on the road. If he doesn't have a strong bounce-back game, maybe I'll start having some doubts. But I don't expect that to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop may not feel that Walker is ready to start yet. Beli likely will be brought out, the deadline hasn't happened yet. Normally, year 3 is when a Spurs 1st rounder becomes fully integrated in the rotation. I find it hard to believe that they'd re-sign Forbes to a multi-year deal when he's blocking Walker. Even for PATFO that doesn't make sense.

Walker will likely start next season and KJ will likely take Walker's former role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally, year 3 is when a Spurs 1st rounder becomes fully integrated in the rotation. I find it hard to believe that they'd re-sign Forbes to a multi-year deal when he's blocking Walker. Even for PATFO that doesn't make sense.
    What in the bloody are you talking about?

I know you're not talking about Tim, Manu, or Tony.
    Beno played 80 games as a rookie, and that's as "fully integrated" as he ever got.
    Ian Mahinmi was hurt a lot, and never got fully integrated.
    George Hill started his most games (here) in his second year. By necessity, but he was pretty much part of things from Year 1.
    DeJuan Blair started his most games (here) in his second year.
    Cory Joeph was just about as "fully integrated" in his second year as he ever got here.
    And that brings us up all the way to Derrick White.
    So that pretty much leaves Tiago as the only player to match your claim, and that was also mostly about injuries.

I'm not going to debate you. Anyone who wants to can have a look for themselves. Click and see which first round picks did what. Unless you try to play some dumb semantic tricks with "fully integrated", it's just not true. https://www.basketball-reference.com...SAS/draft.html

Thread Information