Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that he doesn't shoot 3's hardly ever. I guess he shoots more than DDR, but with the way the game has to be played now I just don't see how the Spurs can invest in someone that isn't a prolific 3P shooter.
    He is a good 3pt shooter. But that’s not how he’s utilized in the CU offense. He will do well in the nba. He is the best defender in the draft IMO and can guard multiple positions.

but none of that matters as the FO will pick a euro

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    N we have somebody named Chip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that he doesn't shoot 3's hardly ever. I guess he shoots more than DDR, but with the way the game has to be played now I just don't see how the Spurs can invest in someone that isn't a prolific 3P shooter.
    We dont need anymore 3 pt shooting. This is a myth. What we lack is defense. Something to stop the other team from coming back from 20 points in the 3rd qtr. I would rather our team go cold on offense while stopping the other team than having a 3 pt shootout with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte/ White
    Lonnie/ Quinndary
    Keldon/ Bey
    Samanic/ Metu
    Poetl/ Aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a good 3pt shooter. But that’s not how he’s utilized in the CU offense. He will do well in the nba. He is the best defender in the draft IMO and can guard multiple positions.

but none of that matters as the FO will pick a euro
    2019 KJ and Samanic
    2018 LW IV
    2017 Derrick
    2016 DJ

One time in the last 5 first round picks.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We dont need anymore 3 pt shooting. This is a myth. What we lack is defense. Something to stop the other team from coming back from 20 points in the 3rd qtr. I would rather our team go cold on offense while stopping the other team than having a 3 pt shootout with them.

I know what you're saying, and I wish it was the whole truth. The league won't allow defense to be played like it once was. It's not an official rule change, but they issued directions to the refs for how to call the game. You're 100% right that the Spurs have to get better on defense. But the Spurs are 29th in 3-pointers attempted, and almost a quarter of their 3PA come from Bryn Forbes. If they're going to get Forbes off the floor they HAVE to have someone to replace his 3P shooting.

You do want Forbes off the floor, don't you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bey is a good defender, but I don't think he's the best defender in college ball. I know a couple of articles have talked about him for the Naismith, so that's probably where that came from. But since both of you are interested in defensive players, you should tune in to the Baylor-Kansas game tomorrow. It's on ESPN at 11:00 Central. Baylor has the #2 defense in the nation, and Kansas has the #3 defense. There are some very good players on both teams, and obviously some good defensive players. Watching them beats the out of reading internet analysts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bey is a good defender, but I don't think he's the best defender in college ball. I know a couple of articles have talked about him for the Naismith, so that's probably where that came from. But since both of you are interested in defensive players, you should tune in to the Baylor-Kansas game tomorrow. It's on ESPN at 11:00 Central. Baylor has the #2 defense in the nation, and Kansas has the #3 defense. There are some very good players on both teams, and obviously some good defensive players. Watching them beats the out of reading internet analysts.
    Love college ball. Watch way more college ball than nba. Ive watched quite a few CU games, as well as big 12, ACC, and others. That was my opinion. I mostly watch big 12 and ACC though.

anyways, I didn’t read that article. He’s an outstanding defender...but he does have an issue with turnovers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2019 KJ and Samanic
    2018 LW IV
    2017 Derrick
    2016 DJ

One time in the last 5 first round picks.
    Well that settles it. We clearly aren’t picking Avdija, Maledon, or Pokusevski then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that settles it. We clearly aren’t picking Avdija, Maledon, or Pokusevski then.
    Mannion is a far worse choice than any of them at 6'3" with a 6'2.5" wingspan. He couldn't even hit a pinata, blindfolded, before it rebounded out of reach, even if it hit him in the head.

Let's maybe dial back the Euro hysteria just a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mannion is a far worse choice than any of them at 6'3" with a 6'2.5" wingspan. He couldn't even hit a pinata, blindfolded, before it rebounded out of reach, even if it hit him in the head.

Let's maybe dial back the Euro hysteria just a bit.
    I agree. I don’t like Mannion either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I don’t like Mannion either.
    A worse shooting Forbes, with better handles and a tan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally I like to leave the draft decisions to guys who get paid to do it. Then, after the picks are in I can complain about some player we overlooked who is a sure bet for NBA s om Who Pop ignored out of sheer perversity. That way I don't have to watch any games ahead of the draft or make any picks that can come back to haunt me on ST.

But With never failing HINDSIGHT I can put myself forth as a BB expert.

The work is easy and I'm always right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A worse shooting Forbes, with better handles and a tan.
    He gets a ton of love by some. Yes, He’s a decent college player but not one I’d want to select in the draft. Especially not for a team like the spurs who need defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gets a ton of love by some. Yes, He’s a decent college player but not one I’d want to select in the draft. Especially not for a team like the spurs who need defense.
    Tankathon has him at #13 on their big board, and #10 in their mock draft. What the actual ? I'm not sure I'd want AUSTIN to select him in the gleague draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon has him at #13 on their big board, and #10 in their mock draft. What the actual ? I'm not sure I'd want AUSTIN to select him in the gleague draft.
    I’m not sure I understand how tankathon does their picks. They have quite a few head scratchers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love college ball. Watch way more college ball than nba. Ive watched quite a few CU games, as well as big 12, ACC, and others. That was my opinion. I mostly watch big 12 and ACC though.

anyways, I didn’t read that article. He’s an outstanding defender...but he does have an issue with turnovers.

My fault for assuming. Lots of people try to be experts from reading articles and box scores. You've watched him play, and you think he's the best defender in college ball - I respect an informed opinion.

You saw what I said earlier about him not shooting nearly enough 3's. My single biggest obsession about this Spurs team is putting Bryn Forbes in the rear view mirror. I guess most of what I think revolves around that. And it's not going to happen unless someone comes along who can and will put up a solid volume of 3's, and make a respectable percentage. When I've watched Bey, he looked to me like he won't take a 3P shot unless he just has to. If he was putting up 3-4 a game, I would probably have him a lot higher.

Did I mention that I really, really want Forbes off the floor?

I'm excited about that Baylor-Kansas game tomorrow. I think there are going to be several guys on the court whose draft stock is going to soar between now and the end of the NCAA. Even if a lot of them are guards, every player that moves up in the draft order has a chance of pushing a good player down to the Spurs' pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally I like to leave the draft decisions to guys who get paid to do it. Then, after the picks are in I can complain about some player we overlooked who is a sure bet for NBA s om Who Pop ignored out of sheer perversity. That way I don't have to watch any games ahead of the draft or make any picks that can come back to haunt me on ST.

But With never failing HINDSIGHT I can put myself forth as a BB expert.

The work is easy and I'm always right.

LOL. Oh, I always leave the actual draft decisions to the Spurs' FO. I mean, sure they call to ask my opinion and all. But after the ASB I always just let it go to voice mail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My fault for assuming. Lots of people try to be experts from reading articles and box scores. You've watched him play, and you think he's the best defender in college ball - I respect an informed opinion.

You saw what I said earlier about him not shooting nearly enough 3's. My single biggest obsession about this Spurs team is putting Bryn Forbes in the rear view mirror. I guess most of what I think revolves around that. And it's not going to happen unless someone comes along who can and will put up a solid volume of 3's, and make a respectable percentage. When I've watched Bey, he looked to me like he won't take a 3P shot unless he just has to. If he was putting up 3-4 a game, I would probably have him a lot higher.

Did I mention that I really, really want Forbes off the floor?

I'm excited about that Baylor-Kansas game tomorrow. I think there are going to be several guys on the court whose draft stock is going to soar between now and the end of the NCAA. Even if a lot of them are guards, every player that moves up in the draft order has a chance of pushing a good player down to the Spurs' pick.
    It will be a great game to watch. That’s for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what mom was thinking on that one
    That's why black boys have to grow up and toughen up a lot faster cause ignorant ass, illiterate black moms name their sons all kinds of ed up stripper names and with j, z, q, and apostrophes everywhere...when did john, stephen, james, christopher, anthony, william and henry turn to ....those are great boy names for every generation......these poor black boys get previous, j'daczryka, shaquandre, z'ajariziah, and like that. No wonder 8 year olds are ot there thuggin to survive.....I knw white people can really use some pretentious, hoity toity names, but those things are centuries old and usually have a lot of family history behind them, like Alistair, Bartholomew, Reginald, etc. Very uppity indeed, but still normal names. This is another reason why we need the presence of strong black fathers, so we don't get some boy with a ass name like precious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ZeusWillJudge
    Azubuike playing well. Still can’t hit free throws but would be a good pickup if available in 2nd Rd

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see we're at 12 now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fuk it ... let’s aim for a top 10 pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why black boys have to grow up and toughen up a lot faster cause ignorant ass, illiterate black moms name their sons all kinds of ed up stripper names and with j, z, q, and apostrophes everywhere...when did john, stephen, james, christopher, anthony, william and henry turn to ....those are great boy names for every generation......these poor black boys get previous, j'daczryka, shaquandre, z'ajariziah, and like that. No wonder 8 year olds are ot there thuggin to survive.....I knw white people can really use some pretentious, hoity toity names, but those things are centuries old and usually have a lot of family history behind them, like Alistair, Bartholomew, Reginald, etc. Very uppity indeed, but still normal names. This is another reason why we need the presence of strong black fathers, so we don't get some boy with a ass name like precious.
    Get it off your chest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe if white people didn't destroy their names and culture they wouldn't have had to make them up.

Thread Information