Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Kim Yong-Un telling his citizens the truth?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish we knew whats going on with the front office/coaching this year. This is the most backwards off year i have ever seen.

I keep going back and forth on why Pop is playing who hes playing. How can you justify playing the worst defenders, probably in the NBA, all at one time and say that you're trying to win? And then turn right around and say that the guys are needing to man up and get the job done. The decisions seem SO bad that this just has to be a deliberate tank job. Right?
    You would think so, but then you realize he's made 7th place with Team USA and told Bam Adebayo that he wasn't ready while playing Mason Plumlee. And he played Mills and Belinelli in the playoffs together after they gave up a 15 point lead, called time out and put them back in so they give up another 10-0 run which lost the series. Then gave Bertans away for free and signed Carroll, but doesn't play Carroll.

So there is a lot more evidence that he's just an idiotic coach than evidence for him trying to tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When’s the last time anyone has seen him? Where’s the body?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Well if the losing continues the next few years expect empty seats, that's how the fans speak about the product being put on the court if FO won't say or do anything like the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They used to have fan Q and As privately with season ticket holders. Don't know if they still do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Front office hasnt really given a about fans for years.

Product gets worse on and off the court and especially at the arena on a yearly basis.

I assume its still a god awful product at the AT&T Center. Dropped my tickets for this year due in large to rising prices, declining service and a team without a real direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frustrating as it is, I've always trusted Pop and the front office. He's not about to change just because of a losing record. Maybe this team has waited too long on Demar, I don't know. Because tonight's game shows the team plays better without him hugging the ball. It worked with Kobe, but Mamba was clutch. Demar is not. I don't know what's the deal with Carroll. That one is a big f*ck up. But despite the losing record, I know the Pop and the front office is trying their best to correct and steer back to winning.

Banned
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Not resigning Kyle was the final straw for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, if this team was in New York or Chicago, their media would roast them alive.
    Yeah the media keeps the knicks and bulls winning championships left and right with their hard hitting questions. Great examples and point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know. It was something that always left us speculating and thus coining the "CIA Pop" stuff. When they were winning so often as fan you don't care as much or at least you make fun of it, bc winning is what matters. But now? I think they have a product to sell and will probably need to have a public relations guy advise them or something bc they will need to get fans engaged again and trust in some kind of process in the future IMO.
    God some of you are so ing delusional. Spurstalk is not representative of Spurs fans everywhere. Contrary to your belief, no everyone out there hates Pop. Memphis has to engage fans because they've been awful forever. The Spurs aren't in that position and the don't operate that way and they never will as long as Pop is there.

You're not that important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Straight and to the point. Lets not act like anything else matters here. This thread is just finding another way to talk about how much better Memphis is than the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You will be alright girl. He's in a good situation for himself tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the media keeps the knicks and bulls winning championships left and right with their hard hitting questions. Great examples and point.
    lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You will be alright girl. He's in a good situation for himself tbh.
    You understand that's a troll account basically mocking you and your Kyle obsession, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You understand that's a troll account basically mocking you and your Kyle obsession, right?
    of course and I was just being sarcastic right back. I would have thought that was obvious.
    It's just funny how some fans still haven't themselves gotten over 2 year old schticks (and counting).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ Memphis being some shining beacon of front office competence.

The whining gets ridiculous. Imagine what it'll be like during a 10 year long rebuild that every small market team goes through.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Their FO did an overhaul... but it's obviously not about them. It's about how tight lipped the Spurs are with not communicating and answering questions from media (being unavailable at this point basically and ever since Wright took his position) and thus not addressing fans. It would have been obvious tbh... for fans not trolling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Their FO did an overhaul... but it's obviously not about them. It's about how tight lipped the Spurs are with not communicating and answering questions from media (being unavailable at this point basically and ever since Wright took his position) and thus not addressing fans. It would have been obvious tbh... for fans not trolling.
    The thing is, it's just ridiculous to expect it. It would be like waking up one day, astonished that the sky isn't red, and actually bringing it up in conversation. The sky is blue and has always been blue. To expect otherwise is absurd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, it's just ridiculous to expect it. It would be like waking up one day, astonished that the sky isn't red, and actually bringing it up in conversation. The sky is blue and has always been blue. To expect otherwise is absurd.
    That's not a great analogy. Sure the sky is still blue, but it is now falling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not a great analogy. Sure the sky is still blue, but it is now falling.
    But it's still not red...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    So, if PATFO were realistic, they would adjust their sails.

Tbh, while I have real qualms about the media failing to perform their duty and actually ask meaningful questions of Pop in his pressers, the gist of this thread never occurred to me. I honestly don't follow other NBA teams sufficiently to have any idea how much or little their HC and FOs communicate with their fans. The Spurs could be pretty typical for all I know. It does occur to me that it is not realistic to compare the team/fan communication of an NBA team to, say, an NFL team. With a roster of 15 and a starting unit of 5, anything critical of his team that an NBA coach might offer the media, or any insight into the team's plans can get very personal very quickly, with serious locker room ramifications. With a roster of 53, and 22 starters, an NFL coach can offer the press observations like "Our offensive line play was poor," which identifies a specific area of concern without pointing a finger at an individual. When an NBA coach says "Our PG play was poor," well...

Having said that, it is quite clear that a Spurs team that won 50 games every season with 3 players on the Spurs' Mt. Rushmore doesn't have the same publicity needs as one that has fallen off a cliff and doesn't appear to be doing anything to field a winner.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk right here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people really want to get high and mighty about Memphis? A team that is better than the Spurs, that has an actual star to build around? Dunk on Memphis for their coach hires, Chandler Parsons, and giving Kyle big $$, but they are set to kick our asses in the near future.

Thread Information