Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps I have missed the Front Office explaining their decisions for this season to fans. Is there an RC Buford or Pop interview about this? Is Brian Wright anywhere giving an interview about the Front Office decisions recently?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope, but ultimately they only have to justify there action to the owners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I remember seeing from the Spurs at the trade deadline was that comment from Pop that they aren't known for making moves at the trade deadline. That's just not enough info for fans as to what they have in mind going forward and what their plan is for turning things around. Instead one has to look at media for insight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are hemorrhaging fans. There must be some serious disarray internally to forget who you serve.
    SA is an incredible fan base. Fierce and loyal. Don’t treat them this way!!!!

Losing is ok. Rebuilding is ok. Not communicating with the people who have supported you is questionable.
    The nephew situation looks totally different now. Public Relations in this day and age are vital. Sad to see this
    fall apart in such a weak way. It’s like Kawhi’s team is still running things with the muteness and tone deafness to addressing anything. Might be time to find another interest besides the Spurs and NBA basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheering for a team is more than location, winning or losing. It is about character and the way you go about preparing and playing. You cheer for the athleticism. You cheer for the intelligence. You cheer for success under pressure. You cheer for the heart.

There is very little to even like about this team. They are not more gifted, they are far less intelligent, and when crunch time happens they get crunched. Heart? They are the scarecrows of the NBA. I am now a fan of blowing it up and would not mind an entire new roster and coach.

For now, maybe I will cheer for Danny Green or maybe Coach Bud. Maybe I'll look to the draft for hope. It would be nice to actually want to see or even go to a Spurs game, again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, if this team was in New York or Chicago, their media would roast them alive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish we knew whats going on with the front office/coaching this year. This is the most backwards off year i have ever seen.

I keep going back and forth on why Pop is playing who hes playing. How can you justify playing the worst defenders, probably in the NBA, all at one time and say that you're trying to win? And then turn right around and say that the guys are needing to man up and get the job done. The decisions seem SO bad that this just has to be a deliberate tank job. Right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish we knew whats going on with the front office/coaching this year. This is the most backwards off year i have ever seen.

I keep going back and forth on why Pop is playing who hes playing. How can you justify playing the worst defenders, probably in the NBA, all at one time and say that you're trying to win? And then turn right around and say that the guys are needing to man up and get the job done. The decisions seem SO bad that this just has to be a deliberate tank job. Right?
    It really is backwards... We basically just lose Bertans (and gain Murray), and we're on pace for basically half the wins as last year?

At this point, I really think the team is in tank mode for this season (get a good role player) and next season (2021 Draft, way better than this year's, trying to get generational talent). Cuz they know no one is gonna be able to stop the Lakers/Bucks/Clippers this year or next anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find interviews like this refreshing...

When I first read it I was naively like: "oh FO do communicate some of their rationale and plans to the fans!" Wow.

Other FO are certainly more open and communicative about their decisions to fans because they are trying to get more people interested and excited about the team, which the Spurs need to be doing. That makes sense obviously but having only fanned the Spurs previously I was surprised to see this kind of open communication and explanation about their moves. Even if the Spurs had made a trade, they would be tight lipped about it for example and I was used to that. But no more. They are too bad a team to take on airs like they don't have to sell fans anymore about what they are doing.

What Pop doesn't realize with his at ude towards the media is that the smart ass responses, deflections, failures to answer and cryptic comments are really all that fans hear from the FO about where the team is headed. We are consumers and they aren't making any kind of effort right now to sell fans on this product.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Pop doesn't realize with his at ude towards the media is that the smart ass responses, deflections, failures to answer and cryptic comments are really all that fans hear from the FO about where the team is headed. We are consumers and they aren't making any kind of effort right now to sell fans on this product.
    He and his slurpers thought he was witty and cutesy when Duncan and Kawhi were dragging his ass around.
    Now we're seeing what giving all power to Lord Poppy is resulting in.
    Young Holts don't know what they are doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they? Pop is most certainly retiring, what else would they say? As soon as the family recoups the money they spent on the ATT and future committed costs they are going to try moving to Vegas. Maybe they are already in the black and it is just a matter of the league approving the move

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has the FO even communicated with the fans before?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps I have missed the Front Office explaining their decisions for this season to fans. Is there an RC Buford or Pop interview about this? Is Brian Wright anywhere giving an interview about the Front Office decisions recently?

The Spurs never explain anything about what's going on to the fans. They didn't do it when they were winning, so I'm sure the last thing Pop wants to do is explain anything now that they suck.

And the media is scared to call him out, so no real questions ever get answered, much less get asked.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheering for a team is more than location, winning or losing. It is about character and the way you go about preparing and playing. You cheer for the athleticism. You cheer for the intelligence. You cheer for success under pressure. You cheer for the heart.

There is very little to even like about this team. They are not more gifted, they are far less intelligent, and when crunch time happens they get crunched. Heart? They are the scarecrows of the NBA. I am now a fan of blowing it up and would not mind an entire new roster and coach.

For now, maybe I will cheer for Danny Green or maybe Coach Bud. Maybe I'll look to the draft for hope. It would be nice to actually want to see or even go to a Spurs game, again.
    Well said!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs never explain anything about what's going on to the fans. They didn't do it when they were winning, so I'm sure the last thing Pop wants to do is explain anything now that they suck.

And the media is scared to call him out, so no real questions ever get answered, much less get asked.
    I know. It was something that always left us speculating and thus coining the "CIA Pop" stuff. When they were winning so often as fan you don't care as much or at least you make fun of it, bc winning is what matters. But now? I think they have a product to sell and will probably need to have a public relations guy advise them or something bc they will need to get fans engaged again and trust in some kind of process in the future IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t ask; don’t tell. The media doesn’t ask; PATFO and ownership don’t tell. Fans? Let them eat cake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait. will this lead to sagirl leaving the forum?!?!?

please don't ever say a word Pop!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been asking on Twitter and the consensus is the reporters have requested time to interview Wright but have been denied thus far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DPG21920 I know you have raised questions about Wright since b4 the trade deadline. The forum doesn't allow for search functions so finding that is like finding a needle in a haystack and not worth the time... but I do know for sure you have had questions about the FO changes and the direction they are taking for at least a month now.

Wright is not helping his case to appear as anything other than a stand in figure head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been asking on Twitter and the consensus is the reporters have requested time to interview Wright but have been denied thus far.
    When’s the last time anyone has seen him? Where’s the body?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told the season ticket rep a couple of weeks ago that I would not purchase tickets to watch Marco and Forbes play. He was emailing and calling me weekly desperate to sale me on the rest of this year and next. I will not commit to paying tens of thousands of dollars to a team that has no defined direction. I suspect I am not the only one. When the Spurs had TD, Manu, and Tony, the fan base did not need a lot of details because the core was in place. Right now, Derrick White can't even play 20 minutes consistently and I am not sure we have ever seen a Murray, White, Walker, DeRozen, and LA lineup. Why would anyone want to burn their money on this team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Will update if I get a response

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's really only chance of catching anything is if Buford over the summer watching players does an interview at halftime. But yeah, they're not doing to announce tank plans because they fear it'll tank sales. They're kicking the can as far down the road they can and still be able to eat the beans inside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told the season ticket rep a couple of weeks ago that I would not purchase tickets to watch Marco and Forbes play. He was emailing and calling me weekly desperate to sale me on the rest of this year and next. I will not commit to paying tens of thousands of dollars to a team that has no defined direction. I suspect I am not the only one. When the Spurs had TD, Manu, and Tony, the fan base did not need a lot of details because the core was in place. Right now, Derrick White can't even play 20 minutes consistently and I am not sure we have ever seen a Murray, White, Walker, DeRozen, and LA lineup. Why would anyone want to burn their money on this team?
    Thanks for this answer. I was guessing they were going to be more open with season ticket holders in non televised statements but I guess not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also naming rights to the stadium should be near

Thread Information