Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It's February. Most big donations and endorsements don't happen before the primary. It didn't happen that way for Toomey either.
    There are several races where the Democratic candidate has clearly emerged. Giffords’ husband in Arizona, Hickenlooper in Colorado, etc....the primary in those races is a mere formality and there’s plenty Bloomberg can be doing if he wanted to help those candidates.

Even though I disagree with him Hickenlooper is an example of someone not motivated by ego who really is focused on stopping the Republicans in any way he can the way Bloomberg isn’t. Once it became clear he wasn’t winning the primary he entered a senate race he was well positioned to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also LOL at Bloomberg saying he should pay more in taxes. Just like Trump said about his own taxes in 2016.
    well if the neoliberal version of "paying more taxes" is adding 2-3% to the highest bracket... thats a pretty damn good "worst case scenario" for the wealthy. makes them seem altruistic for saying "hey guys i'm willing to pay 2% more" when in reality they should be paying significantly more

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't he run as a spoiler to stop the wealth tax that got him to run in the first place? Are we supposed to take the word of these s bags instead of looking at their actions?
    The problem is that he doesn’t see Bloomberg as a s bag.

This is the at ude most mainstream Democrats have towards Bloomberg:

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is the at ude most mainstream Democrats have towards Bloomberg:

It's sports, have to stop Trump at all costs. But at that cost? The cost of both parties being unabashedly the parties of billionaires with the only meaningful difference being god and guns? No ing thanks.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't he run as a spoiler to stop the wealth tax that got him to run in the first place? Are we supposed to take the word of these s bags instead of looking at their actions?
    But you're not looking at his actions, you're selectively referencing actions that support your theory while ignoring actions that don't. He's out there spending billions of dollars on ads promoting gun control, immigration, separation of church/state, and combating Trumpism. He's given $800K to Democratic state candidates. If he's all about taxes, then he would have endorsed Donald Trump and more Republican candidates in 2016. He'd be supporting Trump in 2020 or, at worst, he'd already be running as a third party candidate.

The conspiracy theory doesn't fit. Wanting to disrupt the nomination of a Sanders/Warren candidacy isn't a predictor that he will sabotage them if they are picked. If it was, you could just as easily suggest EVERY Democrat hopeful is a potential spoiler after the primary.

Fortunately we've got 9 months to see what happens, so we really don't have to take anyone's word for anything. I think it's a wild theory, but we'll only know if Bloomberg doesn't win the nomination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are several races where the Democratic candidate has clearly emerged. Giffords’ husband in Arizona, Hickenlooper in Colorado, etc....the primary in those races is a mere formality and there’s plenty Bloomberg can be doing if he wanted to help those candidates.

Even though I disagree with him Hickenlooper is an example of someone not motivated by ego who really is focused on stopping the Republicans in any way he can the way Bloomberg isn’t. Once it became clear he wasn’t winning the primary he entered a senate race he was well positioned to win.
    Nonetheless, it's February. Talk to me in November.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's sports, have to stop Trump at all costs. But at that cost? The cost of both parties being unabashedly the parties of billionaires with the only meaningful difference being god and guns? No ing thanks.
    The bum. The voice of reason & moderation in troubled times.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It’s the one instance where I actually see Democrats being irrationally “triggered” by Trump’s offensive tweets when they stuff like anyone but Trump I’ll even take GWB back instead of Trump .

None of Trumps major policy decisions have deviated from the 21st century Republican playbook. Tax cuts for the rich, radical young right wing judges, environmental deregulation and letting Wall Street run wild. We would have gotten this from any other Republican candidate from Ted Cruz to Jeb Bush, yet Democrats act like Trump is so crazy to the point where we should completely ditch any semblance of left wing ideals by nominating Bloomberg if that would somehow beat Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see him as the far lesser of two s bags. I don't subscribe to the Republican in Dems Clothing conspiracy theories, and my only reason for participating is to combat the idea that 4 more years of Donald Trump and his cabinet/Senate lapdogs is preferable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see him as the far lesser of two s bags. I don't subscribe to the Republican in Dems Clothing conspiracy theories, and my only reason for participating is to combat the idea that 4 more years of Donald Trump and his cabinet/Senate lapdogs is preferable.
    why is the midget less of a s bag?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The last time Bloomberg ran for public office he ran as a Republican, it’s re ed to label the view that he’s a Republican trying to wear Dem clothing a conspiracy theory.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    why is the midget less of a s bag?
    because he doesn’t say mean stuff on twitter and is pro gun control

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because he doesn’t say mean stuff on twitter and is pro gun control

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you're not looking at his actions, you're selectively referencing actions that support your theory while ignoring actions that don't. He's out there spending billions of dollars on ads promoting gun control, immigration, separation of church/state, and combating Trumpism. He's given $800K to Democratic state candidates. If he's all about taxes, then he would have endorsed Donald Trump and more Republican candidates in 2016. He'd be supporting Trump in 2020 or, at worst, he'd already be running as a third party candidate.

The conspiracy theory doesn't fit. Wanting to disrupt the nomination of a Sanders/Warren candidacy isn't a predictor that he will sabotage them if they are picked. If it was, you could just as easily suggest EVERY Democrat hopeful is a potential spoiler after the primary.

Fortunately we've got 9 months to see what happens, so we really don't have to take anyone's word for anything. I think it's a wild theory, but we'll only know if Bloomberg doesn't win the nomination.
    You're giving this guy such a benefit of the doubt when he is spending money to raise his own profile. I think the wilder theory is an oligarch like him would actually pick a good replacement for RBG on the Supreme Court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last time Bloomberg ran for public office he ran as a Republican, it’s re ed to label the view that he’s a Republican trying to wear Dem clothing a conspiracy theory.
    And Donald Trump was a Democrat for most of his life. Still waiting on his secret liberal policies to be unveiled. George Will, Bill Kristol, Joe Walsh, Andrew Sullivan must also be secret Trump supporters.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And Donald Trump was a Democrat for most of his life. Still waiting on his secret liberal policies to be unveiled. George Will, Bill Kristol, Joe Walsh, Andrew Sullivan must also be secret Trump supporters.
    If you actually consider Bill ing Kristol a Democrat then I don’t even know what to say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're giving this guy such a benefit of the doubt when he is spending money to raise his own profile. I think the wilder theory is an oligarch like him would actually pick a good replacement for RBG on the Supreme Court.
    I've never put forth any theory that he would pick a "good" replacement. We know who Trump would pick. We have 4 years of evidence. All you either of us has with Bloomberg is speculation. But like I said, better the boat that might sink vs. the boat you know is sinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you actually consider Bill ing Kristol a Democrat then I don’t even know what to say
    I don't consider any of them Democrats. I'm saying their Trump opposition isn't super secret GOP support.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Bloomberg is on our side because he's on the other side of the GOP when it comes to god and guns

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I don't consider any of them Democrats. I'm saying their Trump opposition isn't 4-D Chess GOP support.
    Which is a strawman because no one is saying it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never put forth any theory that he would pick a "good" replacement. We know who Trump would pick. We have 4 years of evidence. All you either of us has with Bloomberg is speculation. But like I said, better the boat that might sink vs. the boat you know is sinking.
    It's naive to not know the boat's sinking with either picking RBG's replacement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black voters are the least informed and most shallow in the entire electorate, they vote on name recognition. , they backed Hilary over Obama even after several primaries were completed solely because of her last name and they were too stupid to figure out Obama was black. They'll never even hear of these clips, they don't watch the news or read the papers. They shifted +22 points to Bloomberg because they saw some ing TV commercials during NBA games and the Super Bowl

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Black voters are the least informed and most shallow in the entire electorate, they vote on name recognition. , they backed Hilary for several primaries over Obama solely because of her last name and they were too stupid to figure out Obama was black. They'll never even hear of these clips, they don't watch the news or read the papers. They shifted +22 points to Bloomberg because they saw some ing TV commercials during NBA games and the Super Bowl
    Just remember it was the old Cubster who christened you "Splits."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is a strawman because no one is saying it is.
    For several pages we've been debating whether Bloomberg is only running as a Democrat because he'd rather see Trump win than Warren or Sanders. I'm not talking about labels here, I'm talking about sincerity. People who were Republicans in the past have been pushed to the Democratic Party because of Trumpism, which is now the definition of Republicanism.

The real problem is that the Democrat tent is too wide. That's a result of the GOP being extremely right wing but still somehow having enough electoral votes disproportionately in their favor to win national elections.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Black voters are the least informed and most shallow in the entire electorate, they vote on name recognition. , they backed Hilary for several primaries over Obama solely because of her last name and they were too stupid to figure out Obama was black. They'll never even hear of these clips, they don't watch the news or read the papers. They shifted +22 points to Bloomberg because they saw some ing TV commercials during NBA games and the Super Bowl
    Truth bombs.

They liked Biden because he was Obama’s VP (even though Obama only picked him as a VP to try and appeal to whites) and ignored Biden’s track record on crime....now they like Bloomberg because of a superficial super bowl ad that had a black woman in it even though Bloomberg supported stop and frisk policing

To be fair it’s not black millennials, it’s the middle aged and older black voters who go to church every Sunday and listen to their pastor tell them who to vote for after shouting “oh lawdy!!!” for three hours because they can’t think for themselves.

Thread Information