Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh it does concern me, not Wade specifically but the whole children transgender thing as a whole.
    Well, it shouldn't. It's not your life and it doesn't have any effect on your life whatsoever.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i am not sure that a 12 year old knows what they will be for the rest of their life. If you're an adult and decide to be gay or trans I don't really care, do what you want, but this celebs supporting their kids into being trans is just weird. And this kid is just 12, there's Hollywood morons that do it to their 3 year olds. , when i was 5 i also had to play with a barbie cause of my cousins, but I dont think my mom or dad were like, ok, time to call him a her and dress him up into a princess.
    Curious what your reaction would be if your 12 year old son told you he was gay and wanted to dress as a woman.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Well, it shouldn't. It's not your life and it doesn't have any effect on your life whatsoever.
    I understand what you’re saying but I don’t think this is as simple as gay marriage (ie an issue that has no impact on anyone’s life).

To be clear far as just dressing like the other gender I agree it’s not a real issue and kids should be able to do whatever they want but letting a 12 year old start hormone therapy that has irreversible effects is too much imo. There needs to at a minimum be more science behind ensuring that giving hormone therapy to a body that’s going through puberty and isn’t developed doesn’t have adverse health effects.

It also doesn’t make any sense to have laws saying 12 year olds aren’t mature enough to drink alcohol or smoke weed responsibly but are mature enough to sign up for permanent life altering hormone therapy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that it shouldn’t but stuff like that does affect me. It’s more conferences, more training, more paper work, more time, literature to read, and overall more hassle for me. Like I said, it’s the overall concept of children switching gender that has an effect on me. But yes in an ideal world I agree with you, but I haven’t found that place yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand what you’re saying but I don’t think this is as simple as gay marriage (ie an issue that has no impact on anyone’s life).

To be clear far as just dressing like the other gender I agree it’s not a real issue and kids should be able to do whatever they want but letting a 12 year old start hormone therapy that has irreversible effects is too much imo. There needs to at a minimum be more science behind ensuring that giving hormone therapy to a body that’s going through puberty and isn’t developed doesn’t have adverse health effects.

It also doesn’t make any sense to have laws saying 12 year olds aren’t mature enough to drink alcohol or smoke weed responsibly but are mature enough to sign up for permanent life altering hormone therapy.
    Is Wade doing that with his kid? Yeah that's way too far. No one should be allowed to do that until 17.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbf its supposed to help them look more feminine if they do the hormone therapy before puberty. There's a show about a young trans kid on TLC that did it before puberty and she looks pretty feminine. She mentions that as a reason for doing it so soon. Still not sure I agree with it but then again maybe it will become the norm pretty soon like gay marriage has. Wasn't that long ago that the concept of gay marriage was weird to me.

GF watches the show so sometimes I catch bits of it btw. Before any of you gots talk about me watching it. I know a lot about Teen Mom and My Big Fabulous Life too. No .

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious what your reaction would be if your 12 year old son told you he was gay and wanted to dress as a woman.
    i'll go on ellen and call my son a she.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'll go on ellen and call my son a she.
    So you'd pray the gay away?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some studies show most kids grow out of this tbh. This really shouldn't be brought out into the public sphere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some studies show most kids grow out of this tbh. This really shouldn't be brought out into the public sphere.
    i can't remember the term exactly but there is one for being influenced into this "life style" by their peers and "woke culture".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have heard some people who have gone through the transition as an adult regretted doing so later on. That's why I believe it's a decision that someone should not be able to make until they reach adulthood.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Just proving my point further tbh
    you with friends yo, make yo peace I aint here to judge you fella

Thread Information