Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Saw on CNN this morning w/Brooke Baldwin interviwing Sander's campaign manager/Weaver.

BB:::"If Bernie is the nominee will he accept money from Bloomberg?"

Weaver:::Hemmed & hawed.

BB:::"Yes, or no, will he accept money from Bloomberg?"

Weaver:::"No."

ADDENDUM:::& by God I'm holding him to that decision.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Oliver DESTROYED every argument against M4A tonight.

• Nobody knows what it will actually cost. Anyone saying otherwise is full of .
    • Most cost estimates come in at or below our nations current public and private sector combined health care spending, and even if it doesn’t end up that way, it’s worth it.
    • The idea of “choice” is an illusion. Most people have one choice: Whatever their employer offers them.
    • People often have no choice at all in emergencies but to go out-of-network — often even when they’ve gone out of their way to try to stay in network.
    • Under M4A, every provider is in network.
    • The “wait time” argument about other nations with nationalized healthcare that is currently a favorite of those opposed to M4A is basically bogus and based on non-emergency or elective procedures.
    • People wait ridiculous amounts of time *now* because they simply cannot afford the co-pays and deductibles needed to be met to get said procedures.
    • A system where people have to choose between one life saving medication or another due to cost is inherently unjust.
    • Yes, people in the health care bureaucracy will need new jobs, but that can be handled and is part of the plans offered by both Sanders and Warren.
    • The current system, as Oliver put it, is a “ sandwich”, while “Medicare for all who want it” is “still a sandwich, only with avocado on it because the same still remains.”

And finally, the most succinct point:

• If you’re arguing against M4A, you’re arguing for all of the flaws and unfairness inherent in our current system and you need to own that.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/2/16/1919769/-John-Oliver-DESTROYED-every-argument-against-M4A-tonight?detail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't this the Fed govt., for the most part?
    The loans are federally backed to a certain extent but I don’t think it’s the government that’s making money on the interest payments. Im obviously not fully knowledgeable on how it works but iirc it’s a heads the lender wins tails the tax payer loses situation.

What I do know is that they’re not forgiveable in bankruptcy court which is the problem. Fix that and the market would take care of a big part of it and colleges would be forced to make it more affordable imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw on CNN this morning w/Brooke Baldwin interviwing Sander's campaign manager/Weaver.

Is she still looking thick? Them thighs used to make me a CNN watcher. No more though.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is she still looking thick? Them thighs used to make me a CNN watcher. No more though.
    Yep, & she shows 'em off once or twice a week. Backs away from the desk, crosses the legs so you get the entire spectacle.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Oliver DESTROYED every argument against M4A tonight.

• Nobody knows what it will actually cost. Anyone saying otherwise is full of .
    • Most cost estimates come in at or below our nations current public and private sector combined health care spending, and even if it doesn’t end up that way, it’s worth it.
    • The idea of “choice” is an illusion. Most people have one choice: Whatever their employer offers them.
    • People often have no choice at all in emergencies but to go out-of-network — often even when they’ve gone out of their way to try to stay in network.
    • Under M4A, every provider is in network.
    • The “wait time” argument about other nations with nationalized healthcare that is currently a favorite of those opposed to M4A is basically bogus and based on non-emergency or elective procedures.
    • People wait ridiculous amounts of time *now* because they simply cannot afford the co-pays and deductibles needed to be met to get said procedures.
    • A system where people have to choose between one life saving medication or another due to cost is inherently unjust.
    • Yes, people in the health care bureaucracy will need new jobs, but that can be handled and is part of the plans offered by both Sanders and Warren.
    • The current system, as Oliver put it, is a “ sandwich”, while “Medicare for all who want it” is “still a sandwich, only with avocado on it because the same still remains.”

And finally, the most succinct point:

• If you’re arguing against M4A, you’re arguing for all of the flaws and unfairness inherent in our current system and you need to own that.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/2/16/1919769/-John-Oliver-DESTROYED-every-argument-against-M4A-tonight?detail=emaildkre
    Video doesn't suck seven minutes in; but meh.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump makes it soo much easier.
    He just blatantly lies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    new, very favorable poll coming out of nevada

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Weird poll. Warren who is going down in flames along with Biden got a positive rebound. From where I wonder.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Weird poll. Warren who is going down in flames along with Biden got a positive rebound. From where I wonder.
    Blacks and Hispanics most likely.

Its remarkable that Buttplugs and Klobuchars surging popularity with whites has not made one iota of a different in terms of support they’re getting from minorities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    **Trigger Warning for Nathan89**

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

no new polls out of nevada today, but they dropped the USA Today poll from their average for being too remote in time, so the spread between those 2 other polls now has Bernie +14 in Nevada

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will the Wealthy Class, aka The Oligarchy that owns and operates USA, on a 45-year win streak, destroy Bernie, the non-Wealthy class pol?

The Escalating Class War Against Bernie Sanders

Bernie Sanders is public enemy number one for power elites that thrive on economic injustice.

The Bernie 2020 campaign is a direct threat to the undemocratic leverage that extremely wealthy individuals and huge corporations constantly exert on the political process.

we’re now seeing so much anti-Bernie rage from leading corporate Democrats — eagerly amplified by corporate media.

hath no fury like corporate power scorned.

the Sanders campaign seeks to replace with genuine democracy —

disempowering great wealth and corporate heft while empowering everyday people to participate in a truly democratic process.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/02/18/the-escalating-class-war-against-bernie-sanders/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bloomberg and even warren taking shots at mean bernie bros

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBC/WSJ just put out another national poll... similar story

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    NBC/WSJ just put out another national poll... similar story

There were also several polls I saw recently on figethirtyeight that just had hypothetical one on one matchups and all the ones with Bernie had him beating the other candidate by a wide margin.

Important as it dispensed the notion that Bernie is only winning because the other candidates are taking votes from each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were also several polls I saw recently on figethirtyeight that just had hypothetical one on one matchups and all the ones with Bernie had him beating the other candidate by a wide margin.

Important as it dispensed the notion that Bernie is only winning because the other candidates are taking votes from each other.
    yeah, i think aarony pointed out something similar before. its an easy trap to fall into. i still do... i know the data reflects what you're saying but i still find it counterintuitive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no new polls out of nevada today, but they dropped the USA Today poll from their average for being too remote in time, so the spread between those 2 other polls now has Bernie +14 in Nevada
    There are a pair of polls done by Univision and Telemundo that also have Bernie leading but not by the gross margin seem here. Also they only conducted it with the aim of latinos in mind.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1138181

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a pair of polls done by Univision and Telemundo that also have Bernie leading but not by the gross margin seem here. Also they only conducted it with the aim of latinos in mind.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1138181
    yeah, that is exclusively polling hispanics, who make up about 17% of the state

biden is all-in on south carolina right now. he needs to crush it there.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    yeah, that is exclusively polling hispanics, who make up about 17% of the state

biden is all-in on south carolina right now. he needs to crush it there.
    The speech he gave after New Hampshire was hilarious:

”THERE’S STILL A BLACK AND HISPANIC VOTE AND IM STAYING IN THE RACE HOPING I CAN GET IT!!! WHITE PEOPLE!!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think most of bernies rise has been warren backers switching as she falls. Bloomberg is starting to take votes from the others.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sanders surges into national lead in new Post-ABC poll

has surged nationally and now holds a sizable lead over all of his rivals for the Democratic presidential nomination

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sanders-surges-into-national-lead-in-new-post-abc-poll/2020/02/19/868266a4-5280-11ea-929a-64efa7482a77_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most& utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_m ost

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie Sanders and the Revenge of the Superdelegates

Unless Bernie Sanders wins enough delegates to capture the Democratic Party nomination on the first ballot,

he is not going to be the nominee.

The reason will be that the superdelegates–those same people who were his wrath in 2016–

will come back to deny him the nomination.

In 2020 there will be 3,979 delegates to the Democratic National Convention who will be selected as a result of primaries and caucuses.

To win the nomination one needs 1,991 delegates.

If Bernie Sanders does not get to this number by the first round,

the 771 Superdelegates will get to vote, and he will need 2,376 votes to win.

Fat chance!

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/02/19/bernie-sanders-and-the-revenge-of-the-superdelegates/

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Breaking News: Bernie Expends Lead To An Even Ten, Bloomberg Virtually Tied With Joe Biden

Thread Information