Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everybody go get your student loans now while u can

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie has a lot of enthusiasm among younger voters. It will be interesting to see how that pans out.

Way more than Hillary did that's for sure.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie has a lot of enthusiasm among younger voters. It will be interesting to see how that pans out.
    They need to get off their asses in Nevada, South Carolina, and then on super Tuesday then. I'm really worried Bloomberg is going to buy his way to the nomination. His ads are inescapable in Texas and I'm sure elsewhere in big super Tuesday states also. And I'd vote Trump + straight GOP ticket without a second thought if the alternative is Bloomberg taking the Democrats into being a right wing party with a few wedge issue left leanings. I don't need two GOP to "choose" from on election days in the future, the Democrats are already too righteanig for my tastes but Bloomberg running the party and turning it straight right wing economically is a bridge way too far.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to get off their asses in Nevada, South Carolina, and then on super Tuesday then. I'm really worried Bloomberg is going to buy his way to the nomination. His ads are inescapable in Texas and I'm sure elsewhere in big super Tuesday states also. And I'd vote Trump + straight GOP ticket without a second thought if the alternative is Bloomberg taking the Democrats into being a right wing party with a few wedge issue left leanings. I don't need two GOP to "choose" from on election days in the future, the Democrats are already too righteanig for my tastes but Bloomberg running the party and turning it straight right wing economically is a bridge way too far.
    Right wing fiscally with pro environmentalism, pro choice, pro gay marriage, pro legalization.... but the anti gun thing makes him blue IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everybody go get your student loans now while u can
    So Trump can beat Bernie in a landslide in November and then jack up the interest rates on those? Good plan tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way more than Hillary did that's for sure.
    corrupt mainstream establishment Clintons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Trump can beat Bernie in a landslide in November and then jack up the interest rates on those? Good plan tbh
    cry about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sanders is currently odds on favorite at fivethirtyeight.com by a small margin.

He is projected to win supertuesday by a large margin, which will likely gel a lof of support/opposition.

There are now more millenials eligible to vote than there are living baby boomers.

Younger= likely Democrats

Ain't no one under 40 voting for a billionaire on the left, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He is projected to win supertuesday by a large margin, which will likely gel a lof of support/opposition.

There are now more millenials eligible to vote than there are living baby boomers.

Can't say I trust fivethirtyeight at all right now when Sanders has bounced around from 40% to >50% to 30% to 40% over the last two days there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That depends on how Biden does in Nevada and South Carolina. The guy has a final chance to live in those states that would position him to win quite the few states.

Alabama
    Arkansas
    NC
    Texas
    Tennessee
    Virginia

Aren't states I see as Bernie ones. Klobuchar will sooner win those before Bernie, imo.

The fact California moved into Super Tuesday is great news for him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, he's way ahead with the kids and the hispanic vote, took the lead in overall poc vote. We'll see with Nevada and SC if that data holds true.

Assuming Biden and Warren drop out, wonder where their voters go as well. The Bloomberg variable is pretty weird and annoying right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That depends on how Biden does in Nevada and South Carolina. The guy has a final chance to live in those states that would position him to win quite the few states.

Alabama
    Arkansas
    NC
    Texas
    Tennessee
    Virginia

Aren't states I see as Bernie ones. Klobuchar will sooner win those before Bernie, imo.
    The only of those states that should even matter are Virginia and NC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only of those states that should even matter are Virginia and NC.
    I dont know. Alabama has 61 delegates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_A...cratic_primary

Alabama, Texas and like you said NC is gonna set someone up pretty nicely. That's the only reason I want Biden to stay on. I just dont like Pete or Amy. Definitely Bloomberg.

I'd go with Bernie in the end though. But what is his path if he gets killed in the south like in 2016?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I’m hopeful their turnout in New Hampshire was due to the state’s re ed car registration law that completely s college students and younger millennials out of voting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't say I trust fivethirtyeight at all right now when Sanders has bounced around from 40% to >50% to 30% to 40% over the last two days there.
    Fivethirtyeight is the best available data, but far from infallible. I give it more credence, say, than Rasmussen or Fox. Dunno.

You may find this interesting if you haven't read it:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...-theory-108944

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fivethirtyeight is the best available data, but far from infallible. I give it more credence, say, than Rasmussen or Fox. Dunno.

yep. i've been saying for some time that as long as our voter participation rate reminds ty, driving turnout (ie tapping into the base) is more effective than trying to win over people in the middle. why go through the hassle of "winning over" voters when you have millions of voters at home that you can just energize?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know. Alabama has 61 delegates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_A...cratic_primary

Alabama, Texas and like you said NC is gonna set someone up pretty nicely. That's the only reason I want Biden to stay on. I just dont like Pete or Amy. Definitely Bloomberg.

I'd go with Bernie in the end though. But what is his path if he gets killed in the south like in 2016?
    I mean only Virigina and NC should matter because they're the only ones that would matter in the general thanks to the electoral college making the other states completely worthless towards electing a Democratic nominee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah I read that. Makes a lot of sense in today's political climate with crap turnout, the electoral college, and a Republican propaganda machine dominating radio, cable "news", and local news.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read recently that in 2016 the polls by academics had Trash winning, while "other", pundit polls said Hillary.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It’s revisionist history for that article to say the academic polls had Trump winning, none of the polls had Trump winning.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Communism also has a lot of support among younger Americans. That combined with Bernie effectively paying people to vote for him explains a lot tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016 and Hillary =/= 2020 and Bernie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s revisionist history for that article to say the academic polls had Trump winning, none of the polls had Trump winning.
    yeah, boutons' "... I read recently that .... polls by academics had Trump winning" is worse than my worst football take ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean only Virigina and NC should matter because they're the only ones that would matter in the general thanks to the electoral college making the other states completely worthless towards electing a Democratic nominee.
    NC isn't going blue. NC and Indiana in '08 were a first-black-prez fluke.

Thread Information