Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw, the clip in question, in its entirety, is from 0:15 to 0:45

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Gore basically tied and Clinton lost by a whole 1.2%. Somehow Bernie is a lock after inviting the Cubans back to be vote solidly Republican.
    Where did I say he’s a lock? None of the candidates are even close to a lock and I never said otherwise.

I’ll agree though that if the goal is to barely lose Florida or to “basically tie” Trump in the state (but still lose) then we should go Bloomer all the way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is how politics works.
    if rubes keep pushing it...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did I say he’s a lock? None of the candidates are even close to a lock and I never said otherwise.

I’ll agree though that if the goal is to barely lose Florida or to “basically tie” Trump in the state (but still lose) then we should go Bloomer all the way
    So we should go Bernie and lose big!

if rubes keep pushing it...
    And they will. It won't stop, so color in FL red permanent marker for 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And we will. It won't stop, so color in FL red permanent marker for 2020.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t mean this negatively but your posts have a pretty dry tone so it’s hard to tell.

What Republicans are you talking about them? The ones I know who are truly disgusted with Trump (not very many) are voting for whoever the Dem is even if it’s Sanders.
    Where do you live, though? Is it a thing where you're surrounded by so many liberals that most of the few conservatives around are extra vocal just to be contrarian?

Aside from a few exceptions, almost every conservative I know in Texas would consider most of the Democrat candidates over Trump, but I don't have a lot of confidence that they'll vote for Bernie. That's anecdotal of course but I think you're underestimating the number of former Republicans who would cast a vote for a moderate Dem against Trump, but I also agree that the Bernie enthusiasm might outnumber it. I really have no idea.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    yup

not to mention the russians helped desantis cheat

against gillum

but the fbi refuses to disclose their investigation findings due to

nat’l security reasons
    Meh I like Gillum and think he’s would have otherwise been good but he had the wrong skin color in a state dominated by poor white trash. He was a victim of people giving one answer in polls but then getting into the voting booth and voting against scary black man.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Where do you live, though? Is it a thing where you're surrounded by so many liberals that most of the few conservatives around are extra vocal just to be contrarian?

Aside from a few exceptions, almost every conservative I know in Texas would consider most of the Democrat candidates over Trump, but I don't have a lot of confidence that they'll vote for Bernie. I think you're underestimating the number of former Republicans who would cast a vote for a moderate Dem against Trump, but I also agree that the Bernie enthusiasm might outnumber it. I really have no idea.
    Yeah everyone knows a DarrinS type Republican who says they’ll consider voting for Biden or Bloomer over Trump...the results of the 2016 election should tell you that’s bull though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm telling you what will happen. Bernie just gave Trump all the ammo he needs to keep FL. I don't think Bernie can be contrite enough to save it. Dude's gonna dig in. Shoot the messenger if you want.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah everyone knows a DarrinS type Republican who says they’ll consider voting for Biden or Bloomer over Trump...the results of the 2016 election should tell you that’s bull though.
    Nah, I believe these people, these aren't insecure cheerleaders who get a lot of weird joy out of seeing random "lib s" on the internet get mad. A good number of them voted for Hillary. Others voted for Trump thinking he'd surround himself with smarter people who would keep him in check, and he'd end up being more levelheaded once he actually won. Oops.
    Last edited by Spurminator; 02-24-2020 at 03:30 PM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Sanders’ comments about Castro go back decades, the most recent one isn’t going to change anything in the long term.

Honestly my bigger concern with Florida and Sanders is (even though he’s Jewish) his pro-Palestine stance alienating older Jews in Southeast Florida who are typically heavily liberal.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This Bernie love fest is starting to remind me of Beto...

Bernto?
    good one, boomer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Aside from a few exceptions, almost every conservative I know in Texas would consider most of the Democrat candidates over Trump, but I don't have a lot of confidence that they'll vote for Bernie. I think you're underestimating the number of former Republicans who would cast a vote for a moderate Dem against Trump, but I also agree that the Bernie enthusiasm might outnumber it. I really have no idea.
    the approaches are generating new turnout vs flipping votes. of course the ideal answer is "both" but i dont know that pete/amy/biden/bloomberg are going to do the former, or that sanders/warren would do the latter.

and if you had to lean one way, its an open question. i would argue that in a country with poor turnout figures, there is enough of an untapped base that focusing on turnout/excitement/mobilization is the more viable approach. and the largest pool of untapped votes, by age, is the younger vote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DIE BERNIE DIE! ALL YOU COMMIE LOSERS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man i remember that time obama colored in florida with a permanent red marker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bernie candidate not Obama

don't get pissy. I'm just saying what's going to happen. Bernie ed himself and probably won't do anything to un himself. He's pretty arrogant that way.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    DIE BERNIE DIE! ALL YOU COMMIE LOSERS!
    Is this the drugs or the bipolar taking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

BTW, FL did indeed go red a few months after he said that so maybe not the best counter argument....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh I like Gillum and think he’s would have otherwise been good but he had the wrong skin color in a state dominated by poor white trash. He was a victim of people giving one answer in polls but then getting into the voting booth and voting against scary black man.

i agree

but the fbi found voting machines hacked

and desantis went from congress and staunch trump supporter

to governor- overnight

fbi refused to disclose what happened

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the drugs or the bipolar taking?
    whatever LARDASS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bernie asked about castro... he denounces the authoritarianism multiple times, makes a single comment about the literacy program being a good thing.

reaction: OMG he went out of his way to praise a dictator
    He made the comment praising Castro back in the 80s and was being asked about it. This is the same plays the Rs are gonna throw at him in the general. It's not a one-off comment being blown out of proportion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He made the comment praising Castro back in the 80s and was being asked about it. This is the same plays the Rs are gonna throw at him in the general. It's not a one-off comment being blown out of proportion.
    so he hasn't changed then? commie bernout. i hope he breathes his last breath soon enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right? This is so stupid. WE WANT BERNIE TO WIN IF HE IS NOMINATED. WE DON'T WANT HIM ING HIMSELF BEFORE HE EVEN WINS THE NOMINATION. HE IS CURRENTLY ING HIMSELF BEFORE HE EVEN WINS THE NOMINATION.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right? This is so stupid. WE WANT BERNIE TO WIN IF HE IS NOMINATED. WE DON'T WANT HIM ING HIMSELF BEFORE HE EVEN WINS THE NOMINATION. HE IS CURRENTLY ING HIMSELF BEFORE HE EVEN WINS THE NOMINATION.
    I don't get it either. You'd think he'd run away from praising dictators rather than doubling down on he said in the 80s that probably won't do him any favors in a key swing state.

Thread Information