Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie Sanders’s universal childcare plan would mean Millennials like me could start families

The financial burden of having children is immense, and that’s not accounting for lifestyle changes that often accompany parenthood.

Many new parents find themselves in need of a larger house or vehicle, or potentially reorienting their career path so that they can make more money, work closer to home, or leave the workforce for a while so they don’t have to pay for childcare.

Having children is as much a financial decision as it is an emotional one, and for many Millennials, the numbers just don’t add up.

It costs
    about $13,000 per year to have a child, and according to the Center for American Progress, dropping a baby off at a licensed daycare facility costs an average of $1,230 per month.

the percentage of new mothers under the age of 35 has decreased,

while the percentage of mothers with postsecondary degrees has
    risen.

It’s no wonder that the American birth rate is the
    lowest it’s been since 1972.

https://theoutline.com/post/8738/ber...=1&zi=5hjumzub

Again, Capitalists guard the gateway to children.

"Wanna have a kid? Pay up, suckers"

It's a choice between having kids or having more cool .

"Middle class" in 1960 was husband working and wife staying home cooking 3 meals a day from scratch and raising kids. They lived in a 2 bedroom frame house with no air conditioning, had one car they drove till the wheels fell off, one small black and white TV with 3 channels that went off at midnight.. They might eat out once a month and it was a "special occasion". They had one phone and talked really fast if they had to make a long distance call.

They could afford to have kids because they weren't spending their money on a bunch of other .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a choice between having kids or having more cool .

"Middle class" in 1960 was husband working and wife staying home cooking 3 meals a day from scratch and raising kids. They lived in a 2 bedroom frame house with no air conditioning, had one car they drove till the wheels fell off, one small black and white TV with 3 channels that went off at midnight.. They might eat out once a month and it was a "special occasion". They had one phone and talked really fast if they had to make a long distance call.

They could afford to have kids because they weren't spending their money on a bunch of other .
    The costs of education, housing and health care relative to wages/salary are far higher now than 40 years ago.

Frugality only goes so far when costs rise so much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dem/Clinton establishment hack Carville calls / red-baits Bernie as a Communist, Bloomberg, protecting his wealth, says the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The costs of education, housing and health care relative to wages/salary are far higher now than 40 years ago.

Frugality only goes so far when costs rise so much.
    I agree the cost of education is ridiculous. It is directly related to the availability of student loans. Housing cost? A 3/2/2 house in 1960 was definitely upper class. Dominion type mansions didn't even exist. Middle class was a 2 bedroom, one bath , no air conditioned house which can still be bought on a middle class salary. You can't compare the cost of health care from 1960 to today because the product is so different. In 1960 if you had a heart attack or got cancer or any other major disease you just died.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree the cost of education is ridiculous. It is directly related to the availability of student loans. Housing cost? A 3/2/2 house in 1960 was definitely upper class. Dominion type mansions didn't even exist. Middle class was a 2 bedroom, one bath , no air conditioned house which can still be bought on a middle class salary. You can't compare the cost of health care from 1960 to today because the product is so different. In 1960 if you had a heart attack or got cancer or any other major disease you just died.
    compared to other industrial countries with advanced UNIVERSAL health care and that often prescribe American drugs and use American health devices,

USA wastes about $1T / year and gets worse health outcomes than comparable countries, so that if you're poor you suffer and die many years earlier than the rich.

American longevity is about the same as other advanced countries IF Americans live long enough to reach Medicare age.

American health care is just another necessity, like so many others, controlled by Capitalists to extract wealth out of Americans and the government.

The Capitalists' scam: "you want to live? pay the up"
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-26-2020 at 10:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

could the establishment be facing reality and seeing Bernie dominate?!?!

holy

Bernie is so far ahead in the polls only a heart attack coukd stop him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

could the establishment be facing reality and seeing Bernie dominate?!?!

holy

Bernie is so far ahead in the polls only a heart attack coukd stop him
    The oligarchy, including wealthy Dems who could be extremely liberal,progressive on all topics except their "cheese" don't touch it, has not yet begun to spend.

$100Ms, $B?, will be spent to red-bait, slander, trash Bernie, every ing day, every ing hour, and stupd people will begin to believe it because they heard it everywhere. Must be true, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Will Hunting didn't i tell your ass a couple months back that black people will vote for whoever has the best chance to win the nomination? I knew the Biden support wasn't going to last. Only thing holding us up was the older demographic who watch cnn/msnbc and get their orders from them. It took a little time but we finally got them on board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

American longevity is about the same as other advanced countries IF Americans live long enough to reach Medicare age.
    They aren't dying young because of lack of health care. Statistically the early deaths are mostly self inflicted by drugs, alcohol, murder, suicide, car wrecks, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie could be possibly Obama on steroids

its happening?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bloomberg is really in the race just to stop Bernie from winning the nomination, his best move at this point is probably to just drop out so his votes will go back to Biden.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    team bloomberg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bloomberg voters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Costs are costs and are comparable across time. It's true the product has changed: the US delivers health care at a much higher cost with worse outcomes than pretty much all other rich countries and even some of the poor ones.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ann Coulter with an unintentional Warren endorsement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Costs are costs and are comparable across time. It's true the product has changed: the US delivers health care at a much higher cost with worse outcomes than pretty much all other rich countries and even some of the poor ones.
    Sure. That's why people come from all over the world to our doctors and hospitals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. That's why people come from all over the world to our doctors and hospitals.
    that's why RICH people come to USA from non-industrial countries with weak health care systems, and pay $100Ks CASH for treatment

Poor people in those countries, just like in USA, suffer and die under-treated or not treated, or treated too late.

Longevity in USA states that expanded Medicaid INCREASED while red/slave states that did expand Medicaid let their people suffer and die to spite that knitter Obama

aka, negligent manslaughter by Repug state policy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Will Hunting didn't i tell your ass a couple months back that black people will vote for whoever has the best chance to win the nomination? I knew the Biden support wasn't going to last. Only thing holding us up was the older demographic who watch cnn/msnbc and get their orders from them. It took a little time but we finally got them on board.

I think people are finally starting to get on board that Bernie is the only one with a real shot at beating Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no contradiction between that and what I said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no contradiction between that and what I said.
    Notably, the person who travels to the US for care has cleared the toughest hurdle, the ability to pay for it, which correlates strongly with better health outcomes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thousands of times more common is Americans traveling abroad to get healthcare because they simply cannot afford to be ripped off by American doctors

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Notably, the person who travels to the US for care has cleared the toughest hurdle, the ability to pay for it, which correlates strongly with better health outcomes.
    To your point the people who travel to America for healthcare are usually ultra rich individuals...it’s not like middle class Canadians come to the US to get the healthcare middle class Americans get.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Reuters/Ipsos public opinion poll was conducted online, in English, throughout the United States. It gathered responses from 4,439 U.S. adults, including 2,244 who identified as registered Democrats or independents and 446 African Americans. The poll has a credibility interval, a measure of precision, of between 2 and 5 percentage points.
    Outlier poll done online. Lol and what’s worse is that the African American who did took part in this were massively under represented.

There is no doubt Bernie has made significant ground on this group though.

Thread Information