My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federal judge rules Cuccinelli appointment unlawful
    The order suspends policies he issued while leading U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

A D.C.-based federal judge ruled Sunday that President Donald Trump's appointment of Ken Cuccinelli as acting U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services director violated the Federal Vacancies Reform Act, a decision that suspends two policies Cuccinelli implemented while leading the agency.

Cuccinelli, an immigration hard-liner who was previously attorney general in Virginia, became acting head of USCIS in June, assuming the newly created role of “principal deputy director." In November, Cuccinelli also assumed the position of "senior official performing the duties of the deputy secretary" at USCIS' parent agency, the Department of Homeland Security.

In his ruling, U.S. District Judge Randolph Moss said Cuccinelli was never eligible to become acting USCIS chief.

The order strikes down directives from Cuccinelli that sped up asylum-seekers' initial screenings limited extensions of those hearings, on the grounds that Cuccinelli lacked authority to issue them.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...nlawful-118477

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Activist judges doing activist judge things.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The order suspends policies he issued while leading U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

A D.C.-based federal judge ruled Sunday that President Donald Trump's appointment of Ken Cuccinelli as acting U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services director violated the Federal Vacancies Reform Act, a decision that suspends two policies Cuccinelli implemented while leading the agency.

Cuccinelli, an immigration hard-liner who was previously attorney general in Virginia, became acting head of USCIS in June, assuming the newly created role of “principal deputy director." In November, Cuccinelli also assumed the position of "senior official performing the duties of the deputy secretary" at USCIS' parent agency, the Department of Homeland Security.

In his ruling, U.S. District Judge Randolph Moss said Cuccinelli was never eligible to become acting USCIS chief.

The order strikes down directives from Cuccinelli that sped up asylum-seekers' initial screenings limited extensions of those hearings, on the grounds that Cuccinelli lacked authority to issue them.

laws dont apply to trump or the GOP anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Someone explain this statement. It's hard to follow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What judge works Sunday ing liberal piece of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What judge works Sunday ing liberal piece of
    If he was conservative he'd be a plucky hard working American, huh?

Federal judges are overworked and stretched really thin. Complain to your senator, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone explain this statement. It's hard to follow.
    probably some typo there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what happens when you shove people in without Congressional confirmation. I'm sure the administration will appeal anyways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably some typo there.
    no, it's simply horrible usage, construction

sped up asylum-seekers' initial screenings limited extensions of those hearings

"the extensions of asylum-seekers initial screenings are limited by accelerating them"

"The accelerating of asylum-seekers initial screenings limits the extensions of the screenings"
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-02-2020 at 07:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, judge called shenanigans. Trump got too cute with the FVRA and sidestepping Senate approval of cabinet level hires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dictator president's administration doing illegal things.

Judges are supposed to rule on legality/illigality.

Thread Information