View Poll Results: Do we have a losing record cause we are playing DeRozan-Ball?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 44.68%
  • No

26 55.32%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. However, didn't DeRozan ball was good enough to get the Raptors in the playoffs consistently? I think it is the drop of LMA and White. Those two were a of a lot better last year. Particularly DW who was surprisingly carrying the vets for many games last season. Not so this year.
    true, but the one that really dropped off is Rudy

One difference between this year and last which doesn't really get talked about, is Aldridge's regression. Not even putting him down, he's just getting older, and I'd still call him the Spurs best player. But there were so many games in the last 2 years where he carried the team on his back. And while he still does his part, he can't really carry the team anymore.
    again I think the main difference is Rudy Gay turning from the 3rd best player to unplayable. Aldridge hasn't regressed much, he shoots 1% less cause he shoots more 3s, his blocks have increased and he averages about 1 rebound and 2 points less than last year. That's minimal
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 02-13-2020 at 06:48 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop isn't going to stop starting Forbes because DeRozan is taking a break for two games. And Forbes doesn't need the ball in his hands like White and Murray do to be effective.

White, Murray and DeRozan all need the ball in their hands and can't forget about Ma Touches. I'm still counting one basketball out there.
    What exactly is Forbes effective at ? Outside of being the worst defender in the nba ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another major problem is that we replaced all of Bertans 3 point shooting with nothing. Lyles doesn't shoot it as well and Carroll doesn't even play.

So we replaced a top 7 3 point shooter with pretty much nothing...those points don't exist anymore...the spacing he provided doesn't exist anymore...the matchup problems he caused don't exist anymore...etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is a problem but he isn’t THE problem. The problem is that we don’t have a 3&D wing player that plays SF. Even if we got rid of DeRozan this year we would still suck bc Forbes would still be starting. Pop being in love with Forbes is problem #2. I mean no matter the numbers, the no defense, the turnovers, even a bad shooting night, Pop will start Forbes and more than likely insert him in the 4th quarter to close the game. For some reason, Pop has tied his coaching chops to Forbes. Lyles and Gay are problems 3&4 respectively. They aren’t scoring at a good clip, they don’t play any real defense, and they aren’t having an positive impact most nights. Like when is the last time Gay had a good game defensively? And then it’s Demar and his no shooting 3 ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What "Young 3"? All 3 of those guys are scared to death of offensive responsibility. Them not wanting to step up is the real problem Patfo didn't see coming.
    They looked better the last 2 games derozan wasn't their to play iso ball

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What "Young 3"? All 3 of those guys are scared to death of offensive responsibility. Them not wanting to step up is the real problem Patfo didn't see coming.
    It could be a coincidence but White and Murray numbers look quite decent when DDR is out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately yes. If Spurs could find a true 3 and D would make the rotation much better. Lonnie can be that guy, but he needs to consistently hit those open 3's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So true, and extremely frustrating. We would all get annoyed with the icy part of Danny Green's game but the solace in it was that we knew no matter what his D was always there. White and Murray are like Icy to mild, they can pretty much be complete ghosts. Great tools, no consistency. I don't think we can completely give up on them until we see what they do when the rubber meets the road and they get the responsibilities Aldridge and Demar carry now.

The championships for the foreseeable future will belong in LA one way or another, we'd pretty much need a Klay Thompson clone to solve the issues with the starting unit as presently constructed and that's not happening so if they are going to move on from La, Demar etc they might as well get it over with but even with that this roster is just a mishmash of the unwanted; Gay, Belinelli, Lyles, you have the Demare fiasco, even a reset isn't an easy proposition.

This hole is about to break ground into china.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spoelstra would have this same exact team in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now ask about Forbes ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team can't close out games.. last 7-8 minutes of the game is where it falls apart. They can't make the necessary stops and nobody can make a basket under defensive pressure. They are too soft.

Thread Information