View Poll Results: Do we have a losing record cause we are playing DeRozan-Ball?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 44.68%
  • No

26 55.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The system is built around DeRozan this year. With Aldridge shooting 3s the spacing is built to give DeMar enough room in the paint, but the team is not really successful doing that.

Last year and the year before they played through Aldridge a lot more. And while that results into a 1st-round exit 95% of the time, the sample size is large enough to know that Aldridge-Ball at least gets you into the postseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes and Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't it because DeRozan that Pop HAS to start Forbes? If DeRozan had a 3 point shot, then no one would have such strong feelings for DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest problem is Pop. Then flip a coin: Dumbmar heads/Bryn tails. Then LMA. Then Rudy. Then Marco. Lots of stoopid losers on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest problem is Pop. Then flip a coin: Dumbmar heads/Bryn tails. Then LMA. Then Rudy. Then Marco. Lots of stoopid losers on this team.
    Biggest problem is the construction of this team. Sure there are combinations that people want but even those combinations would probably be just good enough for an 8th seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that DeRozan doesn't cause his own problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes/Pop and Demar stunting the growth of the young 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't it because DeRozan that Pop HAS to start Forbes? If DeRozan had a 3 point shot, then no one would have such strong feelings for DeRozan.
    No. Bryn doesn't shoot 3s much better than white, and his overall shooting % is worse. On a much smaller sample size, Lonnie actually shoots 3s better than Bryn, and his overall shooting % is much better. I would even start Patty over Bryn. Bryn's ability to stretch the D is a myth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest problem is the construction of this team. Sure there are combinations that people want but even those combinations would probably be just good enough for an 8th seed.

8th is better than where we are and where we will end up. But, yes, as we all know, Pop has put together a terrible roster, and he plays rotations that make it even worse.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is a career net negative. But no. Certain players are playing too much, certain players are playing not enough. Certain players are starting when shouldn't be, and closing when shouldnt be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Bryn doesn't shoot 3s much better than white, and his overall shooting % is worse. On a much smaller sample size, Lonnie actually shoots 3s better than Bryn, and his overall shooting % is much better. I would even start Patty over Bryn. Bryn's ability to stretch the D is a myth.
    Then tell me why he still starts and also tell it to Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude still starting with or without Frozen. Are you inferring he will still start but play less with DeFrozen out?
    Pop isn't going to stop starting Forbes because DeRozan is taking a break for two games. And Forbes doesn't need the ball in his hands like White and Murray do to be effective.

White, Murray and DeRozan all need the ball in their hands and can't forget about Ma Touches. I'm still counting one basketball out there.
    Last edited by NASpurs; 02-12-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Melo and DDR stats are good but.....

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I saw the thread le I thought it was going to be asking Do we have a losing record in games we have 20 point leads in tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are you now saying he WONT Start Bryn if DePression is OFF the team and he only did it because he was HURT?

Everybody in this community knows there is no reason in the world Pop IS NOT going to start Bryn and give him minutes as long as they are THE COACH and his is a PLAYER on that coaches Teams ROSTER. You said this man

Bryn starts because DeFrozen doesn't have a 3 point shot.

and now your talking about one ball and some other such nonsense about touches?

WTF? Dude
    I'm racking my brain here as to what you're failing to understand. Stick to the Star Trek gifs bro.

That part in bold is exactly what I'm saying. What are YOU not understanding? I'm communicating in English right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    overwhelmingly yes. the spurs with demar and LMA play iso long 2 choker loserball. get these idiots off the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not may fault you don't realize you are making an IF function with this statement

an if function is

Something is true when something happens and the opposite is true when it doesn't

IF(derozen has a three point shot) THEN(POP Doesn't HAVE to start BYRN FORBES)

I'll make another If Function

IF you don't realize what youre saying when writing a IF fucntion THEN you

When somebody points out your flaw
    Jesus Christ this is ing stupid.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no doubt in my mind that if we played faster with Murray pushing it and White and Walker on the wings, we would be a better team. Part of the reason we struggled is DDR’s iso ball, spacing issues since he doesn’t shoot the 3 and his lack of defensive intensity unless he’s playing the Raptors. My main reason for wanting to trade him was to open up the offense. Kind of like when the Raptors traded Rudy Gay and they started to win. Sometimes fit plays a huge role in the success of a team and he’s just a bad fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not exactly. He'll never be a true #1, nor will he ever win a le because he prices himself out of being on a championship team with his contracts and touches, but you can win with him in theory.

The issues are that Pop is holding the team back with his decision making which has, most importantly of all, led to the construction of a roster that is just not very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes and Marco over Walker and Carroll is the biggest frustration at this point. Beginning of the year Murray and White were both bad as well so it's not all om DeRozan for sure but he is definitely not worth his contract. He needs to take a role as a 3rd/4th option if he wamts to contend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Neither Murray not Walker nor White are difference makers. DeRozan and Aldridge need help and that trio is not ready this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rtg is based on 100 possessions. ORtg means points scored per 100 possessions. DRtg means points given up, per 100.

Trend of Spurs' ORtg the last 5 seasons:

110.3 , 111.1 , 107.9 , 112.9 , 112.1

Trend of Spurs' DRtg the last 5 seasons:

99.0 , 103.5 , 104.8 , 111.2 , 113.4

Difference between ORtg and DRtg, year by year:

11.3 , 7.6 , 3.1 , 1.7 , minus 1.3

The difference shrank until it flipped this year. The Defense number is the culprit. It rose, in a long-term trend, until it exceeded the offense, as marked in bold. For the defense to be the basic problem, should not surprise anybody.

"DeRozan ball," or whatever you want to call it, is good enough on the offensive side that the team could have a winning record. (They might be ugly wins.)

But "Forbes ball" (so call it) is the killer. Too many points given up.

Solution? Try giving more time on court to the team's better defenders.

Which will astonish nobody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Neither Murray not Walker nor White are difference makers. ...

Yes they absolutely are, if they replace Bryn Forbes and Marco Belinelli, because what's killing the team is that the defense is so bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 man lineups:

Derozan, Forbes, Murray: 745 mins = offensive rating of 109.7 & defensive rating of 113.6 for a net rating of -3.9

White, Forbes, Murray: 39 mins = offensive rating of 109.9 & defensive rating of 105.9 for a net rating of +4.0

Interesting again how with Derozan Forbes drags him down but not the same for White/Murray? Also offense stays as potent too despite DeRozan being a superior player.

Sample size is small but this has been hypothesized by many for a long time.

Thread Information