Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.
    Unless said poster called it in advance it's just hindsight 20/20.
    In this case, most did call it before. Clarke over Luka or KJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with not having to watch unskilled stiifs who are in the court only because they're really big. A team full of 6'8" guys that can shoot? I'd love to watch that.
    Its ok. I think if they compromise some would be best. Allow the game to be physical. Make them earn a 3 shot foul. You’d see some amazing athletic offensive AND defensive play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this case, most did call it before. Clarke over Luka or KJ
    Excellent.
    I've got Gonzaga connections and they even said Clarke before Huachiama (sp).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread wont age well
    I agree but not because of the outcome you think. KJ is likely to end up like Deshaun Thomas and Jaren Blossomgame. Very similar players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent.
    I've got Gonzaga connections and they even said Clarke before Huachiama (sp).
    That's spelled Hoochimama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A great motor vs scrubs in the d-league and nba garbage time players means nothing right now. I think he’s got a chance tho.

Clarke playing really well for a playoff team as a role player. Clark > KJ now and likely later.
    I'm confused. Did we choose KJ over Clarke? Was Clarke available with the 29th pick? We chose Sammich over Clarke if I remember correctly. And I'm not all in on KJ or anything. The dude is one of the worst offensive players I've seen in a while. But if KJ plays good defense and learns to hit the corner 3 then idgaf how good Clarke becomes bc all I want from KJ is to become the next PJ Tucker.

We need a star for sure, but neither Clarke or KJ is the answer to that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm confused. Did we choose KJ over Clarke? Was Clarke available with the 29th pick? We chose Sammich over Clarke if I remember correctly. And I'm not all in on KJ or anything. The dude is one of the worst offensive players I've seen in a while. But if KJ plays good defense and learns to hit the corner 3 then idgaf how good Clarke becomes bc all I want from KJ is to become the next PJ Tucker.

We need a star for sure, but neither Clarke or KJ is the answer to that
    You're right about the picks. I just recall being upset about not getting Clarke on draft night. Regardless, someone in this thread commented about Clarke and that got me going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The front page isn't big enough for every re ed take on this site getting its own thread. Please stop, OP. Your imbecilic thread on Dejounte was enough for the week, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with not having to watch unskilled stiifs who are in the court only because they're really big. A team full of 6'8" guys that can shoot? I'd love to watch that.
    Then go to the YMCA.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then go to the YMCA.
    Waaaa, my front office sucks therefore I'm going to on an entire sport. The NBA was at it's peak when Mark Madsen was a regular rotation player!

Will the stupidity ever stop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waaaa, my front office sucks therefore I'm going to on an entire sport. The NBA was at it's peak when Mark Madsen was a regular rotation player!

Will the stupidity ever stop?
    You are really good at shedding tears. I expect you do it quite often particularly after you lose an argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whats the point of stocking up on talent, if pop aint going to play them over his favorable scrubs?

or are we overrating them?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paschall outplayed Clarke in tonights meaningless exhibition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paschall outplayed Clarke in tonights meaningless exhibition
    So PATFO passed up on him too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So PATFO passed up on [Paschall] too?

Twice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should have drafted Kevin Porter Jr instead of Johnson. Missed opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should have drafted Kevin Porter Jr instead of Johnson. Missed opportunity.
    Could’ve had Clarke or Thybulle instead of Luka with the 19th pick. And could’ve had Porter Jr or Paschall instead of KJ with the 29th pick.

Thybulle and Clarke were obvious choices at the time over Luka. Porter was a clear choice to me over KJ but in fairness I didn’t see paschall being as good as he’s become....so that one is just a draft sleeper to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hindsight is always perfect. The main objection I have, to the way the Spurs drafted, is that they used the top pick on a player they knew would not contribute to the team this season. I still don't think that was a smart approach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Definitely not if the goal was to make the playoffs. Draft a contributor; there were some available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bazley or Thybulle with 17th pick imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys keep naming all the players we should have drafted instead. Do you not realize it doesn't matter who we draft. Pop was going to relegate that player to the G league for 2 years also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in 2016, more people were pissed at the Spurs for not drafting Patrick McCaw than they were for them passing on Brogdon. The next year, a lot of people were pissed that the Spurs passed on Jordan Bell for Derrick White. You can't judge a draft pick for years. PATFO has certainly made draft moves in the past that I disagreed with. I was right on some and wrong on others. But in all cases, that wasn't apparent at the midpoint of the first season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in 2016, more people were pissed at the Spurs for not drafting Patrick McCaw than they were for them passing on Brogdon. The next year, a lot of people were pissed that the Spurs passed on Jordan Bell for Derrick White. You can't judge a draft pick for years. PATFO has certainly made draft moves in the past that I disagreed with. I was right on some and wrong on others. But in all cases, that wasn't apparent at the midpoint of the first season.
    Amen, brother.

Comparing the impact of Brandon Clarke, who will be 24 this year, to the potential of KJ, who just turned 20, is tough to do. That said, I'm still betting on KJ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some drafts had Keldon going in the top 10 so to get him and Luka yeah I’ll give the Spurs and A+ for last years draft.

Thread Information