Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He mentions in this clip of how Duncan would frustrate him with subtle insults and that he couldn't get to him when he would start running his mouth.

Go to 43:30.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Barnes and Stack have a great show. I gotta check that more often.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan still hates Garnett (probably bc of his Mother’s Day comment) but it’s nice to see Garnett pay respect to TD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan still hates Garnett (probably bc of his Mother’s Day comment) but it’s nice to see Garnett pay respect to TD
    Looks like Garnett has made time to reflect and is not the old asshat he was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He mentions in this clip of how Duncan would frustrate him with subtle insults and that he couldn't get to him when he would start running his mouth.

Go to 43:30.
    Very nice.
    And thanks for the time line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say it, listening to that podcast and its "real talk" all the motha ers n words... makes my brain hurt...... now wat i mu sayin''''

oofa
    Amen.
    Thanks to daslicer for providing the timeline so we can avoid all the poser ebonics .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot, what was the "mother's day" comment?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot, what was the "mother's day" comment?
    Told him “Happy Mother’s Day mother er” when he knew TDs mom had died of cancer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Told him “Happy Mother’s Day mother er” when he knew TDs mom had died of cancer.
    Yup I remember that when it happened. I was in hschool at the time and it immediately changed my perception of KG. KG definitely was very petty towards Duncan especially a few years ago when it came to being a character witness for the guy who robbed Duncan of investment money. I do remember Duncan during the end of that trial coming up to KG and just shaking his hand just so he could squash the beef the two hand. It's obvious these two will never be friends but hopefully both have moved on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ "Charles Barkley was another level of trash talk cause he'd end up fighting you"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup I remember that when it happened. I was in hschool at the time and it immediately changed my perception of KG. KG definitely was very petty towards Duncan especially a few years ago when it came to being a character witness for the guy who robbed Duncan of investment money. I do remember Duncan during the end of that trial coming up to KG and just shaking his hand just so he could squash the beef the two hand. It's obvious these two will never be friends but hopefully both have moved on.
    The investor was a good friend of Garnett's who Garnett himself had invested money with. Garnett got concerned after what he heard at the trial and he ended up finding out the investor robbed him too and he ended up suing people tied to the investor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG's punishment is having to be the third wheel, going into the HOF behind TD and Kobe.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's awesome, hahah, thanks for posting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come to find out that same guy robbed KG for 10 times what he did Tim. Lol KG always Tim’s .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come to find out that same guy robbed KG for 10 times what he did Tim. Lol KG always Tim’s .

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan used to back Garnett down completely under the basket and then just an easy put in. Then Garnett would come back down and maybe hit a jumper and start talking. But gettin such easy shots on a guy because of lower body physical strength just enraged Garnett. He knew he was playing a war he could never win.

Garnett felt like a fly on Duncan. It was painfully obvious. Poor Garnett played in a lot of very quiet games in Minnesota to hear so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In their earlier years I always hope to see them play together. Well, it's fated that they couldn't coexist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Garnett has made time to reflect and is not the old asshat he was.
    it's called aging. most previous d-bags aren't as douchy as they get older. unless you're a politician. then, you're pretty much always douchy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan used to back Garnett down completely under the basket and then just an easy put in. Then Garnett would come back down and maybe hit a jumper and start talking. But gettin such easy shots on a guy because of lower body physical strength just enraged Garnett. He knew he was playing a war he could never win.

Garnett felt like a fly on Duncan. It was painfully obvious. Poor Garnett played in a lot of very quiet games in Minnesota to hear so much.
    Tim was also the more cerebral player. You could see him just outsmart KG time after time. Must have been hard for Garnett to feel like a fool so often.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim was also the more cerebral player. You could see him just outsmart KG time after time. Must have been hard for Garnett to feel like a fool so often.
    KG was great, but nowhere near TD level. TD a took small town old ABA team like SA and won 5 rings. KG reached the WCF once, and only rang because of the shady trades landing him in Boston to form the big 3.

KG put up good numbers, but TD elevated an entire franchise to multiple championships.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's exactly how I remember their battles as well......perfect description!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG was great, but nowhere near TD level. TD a took small town old ABA team like SA and won 5 rings. KG reached the WCF once, and only rang because of the shady trades landing him in Boston to form the big 3.

KG put up good numbers, but TD elevated an entire franchise to multiple championships.
    In my eyes, it was never a debate......even in the years KG had the better numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say it, listening to that podcast and its "real talk" all the motha ers n words... makes my brain hurt...... now wat i mu sayin''''

oofa
    Real talk, no one gives a about how fragile your snowflake brain is, know what I'm saying?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk, no one gives a about how fragile your snowflake brain is, know what I'm saying?
    Be careful not to hurt TheDrewShow's feelings. He's a delicate motherfvcker.

Thread Information