Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a terrible question, tbh.
    Depends on the return. Getting rid of Lonnie and keeping Dumbmar is what is terrible.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on the return. Getting rid of Lonnie and keeping Dumbmar is what is terrible.
    Nobody is giving up an all star / first rounder for DDR and IV, who will be an all star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IV receives negative reinforcement; Forbes receive positive reinforcement. The passivity is a hundred percent a Gregg issue.
    And you know this how?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you know this how?
    Observation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is giving up an all star / first rounder for DDR and IV, who will be an all star.
    Are you saying that nobody would give up an all-star OR a first rounder, or are you saying nobody will give up an all-star AND a first rounder?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you saying that nobody would give up an all-star OR a first rounder, or are you saying nobody will give up an all-star AND a first rounder?
    Probably either, tbh.

DDR is a $27 million-dollar player who is far from 3 and D. Spurs will have to make concessions on any deal involving him. As for IV, you don't sell low on a future all star.

I get that you're saying that IV could sweeten the pot; but I just don't know what worthwhile return you think you're going to get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One is putting up All Star/All NBA numbers while the other can’t even beat out Marco Belinelli

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One is putting up All Star/All NBA numbers while the other can’t even beat out Marco Belinelli
    Forbes is better than IV
    Bellinelli is better than IV

Trolls don't believe this sh**. Not for one f'ing second!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably either, tbh.

DDR is a $27 million-dollar player who is far from 3 and D. Spurs will have to make concessions on any deal involving him. As for IV, you don't sell low on a future all star.

I get that you're saying that IV could sweeten the pot; but I just don't know what worthwhile return you think you're going to get.
    The OP asked if it would be worth getting rid of Lonnie to keep Dumbmar. I take it we are agreed that we would definitely answer “No” to that. Maybe we are in agreement that it would be best for the Spurs not to keep Dumbmar at all... Do we agree that if you can move Dumbmar and keep Lonnie that that would be optimal? So what is the best way to divest ourselves of Dumbmar? I am not advocating sweetening just any deal for Dumbmar. But your argument against including Lonnie seems to be based on an assumption that no team sees him as an all-star - as you do.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The OP asked if it would be worth getting rid of Lonnie to keep Dumbmar. I take it we are agreed that we would definitely answer “No” to that. Maybe we are in agreement that it would be best for the Spurs not to keep Dumbmar at all... Do we agree that if you can move Dumbmar and keep Lonnie that that would be optimal? So what is the best way to divest ourselves of Dumbmar? I am not advocating sweetening just any deal for Dumbmar. But your argument against including Lonnie seems to be based on an assumption that no team sees him as an all-star - as you do.
    If DDR is a true impedement to IV getting minutes, then I'm all for moving him. If IV can get 30-35 mpg with him here, then I'm relatively fine with keeping DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is better than IV

Just because you disagree with the coaching strategy doesn't mean you can't acknowledge the attempts to develop talent

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because you disagree with the coaching strategy doesn't mean you can't acknowledge the attempts to develop talent
    When Walker does emerge in X time, the butt lickers will give Pop credit.
    Play the man. Sitting him out for Forbes is BS.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lolol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of is this?

The Journey Is The Reward rudwick's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is great at the offense that used to win in the NBA. Baskets are 3 points now and he does not make them or play defense. If he can learn to shoot 3s he might be worth something. Until then he is a bad contract.
    Lonnie could develop into a valuable player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well . I don’t think PATFO give a . Would anyone be shocked?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, play Forbes anything more than a short spurt as a gunner is bull , but you cannot say sitting Lonnie has no impact on him at all at least he is showing very good defence now whenever he is playing. Something he had never shown even in the G league and Summer league, but the downside seems to be Lonnie losing his offensive edge.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, play Forbes anything more than a short spurt as a gunner is bull , but you cannot say sitting Lonnie has no impact on him at all at least he is showing very good defence now whenever he is playing. Something he had never shown even in the G league and Summer league, but the downside seems to be Lonnie losing his offensive edge.
    FFS, IV on his worst day is still a ton better on D than Forbes.

I give Pop credit if he's tanking; but I don't think that's what he's doing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FFS, IV on his worst day is still a ton better on D than Forbes.

I give Pop credit if he's tanking; but I don't think that's what he's doing.
    Of course, D and Forbes shouldn't even be in the same sentence. I am saying Lonnie's D had improved, nowadays I think even his own assistants do not know what he is doing. The only way for him to have any credit is he purposely fk this season so that whoever took over next season would have a easier time, but it doesn't seems to be the case. I think 2014 had damaged him so much that he thinks he can just plug any player and have a good result, but that 2014 team had good to very good 2 way players all around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is better than IV

But Pop does...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some bull article on ESPN just said that Demar is expected to opt in to his contract next year. So I guess that's that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

/lockthread

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker is playing too passively right now. It's at its worst with LMA and DeRozan on the court, but it's not great with White and Gay either. He can go stretches of possessions without touching the ball for more than a quick swing. Dude needs to play more like Forbes on offense. Bryn has no issue getting touches with the starters because he's aggressive both with and without the ball. Lonnie needs to be the same way, hunting for open spots and driving to score rather than to pass. That's the kinda stuff Pop needs to be in Walker's ear about, not about him working on his corner-three so he can space the floor for a Gay post-up.
    He needs to just hoover around the 3 point line, jacking up the first semi open look he gets, while hardly ever threatening the defense from anywhere else or getting to the line for freethrows, or getting an assist, or really doing anything else but hitting wide open catch and shoot 3s?

A guy who attempts around 1 freethrow a game is "aggressive with the ball"?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some bull article on ESPN just said that Demar is expected to opt in to his contract next year. So I guess that's that.
    Awesome! Another year of this unwatchable mess of a roster.

Thread Information